PDA

View Full Version : 75th Anniversary Jeep Aust Event - 1-2 Oct 2016

Heidi
13-04-16, 04:11 PM
Hi

Please put you name down if you are interested in attending Jeep Australia's 75th Anniversary event in Bendigo on the October long weekend.

Big4 Ascot Bendigo 15 Heinz St, White Hills Vic 3550 Phone 1800 062 340 on Friday 30 Sept and Saturday 1 Oct.

I believe there might even be some 4wd tracks in the area.

Will post more details as they become available.

1 DaveG
2 EddyG
3 GregD
4 Heidi, Brian & Izzy
5 KevinF - MY14JK
6 RobS
7 Adrian - Goneagain
8 Danny & Sharon
9. Steve F, Bec & Emily
10. SteveT

Steve F
13-04-16, 04:43 PM
We'll be going but it will be a sprint down and back probably.

Cheers
Steve

Dave
13-04-16, 06:25 PM
Hi Heidi, I'd guess that all the people already down for the Mallee country trip to end in Bendigo... So put me down at least :)

Thanks,
Dave

belinda.collings
14-04-16, 09:15 AM
What is actually happening there?

I've been off the grid for a while. Still am really. Need to sort out the new house etc
And I need to pay my membership. I'll do it soon.

Bee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave
15-04-16, 09:01 AM

I've been off the grid for a while. Still am really. Need to sort out the new house etc

Bee

As posted in Yikkety Yak a while back - http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/showthread.php?5038-Jeep-75th-Anniversary-Planning-Thread;

Jeep Action March / April 2016 'Editor in Chief'

We are pleased to announce that Bendigo in Victoria will be the location for the Jeep 75th Anniversary and Jeep Show being held on the 1st and 2nd of October. Bendigo is located very close to the geographical centre of the state and approximately 150 kilometres north west of Melbourne.
There is a great variety of accommodation on offer in Bendigo, so start planning your accommodation now. I have spoken with Jeepers who have been planning road trips and even flights and can now finalize their plans now that a venue has been chosen.

Enjoy your March/April issue.
Michael Bowen

and

http://www.jeepevents.co/#!75th-jeep-show/cjg9 (http://www.jeepevents.co/#!75th-jeep-show/cjg9)

Join us in Celebrating 75 years of freedom and lifestyle that “only” comes from owning a Jeep, to reconnect people with their childhood love affair of Jeep, all in one show case.
Jeep Display
Mopar Display
Guest speakers
Show and Shine
Aftermarket Displays
Military Jeep Display
Concept Jeeps
Jeep Rides

Dave

uncaged123
16-04-16, 03:44 PM
I've put my name down for Dave's mallee country trip, so I'm in.

Cheers RobS

Dave
18-04-16, 03:50 PM
Hi Heidi,

As just posted in the Mallee thread, Bendigo cara park where I earmarked 10 sites wanted an update on numbers so far, so I sent our list of 8 to date.
Those people won't need to book down there, but if anyone else plans to go, not via the mallee, then it could be a good idea to start thinking about accommodation.

The Mallee trippers are booked at Big4 Ascot Bendigo 15 Heinz St, White Hills Vic 3550 Phone 1800 062 340 on Friday 30 Sept and Saturday 1 Oct.

Dave

Hunno
18-04-16, 05:25 PM

Bee

And fix Defects........

Steve F
19-04-16, 03:40 PM
Looks like Bec and Emily won't be coming, they'll be heading the opposite direction for a few days :)

So I'll be rolling the swag out at Tarcutta on the Thursday night, then on to Bendigo BIG 4 for the Friday night and Saturday night, then head back some of the way Sunday evening and home Monday. If anyone is keen to tag along let me know.

Cheers
Steve

belinda.collings
20-04-16, 09:08 AM
Yes I need to fix the defects I got at tuff truck [emoji20] just one more thing to add to endless, I have no life, to do list lol.

Wooders
20-04-16, 09:55 AM
I am hopeful of attending, but got much to get done between now & then , so it seems a long way off.
But hopefully :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

uncaged123
22-04-16, 01:57 PM
I'll be probably traveling solo, but also doing the border trip with DaveG, if anyone interested in joining me. I'll be bringing my new oz-tent with the tag-on tent.

Cheers RobS

Dave
05-05-16, 02:04 PM
I've just updated the list at the beginning of this post - added SteveT who will be coming on the Mallee Trip, so we have 10 'Jeeps' coming, and need 9 campsites. I will update Bendigo Big 4 to include all 9 sites - for the Mallee trippers and Heidi/Brian/Izzy and SteveF swagging it on a shared site.

By the way, I have only booked sites for the Mallee trippers for Friday and Saturday night. Does anyone need to book for Sunday night as well?

Any more sites needed?

Thanks, Dave

Steve F
05-05-16, 02:38 PM
I've just updated the list at the beginning of this post - added SteveT who will be coming on the Mallee Trip, so we have 10 'Jeeps' coming, and need 9 campsites. I will update Bendigo Big 4 to include all 9 sites - for the Mallee trippers and Heidi/Brian/Izzy and SteveF swagging it on a shared site.

By the way, I have only booked sites for the Mallee trippers for Friday and Saturday night. Does anyone need to book for Sunday night as well?

Any more sites needed?

Thanks, Dave

What time do you plan to hit the road on the Sunday? I can't decide if I'll stay down there on the Sunday and leave early Monday or come some of the way back on Sunday afternoon/evening.

Cheers
Steve

Dave
05-05-16, 10:15 PM
What time do you plan to hit the road on the Sunday? I can't decide if I'll stay down there on the Sunday and leave early Monday or come some of the way back on Sunday afternoon/evening.

Cheers
Steve

I really don't know, and it may depend on how good the show is. I had thought that as there are no drives or anything that maybe one day would be enough. So, in the back of my Mallee trip plan was to leave Bendigo on Sunday (or Monday) and take three days to get back to Sydney. If the show is great we may try to stay the extra day... If we go, then Sunday morning I guess, aim for Khancoban Sunday night.

Dave

Dave
08-05-16, 12:10 PM
Hi All,

I hope I got everyones email addresses right, I posted this here too just in case!

I have sent through the Jeeps that I have for the Mallee Country Trip to the Mildura and Bendigo Caravan Parks, and the Jeeps going to Bendigo direct for Friday 30 Sept & Saturday 1 Oct.

Mallee Country
1 DavidG(me) – 1 tent
2 GregD– 1 tent
3 KevinF– 1 tent
4 RobS- 1 tent
5 AdrianB– 1 tent
6 Danny & Sharon – 1 tent
7 SteveT– 1 tent

Bendigo Only
8 EddyG– 1 tent
9 Heidi, Brian & Izzy – camper trailer
10 SteveF, Bec & Emily – 1 tent

Bendigo will email me in July and ask me to ask everyone to contact them with payment, not before July.

I did mention that some people may want to stay on for Sunday night 2 Oct. They said that at this point that would be no problem, but they may want to know in July. At the moment my plans are to leave Bendigo on Sunday morning and take 3 days to travel home via the Snowy Mountains – see back of Mallee itinerary. I know that Ed said he would be going home straight up the freeway on Sunday.

These 10 Jeeps are all the names that I can find on either the Mallee or 75th Anniversary threads. Wooders is on the 75th Anniversary as a maybe.

Getting organised – 4 months and a few days to the off! If anyone else is interested please post up :)

Thanks,
Dave

Dave
01-06-16, 10:56 PM
Hi All,

We had a bit more interest in both the 75th Anniversary Show at Bendigo, and in the Mallee Country Trip to get there at this evenings club meeting.

Everyone who had already signed up for the Mallee knows they have to confirm and pay for their booking in Mildura now, if they havenâ€[emoji769]t already;

Mallee Country - Mildura Sunday 25 Sept and Bendigo Friday 30 Sept & Saturday 1 Oct.
1 DavidG(me) - 1 tent - Paid
2 GregD - 1 tent - Paid
3 KevinF - 1 tent - Paid
4 RobS - 1 tent - Paid
5 AdrianB - 1 tent - Paid
6 Danny & Sharon - 1 tent - Paid
7 SteveT- 1 tent - Paid

I spoke to Bendigo recently, they have now asked for confirmation and payment from everyone as soon as possible. I reserved Powered sites at $40 per night (so $80). Unpowered wasn't much less.

Bendigo Only - Friday 30 Sept & Saturday 1 Oct.
8 EddyG - 1 tent - Paid
9 Heidi, Brian & Izzy- camper trailer
10 Steve, Bec & Emily - 1 tent! - Paid

So could all the Mallee trippers and the Bendigo only people please call

Big4 Ascot Bendigo
15 Heinz St, White Hills Vic 3550
Phone 1800 062 340

Please let me know when you have paid, so if they contact me I will know what they are talking about.

If ANYONE else is interested in coming to the Mallee, or just to Bendigo, and you would like to stay with us, please contact these caravan parks ASAP and book, and let me know as well. Because there is a Country Music Festival in Mildura and of course the Jeep Show in Bendigo, both caravan parks were anxious to get bookings finalised before they ran out of spaces.

Thanks,
Dave

Steve F
02-06-16, 02:25 PM
I'm booked in and paid for opposite a couple of others that have already paid as well.

Cheers
Steve

Dave
02-06-16, 02:34 PM
I'm booked in and paid for opposite a couple of others that have already paid as well.

Cheers
Steve

Great, thanks Steve - sounds like that might be Ed and myself. Darn I forgot to tell myself that I'd paid... :)
Missed you last night, got your message "stuck at work" but don't you work from home? Was the Origin that important?? :highly_amused:

Steve F
02-06-16, 02:40 PM
Great, thanks Steve - sounds like that might be Ed and myself. Darn I forgot to tell myself that I'd paid... :)
Missed you last night, got your message "stuck at work" but don't you work from home? Was the Origin that important?? :highly_amused:

Working at Parramatta yesterday, was thinking it would be an easy trip to the meeting for a change, just didn't finish in time :(

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
02-07-16, 07:44 PM
Looks like I will be upgrading from the Swag to the tent as Bec and Emily are coming down as well now (following a girls trip to Melbourne, so technically up not down), lucky I booked a whole site ;)

Cheers
Steve

Dru
03-07-16, 03:19 PM
SAVED (from Rob's enthusiasms).

:shame:

Dave
03-07-16, 05:39 PM
Looks like I will be upgrading from the Swag to the tent as Bec and Emily are coming down as well now (following a girls trip to Melbourne, so technically up not down), lucky I booked a whole site ;)

Cheers
Steve

Cool! Now if we could only convince you to do the Mallee first...

Dave

SeanC
09-07-16, 06:37 PM
We are leaving Sydney on Friday night and staying at Tarcutta that night. Aiming to get to Bendigo around 11am on Saturday so we will see you guys at the show.

We have booked a cabin at Bendigo Bush Cabin and leaving on Monday morning.

Sean & Daphne

Dave
09-07-16, 07:18 PM
We are leaving Sydney on Friday night and staying at Tarcutta that night. Aiming to get to Bendigo around 11am on Saturday so we will see you guys at the show.

We have booked a cabin at Bendigo Bush Cabin and leaving on Monday morning.

Sean & Daphne

Great! Pity you aren't staying with us, but I'm sure we will meet up!
Dave

AJ96XJ
27-07-16, 04:14 PM
Hey guys, I am interested in coming, but I am not sure whether it is too late to book?
Do I just have to pay a deposit and if so, how much/what percentage?
Online, it looks like I have to pay in whole, so depending on the latest I can book a cabin, I might not be able to make it?

Steve F
27-07-16, 07:38 PM
Best bet is to call them. I paid in full but it wasn't much.

Cheers
Steve

Dave
29-07-16, 02:11 PM
Dave, do we need to pre-purchase tickets for the actual event in Bendigo or just buy at the door on the day??..........

Okay, I have an answer. I went to Jeep Action Mag website, which sent me to www.jeepevents.co (http://www.jeepevents.co/) which sent me to https://www.trybooking.com/Booking/BookingEventSummary.aspx?eid=193071

You can book and pay in advance online. Looks like tickets are $10 per adult per day, or $15 for a whole weekend pass. Different prices for kids. It does not say if you must pay in advance, and I would expect them to sell tickets at the door as with most shows - I have called the contact number to ask, left a message, am waiting for a reply...

My plan is to do the show on Saturday, then probably move on on Sunday...

Up to you :)

Dave

Dave
29-07-16, 02:20 PM
From Jeep Action Magazine...

Plans are going well for the 75th Jeep Anniversary and Jeep Show being held on the 1st and 2nd October this year in Bendigo, Victoria.
There will be a 6,000m2 building full of Jeep models from the last 75 years as well as vendors showing their parts, accessories and equipment for Jeep, camping and the outdoor lifestyle.

Jeep displays will also be outside the main building amongst the food vendors and Jeep Club stands. Further on will be a huge carpark for visitors to park their Jeeps for all to see.
Also in the carpark there will be a travel ramp in action where you can check out your Jeep's flex and watch others climb the ramp.

The event is being run over the two days to give everyone the opportunity to be able to visit and enjoy what is on offer. Thanks to those who have emailed offering their classic Jeeps for the display. If you have a classic Jeep you are happy to show, please email your info to me at michael@jeepaction.com.au

There is more information on the event at www.jeepevents.co (http://www.jeepevents.co)

Dave
04-08-16, 09:34 AM
It was suggested at last nights meeting that it might be a good idea to book tickets for the 75th Anniversary Show in Bendigo in advance.

Tickets are $10 per adult per day, or $15 for a whole weekend pass. Different prices for kids. https://www.trybooking.com/Booking/BookingEventSummary.aspx?eid=193071

I did not get a call back from the information number, but I would imagine that tickets will be available "at the door". If the show is really good, you might want to spend more than a day there, so it might be worth getting the $15 weekend pass and save $5. If you do head off on Sunday morning, will only have lost $5...

Up to you :)

Dave

Steve F
04-08-16, 10:32 AM
You go into the draw to win a cool prize if you pre-purchase. Checkout the club facebook page for details.

Cheers
Steve

Dave
04-08-16, 12:04 PM
You go into the draw to win a cool prize if you pre-purchase. Checkout the club facebook page for details.

Cheers
Steve

Okay, I'm booked in for the weekend ($15.30 for credit transaction), but didn't see anything about a prize... New Jeep??? That'd be cool :)

Dave

Steve F
04-08-16, 12:11 PM
https://fbcdn-photos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-0/p600x600/13908813_522807217911448_1463385610187902832_o.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Dave
04-08-16, 12:20 PM
Wow, it IS a new Jeep! But I'm going to have to lose a lot of weight!!

Dave
08-09-16, 09:42 AM
From Jeep Action Magazine - September

We are nearing the Jeep 75th celebrations being held in Bendigo on the 1st & 2nd October this year.

There will be a lot of great Jeep models on display showcasing the many models that have been available from 1941 till the present.

If you haven’t already purchased your ticket you can do so online at www.jeepevents.co (http://www.jeepevents.co)
Don’t miss this great opportunity to view a great range of Jeeps, check out the vendor stands, view some history videos and footage and just soak up the Jeep lifestyle.

75 Years of JeepOctober 1 – 2 2016 Bendigo, Victoria
Proudly hosted by Jeep Action Magazine Join us in Celebrating 75 years of freedom and lifestyle that “only” comes from owning a Jeep, to reconnect people with their childhood love affair of Jeep, all in one show case.

Jeep Display
Mopar Display
Guest speakers
Show and Shine
Aftermarket Displays
Military Jeep Display
Concept Jeeps
Jeep Rides
Kids under 16 Free entry
$15 for single day entry
$20 for Saturday and Sunday