PDA

View Full Version : Capertee Weekend 27&28 August Grade options

Dru
12-05-16, 09:57 AM
Where: Capertee Area, camp at Mt Airlie (C Grade access OK for stock and camper trailers).

Grade: C Grade access and available across weekend. Separate trip to be posted for B Grade day trip on Saturday. Option Saturday for D grade to Airlie village ruins. Return Sunday C Grade Turon River to Sunny Corner.

When: 27 and 28 August. Set up camp at leisure (unless you are on the B Grade day trip) and go exploring.

Meet: TBA

Meeting Point: TBA

Requirements: Stock vehicles OK for D and C Grade. Please do be aware of your recovery points. Recovery gear recommended. First aid and camping equipment required. Food and water for weekend. Fuel can be topped up at Capertee - full tank needed for the C grade return trip.

Details: Kerry and I have been trying to work out how to return to Airlie. This is our proposal. Camping in the Muggi Murum-Ban State Conservation Area which includes the famous "Mount Airlie B Grade Trip" but also the Airlie Village Ruins and some interesting things to explore. Walks, mining areas, mining village ruins. C grade view points (plenty). And of course the Mt Airlie B grade trip for those who want it (to be posted separately.

This is intended to bring together families AND challenging driving on the one weekend. Camping at Mount Airlie near the diamond mine - dont worry! The entry to the camping ground is C Grade stock and trailers OK.

Numbers: Dont think we need a limit to this one. Max 4 trailer campers at the Mt Airlie camp ground, room for more at the bottom. Otherwise unlimited.

1: Dru: Dru'n'Kerry, JK
2: Isherz: John and Di, JK
3: KegsyJK: Greg, JKU
4: darksidecustoms: Nash and family, XJ
5:
6:
7:
8:
9:
10:
11:
12:

etc

Campers - 4 at the top
1. isherz: John and Di

isherz
12-05-16, 12:13 PM
Hi Dru
We're in for a winter camp count us in + camper we will go up Friday.
Cheers john&di

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dru
12-05-16, 04:52 PM
View from Genowlan trig looking over Capertee valley in the background, Mount Airlie (Camping Area) is on the right, Genowlan point is behind on the left. It's all C grade to get here.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll24/DruPics/Capertee%20Valley%20from%20Genowlan%20trig_zpsl8vn beqd.jpg

darksidecustoms
12-05-16, 10:35 PM
Put us down, Nash and family in the XJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk