PDA

View Full Version : Limited vz Sport

robbo
24-02-06, 02:24 PM
My first experience with Jeep has been the purchase of an excellent value 1996 Cherokee Limited These obviously sit lower on the wheels than a sport ( I believe) before I start visiting Suspension Shops can anyone tell me the major differences in the suspension between a limited and a sport

Thanks Robbo

Wooders
09-03-06, 10:36 PM
AFAIK the stsock suspension is pretty much the same - just thate the Limited carries a fair bit more weight - ie compresses the stock spring more.....

Steve F
10-03-06, 10:10 AM
The sport definatley runs heavier rate coils and leaf pack. Thats why it doesn't run the rear swaybar as I think it may even have an extra leaf over the limited.

Cheers
Steve

Jaffas
10-03-06, 05:27 PM
My first experience with Jeep has been the purchase of an excellent value 1996 Cherokee Limited These obviously sit lower on the wheels than a sport ( I believe) before I start visiting Suspension Shops can anyone tell me the major differences in the suspension between a limited and a sport

Thanks Robbo

One of the more important things to decide before visiting suspension shop is where you want the vehicle to end up in the long term. E.g. more capable family car, touring truck, rock crawling beast! This then leads to tyre size, which then leads to all sorts of things. If you think through some of this first, and how much you prepared to spend, you can then make better decisions on what to get now. This will help avoid doing things twice in the long run (hopefully!).

Let us know what you get done to your car, then post some pics!