PDA

View Full Version : Hawe Valley - Yengo Tracks & Wiseman Ferry Bar.B.Que

uncaged123
07-04-16, 06:19 AM
I'm planning to arrange a 4wd trip on Saturday 21th May - from Windsor to Wiseman Ferry via the Hawe Valley & Yengo Tracks, then the track via Mogo Creek and St Alburn to Wiseman Ferry.

Then have a social bar.b.que in the reserve next to the river near where the vehicular ferry crossing is. Those who don't do the day 4wd trip could join us at W.F. mid afternoon for the social bar.b.que

If we leave Windsor at 9:30am we should reach Wiseman Ferry by mid afternoon.

Trip details will be posted up shortly.

darksidecustoms
07-04-16, 08:28 PM
Put us down Rob, pending some repairs.
Nash and family in the XJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darksidecustoms
09-04-16, 08:02 AM
Put us down Rob, pending some repairs.
Nash and family in the XJ

Sorry looks like we're double booked, won't be able to make this date.

-edit never mind, had the date wrong, we'll be there!

Elio S
09-04-16, 08:12 AM
I'm on annual leave on this date, so I'm interested, pending I'm not already committed to some 1st Holy Communion function for my daughter (it never ends lol)

eclectism
12-04-16, 09:04 AM
Sounds good- we're in! Ben & Amy (in the hopefully repaired WG)

darksidecustoms
10-05-16, 11:15 PM
Bump

Goneagain
20-05-16, 01:50 PM
Hi Rob, I in, where in Windsor did you want to meet MacDonalds?

darksidecustoms
20-05-16, 06:18 PM
Another nudge for meetup point and trip details. Cheers.

uncaged123
20-05-16, 07:48 PM
Hi everyone, sorry I've been flat out with visitors from overseas. Sorry I haven't put anything up but I can't do it tomorrow as advertised but I can arrange it for Sunday if thats ok, or next Saturday whatever the members wish to do. Sunday would be ideal if everyone happy to do it then.

Its an easy "D" grade with some nice scenery. We'll meet at Windor's Macca at 9:00am and leave at 9:30am, and shoul take about 5 hours to get around to Wiseman Ferry. Entry will be through a private property with 4 cattle gates to open and close before we're in the national park.

Standard procedures: recovery points front n rear, and gear, radio on channel 15, camera and food of choice, compansions.

Names attending
1. Uncaged -Rob

darksidecustoms
20-05-16, 08:02 PM
We can't do next weekend I'm afraid and Ben & Amy can't do this Sunday. Will need to come back to you for us re Sunday.

Goneagain
20-05-16, 08:55 PM
Unfortunately I can't do this Sunday, it is a belated Mother's Day and Birthday combined.
I can't say about next weekend yet?

Goneagain
20-05-16, 09:29 PM
I can't do Sunday, its a belated Mother's Day. Next weekend I can't say yet?

eclectism
20-05-16, 11:10 PM
We're good for next Sunday. Rob, are you available then?

uncaged123
20-05-16, 11:37 PM
Well I was stretched for tomorrow, but to hell with what I had arranged. If you, Ben & Amy can do it tomorrow then why not. I'll be at windsor maccas at 9:25am and we'll leave at 9:30am.

Cheers Rob

eclectism
20-05-16, 11:42 PM
Rob, awesome! We'll see you there!

Ben & Amy
0488 832 462

uncaged123
21-05-16, 12:38 AM
I did have something arranged for this Saturday,.but bugger it. Calll me between 7:00 am and 7:45am if you all wish to do the ttip this Saturday. We'll meet at Windsor Maccas at 9:15am and depart at 9:30am. The entrane to Hawe Trail is 115km up the Putty Rd through a private property.My contact no is 0432 444 247 Cheers RobS

uncaged123
21-05-16, 04:57 AM
Ok I'll run a recci Sunday if anyone wishes to come, and I'll do a Saturday run in mid June. Need to check the location of the access gate -115kn up the Putty Rd.

darksidecustoms
22-05-16, 09:30 PM
Goneagain, Eclectism and I managed the trip as a reccie on Saturday. About 2hrs drive from Windsor Maccas to the trail head on Putty Rd. Then 5hrs to the Settlers Arms Inn at St Albans with a couple of stops along the way. Given how good the food and atmosphere is there might be best to plan to end the trip there next time.

Quite a few low range climbs and heaps of bull dust don't think it's rained much there for a long time. Unsure if I would give it a D rating as it wouldn't be suitable for 2WD - especially so if rainy.

Goneagain
22-05-16, 09:39 PM
Yes we had a great trip, good road, saw some Aboriginal historical sites and had some great company on the way, and great food cooked by Amy. Simply a great Day out.

Heidi
23-05-16, 08:22 AM
great area
The engravings at Finchley are animals found in the area and there is another set on the other side of the gully. They both point into the gully and where they intersect is a permanent water hole and a traditional womens area for birthing.

I would rate the trip a c