PDA

View Full Version : 96 Xj - new injectors

lol
08-03-16, 09:50 AM
Folks
I've got some intermittent misfiring. having replaced all the Leads, plugs, dizzy and coil it hasn't made any difference.
Moving onto the fuel side of things I see a set of injectors on ebay for $130 which appear to be genuine replacements.
Anyone replaced theirs with non OEM parts and had drama's?

cheers

Steve F
08-03-16, 09:53 AM
Seem to remember swapping with commodore injectors was a pretty common swap, try googling that. When I got a misfire it was the plugs, replaced, got no better, ordered in the plugs that were in it originally and it ran sweet again.

Cheers
Steve

Easy77
08-03-16, 04:49 PM
If you have new plugs and leads then another thing to check is the Crank Position Sensor aka CPS. A bad might cause the intermittent misfire.

Elio S
09-03-16, 04:03 PM
and just on another note, check the basics as in vacuum leaks and exhaust leaks

darksidecustoms
10-03-16, 02:16 PM
Seem to remember swapping with commodore injectors was a pretty common swap, try googling that. When I got a misfire it was the plugs, replaced, got no better, ordered in the plugs that were in it originally and it ran sweet again.

Cheers
Steve

Yep, VT Commodore. You can get reco's on eBay for about $100-120 that have been flow tested. Been running these for a few years no dramas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darksidecustoms
30-08-16, 07:45 PM
Hi Folks, What if any parts will I need in order to replace the fuel injectors, are there any seals etc that should really be changed. The injectors I am fitting are brand new Sard/Denso 800cc items. Also - does anyone have a how-to for doing this work with the engine in the car. Cheers

Not really that complicated. The injectors should come with new o-rings and there are just a couple of smaller bolts holding the fuel rail into the manifold, maybe 10mm, and some clips that slide off that hold the injectors to the fuel rail. That and u plug the injectors wires.

Here's a video that should cover it.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w2iqH773IDI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk