PDA

View Full Version : VSCCS Certification's

Dru
26-04-16, 10:08 PM
Kerry and I tried one 4wd shop then another, but simply got no interest in assisting us through certification. They'd take the money, verbally guarantee it was safe, but obfuscate like crazy when you started speaking about certification.

Then we tried Sam (Hills 4x4). We didnt even bring it up. Just had him working through issues and fine tuning. Then he brought it up. Really a mechanic talking about certification? That's new.

So the journey started with Sam recomending what we needed, and interfacing with the certifier that he has CLEARLY built up a long term relationship with.

Result of the swerve test - "another well presented vehicle from Sam". Thats a direct quote from the VSCCS certifier. Brake test blew them away. And the certifier boys are happy.

So the Jeep is now dinky-di certified, new tyre placard, locked in at RMS etc.

if you are interested in this journey, talk to us. I can always pass on details of the Certifier. They are genuine vehicle, particularly 4WD, enthusiasts. But I'd recommend leveraging from the reputation that Sam's Jeep builds have with them.

FWIW, its a JK shorty 3" lift (possibly closer to 4" unloaded), with "metric" 35" tyres on offset wheels. Kit is a mix of Synergy, Terraflex, Fox, and Sam's local suppliers.

Hunno
27-04-16, 09:01 AM
Great work Dru getting your car certified. At least you can drive with the confidence of being legal & insured.

Yes it is a pleasant surprise to here a mechanic recommending certification. Congrats Sam - Hills 4x4!!!

Also for those unaware Sam is also a member of SJC.

Sam - is the certifier Johno?

Dru
28-04-16, 04:26 PM
Hunno - if Johno is Jonathan Young from Young Engineering - then yes. Really helpful.

uncaged123
29-04-16, 10:20 AM
Dru what's his details, and does he certify bumper bars compliance?

Cheers Rob

Dru
01-05-16, 05:36 PM
Rob I'm not sure what bars require, but they are simply VSCCS certifiers. If you get pi ged, these are the blokes you have to go to. I'll dig out the details and PM.

Hunno
01-05-16, 10:05 PM
Hunno - if Johno is Jonathan Young from Young Engineering - then yes. Really helpful.
Yes, that's Johno. Cool.

Wallyd
02-05-16, 09:36 PM
Sam, we need to talk!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wallyd
02-05-16, 09:39 PM
Where is the certified located??

Hunno
03-05-16, 10:47 AM
Where is the certified located??

Castle Hills

Wallyd
03-05-16, 10:57 AM
Castle Hills

Sam is there, is the certifier there too??

Hunno
04-05-16, 01:20 PM
Sam is there, is the certifier there too??

Yes the certifier is out that way too.

Wallyd
04-05-16, 01:30 PM
Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hills4x4
05-05-16, 03:33 PM
Walter , give me a ring at the shop or pop in one time I'll tell you all about it :-) same goes with anyone else here , 9899-4240