PDA

View Full Version : EOI: Airlie 2016 trip 2

Dru
07-04-16, 09:01 AM
So much interest in this trip. :smile-new: Could we have expressions of interest in doing a second one?

Talking to Heidie (who has National Parks links) we think they cant change access until the end of the year. So there is plenty of time to run a second trip.

Mani, are you interested? If not I'll put my hand up again. For me it would something like August.

details to be agreed, but loking for demand at this stage: also interest from club members who would like to run shot gun - ie park up and be a passenger.

Jeeps
1. richhenning: Rich; JKU
2. darksidecustoms: Nash; XJ
3. Dieselcon: Jose; TJ
4. MY14JK: Kevin; JK
5. Elio S: Elio; TJ
6. JKu-365: Adrian, JKU

Shot Gun

Reserve
1. uncaged123: Rob, JKU

richhenning
07-04-16, 10:31 AM
Hi Dru, I'm interested, please include me. August sounds good.
Disappointed I am unable to make the first one.

uncaged123
07-04-16, 12:25 PM
Hi Dru, would like to do it again with Luis my friend. Unfortunately he can't make it this weekend.

Cheers Rob

darksidecustoms
07-04-16, 12:40 PM
Nash with XJ, not available long weekend however - already have plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dru
07-04-16, 01:48 PM
Updated. Rob, have to prioritise to peeps who miss the first one. Reserve list started.

Dieselcon
07-04-16, 07:15 PM
OK Im in for this

TRBN8R
07-04-16, 08:55 PM
Not sure mate.... The big step is getting a bit uncomfortable as I don't have a wich.... See how it is on your trip this weekend....

MY14JK
07-04-16, 11:08 PM
Hi Dru,

I’d like to do this run again, i had a blast the first time - August sounds good.

Cheers,

Kevin.

Elio S
08-04-16, 07:12 AM
I'm interested pending the date, as I work a rotating roster and work 2 out of 4 weekends a month

Dru
08-04-16, 08:06 AM
Not sure mate.... The big step is getting a bit uncomfortable as I don't have a wich.... See how it is on your trip this weekend....

Mani, that step I think was at it's worst the last time you ran it. At Jambo a section broke away and it got easier. Still, watching recent video's it looks pretty crook again. We'll feed back after tomorrow. I do think a winch on the first vehicle is probably sensible in the convoy though.

Dru
10-04-16, 09:53 AM
@ Mani. If anything the step at roof rack canyone has gotten worse. Definite wise move to have winch for this trip now.

:grey:

Dave
10-04-16, 11:29 AM
Hi Dru, if you go again, I'd definitely be interested in going as a passenger!

As I said on Wednesday, the only way the KJ would get up there is slung under a helicopter :)

Thanks,
Dave

darksidecustoms
10-04-16, 12:01 PM
@ Mani. If anything the step at roof rack canyone has gotten worse. Definite wise move to have winch for this trip now.

Guess this gives me a deadline to fit a winch ;-)

Dru
10-04-16, 01:22 PM
Guess this gives me a deadline to fit a winch ;-)

Its as good an excuse as any. But as long as the first Jeep has a winch, and everyone has snatch straps things should be OK.

Rock sliders definitely needed, lockers a decissive advantage, clearance is key. Short wheel base has the advantage on this one. But it is really only that one point that held everyone up.

eclectism
12-04-16, 08:54 AM
Hi Dru, please put Amy and I down for this run in the WG.
Thanks, Ben

belinda.collings
14-04-16, 09:21 AM
Please put me down for this trip. I love Airly.

redrubi
15-04-16, 03:46 PM

Was that the HARD bit??? LOL

Steve F
15-04-16, 04:53 PM
Keen too depending on date.

Cheers
Steve

dobbo56
15-04-16, 05:11 PM
Even I got up, first go with open difs, just really good spotting. Doggy.
Was that the HARD bit??? LOL

Dru
15-04-16, 05:22 PM
Yes some made it look easy! But we spent over an hour at that step. With this group, I'm happy to call the step difficult, even on a B Grade. :smile-new:

dobbo56
15-04-16, 06:43 PM
Even scarier on the way back down.
Yes some made it look easy! But we spent over an hour at that step. With this group, I'm happy to call the step difficult, even on a B Grade. :smile-new:

Heidi
16-04-16, 09:29 AM
Please put me down for this trip. I love Airly.

Belinda you will need to be financial before this trip

isherz
16-04-16, 06:28 PM
Full marks to Will who did it first go in 32 seconds flat...I have the video! [emoji21][emoji849][emoji3]

uncaged123
22-04-16, 09:52 PM
Dru, after doing it once I may wait a little more before doing it again. After that big rock has been moved. Lol

Cheers Rob

Nekked
23-04-16, 10:07 PM
Yep, always interested in Airlie

Jku-365
06-06-16, 12:27 AM
Dru

Please count me in, again August if looking good.

(Adrian from AWDC)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Dru
06-06-16, 10:06 AM
Adrian - welcome to SJC Mate! Absolutely welcome.

Just as a note - David Knight rated this trip A Grade and had a little difficulty with his front locker not working. That's just way of background though. We often take JK Sports on this trail - ie no lockers. Traction control is tested but all good. Also note that everyone tends to test there rock rails/sliders on this one.

:highly_amused:

Steve F
06-06-16, 10:22 AM
Cool, still some spots, put me down as well :)

Cheers
Steve

Dru
06-06-16, 12:05 PM
Guys - please note this thread was a request for EOI (expressions of interest). It was quickly obvious there was enough interest to run it again! The Trip has been scheduled For a weekend in August, with the idea being camping at Mt Airlie on the Saturday, and a chance for Kerry and I to run the trip on both Sat and Sun in order to avoid another oversubscribed trip.

Please lock-in interest on this thread: http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/showthread.php?5113-Mount-Airlie-B-Grade-27-8-16\

Steve you are already on the list (and we have corresponded off line). Adrian, I am putting you on the list.

Dru

Steve F
06-06-16, 01:02 PM
Guys - please note this thread was a request for EOI (expressions of interest). It was quickly obvious there was enough interest to run it again! The Trip has been scheduled For a weekend in August, with the idea being camping at Mt Airlie on the Saturday, and a chance for Kerry and I to run the trip on both Sat and Sun in order to avoid another oversubscribed trip.

Please lock-in interest on this thread: http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/showthread.php?5113-Mount-Airlie-B-Grade-27-8-16\

Steve you are already on the list (and we have corresponded off line). Adrian, I am putting you on the list.

Dru

Confusing with a list of names on the first post..... ;) I will go check the other thread as well.

Should I lock this thread and redirect it to the other?

Cheers
Steve

Dru
06-06-16, 03:07 PM
Confusing with a list of names on the first post..... ;) I will go check the other thread as well.

Should I lock this thread and redirect it to the other?

Cheers
Steve

that sounds good, thanks.

Steve F
06-06-16, 04:33 PM
Go here http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/showthread.php?5113-Mount-Airlie-B-Grade-27-8-16 for the trip

Cheers
Steve