PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Island - 28th December 2015

Heidi
18-05-16, 11:22 AM
We are heading to Fraser Island for New Years!

Tides are favourable for late starts and afternoon's exploring this fabulous sand island.

As we don't think the Dingo's will cope with Isabelle harassing them we are planning to camp at Cathedrals on Fraser. This is a fenced camping area. Accommodation options are also available. Please make your own booking please. If you on your own might be worth talking to other members going to see if you can share a camp site (they are 12x12)

www.cathedralsonfraser.com.au (http://www.cathedralsonfraser.com.au)

We will leave Sydney about lunch time on Christmas Day and start making our way North. We plan to stay in Gympie on the 27th and then head to Rainbow Beach to pick up permits and head on to the island on the low tide in the morning on the 28th.

We don't need to be back in Sydney till the 15th so you are welcome to join us as we do some exploring, just let us know.

When: 28th December for 5 nights
Where: Fraser Island - Cathedrals on Fraser (make your own booking please)
Costs: Barge Car - $120 return Car and trailer $180 return
Permit - 1 month or less = $46.65
Camping - $49 unpowered site

1. Heidi Brian and Izzy
2. Steve Bec and Emily
3. Dru and Kerry
4. John and Di
5. James Karen, Angus 4 and Edie
6. Sean and Daphne

isherz
18-05-16, 11:31 AM
Please ad John and Di 15herz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve F
18-05-16, 01:19 PM
I've just booked, they are filling up quite quickly but have 3 sites next to ours at the moment (un-powered 12mX12m) so if you book in the next day or so ask for Vanessa (Irish girl) or mention Sydney Jeep Club or my surname (Foster) and they will put us altogether so we can have some shared communal space.

$245 for 5 nights for a couple $285 for a couple + one kid over 4.

Cheers
Steve

isherz
25-05-16, 04:31 PM
So John and I have booked Frazer! Next to you Steve....

Steve F
25-05-16, 07:26 PM
Cool, did they say if any of the sites had gone? Hopefully the others will book soon :)

Cheers
Steve

isherz
25-05-16, 10:47 PM
Didn't say but barge from rainbow beach !

uncaged123
08-06-16, 05:22 AM
Hi Heidi, I'm interested in this trip, but will confirm by end of August. Whats the contact number for booking a camp site on Fraser?

Cheers RobS

Steve F
08-06-16, 11:27 AM
Hi Heidi, I'm interested in this trip, but will confirm by end of August. Whats the contact number for booking a camp site on Fraser?

Cheers RobS

Phone number etc is in the link on the first post, you can also book online but I'd suggest calling so we can all camp together.

Cheers
Steve

jamest
08-06-16, 01:45 PM
We'd love to come along and I have booked a cabin at Cathedrals. We'd be coming with my wife (Karen), Angus (4) and Edie (1).

Looking forward to it and hopefully we'll get out on a few club trips between now and then to meet everyone.

Cheers

James

Heidi
08-06-16, 02:12 PM
Rob let me know when you are booked and I will add you to the list

Dru
21-06-16, 12:09 PM
We have also booked a cabin (yeah I know, weak!) 28.12.16 to 4.1.17

Stephany (Cathedrals) could not stop boasting about dolphins, whales, beautiful weather. Cant wait!

Dru'n'Kerry

redrubi
22-06-16, 03:47 PM
We have also booked a cabin (yeah I know, weak!) 28.12.16 to 4.1.17

Stephany (Cathedrals) could not stop boasting about dolphins, whales, beautiful weather. Cant wait!

Dru'n'Kerry
Not weak just smart!!:encouragement:

Steve F
22-06-16, 05:33 PM
Now I can fit the 3 of us and our gear :) Was thinking I should have booked a cabin as well for a while there ;)

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/steveff/Trailer/Trailer2_zpsbkxea1v1.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/steveff/Trailer/Trailer3_zpsacet1xsm.jpg

Cheers
Steve

uncaged123
24-06-16, 08:01 PM
Will do Heidi, like to take my new partner and my friend Luis there. Cheers Rob

Steve F
25-06-16, 10:53 AM
I moved the posts about my trailer into Yikkety Yak so it didn't interfere with this thread.

Cheers
Steve

isherz
27-06-16, 09:16 AM
Not weak just smart!!:encouragement:

Tch tch

uncaged123
27-06-16, 04:29 PM
Hi Heidi, accommodation for Fraser Island booked, and Stephanie is sending me the website to book the barge. Which caravan park are you staying at the night before crossing over to Fraser Island?

Cheers Rob

Heidi
27-06-16, 09:38 PM
We normally use the mantra ray for the crossing, just pay on the day. Have not looked yet for the night before we go on the island - maybe gympie

Dru
29-06-16, 12:20 PM
Kerry and I will likely be on the Sunshine Coast. Our trip up will stick to beach driving rather than the Highway. This means starting at Noosa, taking the ferry at Tewantin, then beach driving up to the town of Rainbow Beach via the beach in to Great Sandy National Park (90 mile beach?). Then ferry over to Fraser.

All tide dependant as you don't want to do that much beach driving in the soft at high tide.

It's been decades since we did this - I presume the beach is still open.

uncaged123
16-07-16, 08:29 PM
Hi Heidi, sorry I'll be pulling out of this trip. I wish to finish the bits of the VIC high country missed erlier this year due to the bad weather we experienced. It was a toss up as to which trip to do, because I can get to Fraser Island most time in the year I went for the high country, because of its limited access time.

Cheers RobS

SeanC
15-08-16, 11:11 PM
Hi all,

We picked up our camper trailer last week. Still need to do a bit of work on it. Should be all ready for Fraser Island in December.

Camping site booked too. Did asked for a spot near Steve but hope she understood me, was a bad line.

Sean & Daphne

https://scontent.fmel1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13765887_10154402263226057_4386314123435051675_o.j pg

Steve F
16-08-16, 01:17 PM
Nice, my trailer now has a blueslip just at the RTA trying to register it but the system is down......

Cheers
Steve

Dru
16-08-16, 03:08 PM
Chinese denial of service attack?

Steve F
16-08-16, 07:39 PM
Turns out it's the police stolen vehicles registry that is down (still)

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
23-08-16, 07:36 PM
Looking at the tides at Waddy Point for the 28th December 2016 High is at 7:33am and Low is as 13:51pm, thinking 10:00-10:30am would be a good time to meet to get on the Island? Just trying to organize our accommodation the night before but don't want to have to go to far if the plan is to get on the island very early. 10:00ish am would mean as far South as Brisbane is doable without getting out fo bed too early :)

Thoughts?

Cheers
Steve

isherz
24-08-16, 09:06 AM
Hi all,

We picked up our camper trailer last week. Still need to do a bit of work on it. Should be all ready for Fraser Island in December.

Camping site booked too. Did asked for a spot near Steve but hope she understood me, was a bad line.

Sean & Daphne

https://scontent.fmel1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13765887_10154402263226057_4386314123435051675_o.j pg

[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] fab!

Heidi
24-08-16, 09:08 PM
10ish at rainbow beach? sounds good time to get permits fuel coffee etc before we head across, if tides are not to big an hour before the low should be ideal time to cross over.
27th we are aiming for near gympie - we are going to head up via Lightening Ridge
Is any one keen for a run up to Buderburg after or before hand? Brian really wants to go the Bundy distillery
Also we will probably stop on the way home on the gold coast as we can get season tickets for wet n wild that includes theme parks in Qld :) We plan to be away till mid Jan at the earliest

Steve F
24-08-16, 09:22 PM
We will probably stay a little further South and keep away from the Hwy for the night :)

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
21-09-16, 05:08 PM
Not long now, time flys and I'm excited.

Trailer is almost ready for the trip now, has enough battery and solar to run the fridge for the 5 days even if it rains all the time ;)

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/steveff/Trailer/20160921_135311_zpsbbgfzyf2.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Heidi
11-10-16, 03:29 PM
Not long till we go :) So excited!
We have been discussing Dingo's with Isabelle so she understands they are wild animals and now to act around them

A condition's report is issued fortnightly http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/fraser/pdf/fraser-conditions-report.pdf

If you plan to run the jeep topless during the day on the Island you will need secure storage for your food (i.e. lunch snacks) We have had a dingo take a plastic tub with side clips from the TJ that was wedged between the front seat and fridge that we needed to tilt the front seat to access the box! Also even though camp is dingo fenced there will still be goanna's etc so you will need to think of how you store your food at camp as well. We have seen the goanna's make a mess of some ones tent at one of the gated campsites on a previous trip.

There is fuel and food available on the island but can be expensive.

Have a think about where are you staying before we go on the Island - we will meet at Rainbow beach on the 28th about 10-10:30 and head out to inskip point to catch the ferry across - ideally we want to be travelling up the beach 2 hours before lowtide so it gives us plenty of time to get to camp.
Low tide is fairly late on the 2nd so you might want to think about where you are staying after you get of the island as well on the 2nd.

We are going to Bunderburg distillery on the 27th if any one wishes to join us.
We are going to the theme parks on the gold cost afterwards again if any one wishes to join us

There are still camp sites left at Cathedral Beach if you are still thinking about coming along - but you will need to move sites part way through the stay

Steve F
11-10-16, 04:16 PM
We will probably also hit the theme parks afterwards :) but won't be up there early enough to go to the distillery (and they probably wouldn't like my distaste for Bundy). Looking at staying within a 2hr drive of Rainbow Beach on the night of the 27th, just not sure where yet.

Cheers
Steve

Dru
11-10-16, 05:50 PM
As mentioned earlier we are thinking of beach driving from Noosa to Rainbow beach. This is done from the Teewantin ferry on the Noosa River. It can be impassable just before Rainbow Beach at Mudlo Rocks, though you can re-trace and come inland back down the beach. This is a bit of a drive, so we'll check beach conditions before departing.

Tides for Noosa on 28.12.16 are:
00:59 LT 0.46
07:40 HT 1.95
14:00 LT 0.67
19:32 HT 1.52

Urangan on Fraser Island tides are nearly 30mins earlier and slightly lower (LT) higher (HT)

From recollection 2 hours up the beach is an easy do to Rainbow. Probably best starting at 11:00 to 11:30 for the Teewantin ferry. That way its a good low at Mudlo Rocks and still good low for the beach on Fraser to Cathedrals. We will think this through. Might be better to target 10:00 and hit the beach as soon as the turning tide gives us enough hard sand for the trip. Better to be early as "the tide waits for no man"!

you need a park permit for this beach drive. See here:
http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/cooloola/pdf/cooloola-great-sandy-map.pdf

Any thoughts on how this might (or might not) coordinate with intentions at the Rainbow Beach ferry to Fraser?

Regards

Dru'n'Kerry

Steve F
11-10-16, 06:11 PM
We might end up meeting you at Cathedrals, plan was to head down to the Ferry on to Fraser around 10:00-10:30am and go on the 11:00am barge. This means will be running up the beach (with trailer) as the tide goes out ;) My preference to it coming in when loaded up :)

Cheers
Steve

Heidi
11-10-16, 06:51 PM
Sean and Daphne where keen to do the beach drive from Noosa as well

Low tide at Waddy Point is 13:51 0.65

The barge is about 10min plus queue/unloading/loading times

We are overnighting in Gympie (Shady Rest Motel) and then planning to be at rainbow beach about 10-10:30 to collect permits and then head out to the barge and cross about 11-11:30 regroup (we will have some very excited young girls I think by then) and then start heading up the beach or inland track depending on water levels.

Hook point is only passable on the low and and Eli creek two hours either side of the low tide. In theory you should just make Eli creek within the 2 hours of the turn of tide. Any delays and you could by-pass Eli via inland tracks coming out just before the wreck.

As we get closer we can re-evaluate plans and touch base on the day.

I forgot to mention that the club sat phone will go with High Country trip on at the same time - we do have a spot tracker which has and emergency beacon built in if needed - we will share the link for friends/families to follow closer to departure.

Dru
11-10-16, 07:07 PM
I'll have a look at starting shortly after HT then. No point trying the beach up in the soft sand though.

Dru
12-10-16, 08:57 AM
Plan B. We run from Noose up the Cooloola/ Teewah beach on the 27th. Camp over night and join up as planned at the ferry 10:30. Just means a night lost with the folks on the Sunshine Coast.

Sounds smart to judge the tide for Eli and you cant do this for both Eli and Mudlo.

Heidi
12-10-16, 09:14 AM
Shame the tide is not favourable an early morning low tide and you could probably have fitted both in with mudlo on the first low tide and eli on the second.

you could do a run up and down the beach and stay back at Noosa on the 27th and leave by 8 and still meet up with us? We would probably leave Gympie around 9.

Last time we where on Fraser the tides where huge due to cyclonic activity a few weeks earlier and the low tides where as high as a normal high tide and high tide over the first dune.

Dru
12-10-16, 09:18 AM
I think the drive up the day before is the go. It is cyclone season in summer!

If we have those problems we'll just have to go inland. :smile-new:

Heidi
12-10-16, 11:41 AM
In Gympie we have booked http://shadyrestmotel.com/ for the 27th
Looks OK and has a pool!

Steve F
12-10-16, 12:04 PM
In Gympie we have booked http://shadyrestmotel.com/ for the 27th
Looks OK and has a pool!

And does a cooked breakfast, me and Brian missed out on that on the way to Bendigo as the place we booked did no food :( I was so looking forward to my bacon and eggs.....

Cheers
Steve

SeanC
12-10-16, 11:25 PM
Hi all,

Here's our plan. We are doing it leisurely. Anyone who wants to join us at any point are more than welcome.

23/12 - Leave Sydney and stop near Port Macquarie for the night.

24/12 & 25/12 - Head up to Imbil State Forest, doing some bush camping at Charles Moreland Campground. (1hr from Noosa)

26/12 & 27/12 - Take ferry from Tewantin and camp on Teewah Beach for 2 nights. On Tues 27/12, we plan to take a spin around 12pm (to catch LT) from Teewah beach to Lesha track, Mudlo Rocks, Rainbow beach (lunch) and back to camp via inland Freshwater Rd.

28/12 - Take inland track to Rainbow beach and meeting up with the group at 10am.

2/01 - LT being around 17:30. Hopefully back on mainland by 18:00ish. Have a quick bite to eat in town and then head off to Amamoor. (1.5hr from Rainbow Beach)

Heidi, unfortunately we can't join you to Bundy as we are catching up with friends who live up that way.

Sean & Daphne

isherz
14-10-16, 06:26 PM
Hi all we will confirm closer to the time but hey Sean we may come up with you guys but will be heading straight back after the island thx
John n Di

Steve F
25-11-16, 12:30 PM
Not long now :) Looks like there is drinking water at the camp ground but anyone looking at taking a Jerry or two?

Cheers
Steve

SeanC
25-11-16, 10:22 PM
Great to know that there's drinking water at the campground.

We have a 90 litres tank on the camper trailer but we won't be filling it to the top. Want to keep the weight down.

So we will probably bring 50 litres. Enough to keep us going.

Sean

Steve F
25-11-16, 10:36 PM
Was thinking I'll take 20lt and fill it at camp as needed, same as you, want to keep the weight down for the sand :)

Cheers
Steve

Dru
26-11-16, 07:03 AM
We'll be doing something similar. Probably 2x 10l and top up as required.

Steve F
26-11-16, 01:25 PM
Also doing a few tweaks to the Jeep, decided to fit up the transmission cooler as a precaution :) Will run the lines next weekend. Anyone else taking any precautions, especially those towing?

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/steveff/JK/15171258_10154112375178170_6792376748593381897_n_z psshawbhbo.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Heidi
28-11-16, 10:43 AM
Jeep is booked tomorrow out at Penrith to have the airbag light looked and then at Hills 4x4 in December for service and install some parts that are arriving today.

Camper needs to have the stove looked at (again) and Brian needs to fix the leak in the water hose to the tap.

Need to book a new windscreen in and also thinking of new tyres.

Water is not a problem on Fraser there are a few spots along the beach where there is a tap to fill Jerry's as well.

Just got to find a small pelican style storage box suitable to store our lunch etc in for the day trips that the dingo's can't get into - we have had them jump in the back of the TJ and steal our plastic tub on a previous trip.

Hunno
28-11-16, 11:05 AM
Just got to find a small pelican style storage box suitable to store our lunch etc in for the day trips that the dingo's can't get into - we have had them jump in the back of the TJ and steal our plastic tub on a previous trip.

The little buggers can open esky's with the metal latch & bungee cord combo too!!!!

isherz
28-11-16, 01:11 PM
Finally starting to make our plans...we will be leaving Sydney Christmas Day around lunchtime and heading to pebbly beach about 50km north Coffs ...John has been wanting to go there for a few years now....spend 2 nights as we will arrive so late hit the Sunshine Coast on the 27th and catch up with friends...shall meet you all at rainbow beach at time confirmed 10/10.30? I think...on the 28/12.
Leave on the 2nd then we will visit another friend on the Gold Coast 2nd and 3rd maybe 1 theme park...tbc then stop over Nambucca heads in a hotel 4/1 overnight for a pamper! Starting to count sleeps!!! Read excited [emoji1]

Heidi
28-11-16, 06:19 PM
Sounds like a plan Di! We are leaving xmas day from Emu Plains, probably late morning (but before lunch) last year we headed North via the Putty Rd and had a good run to Newcastle so we might do the same again
We will overnight somewhere and then probably Brisbane with family on the 26th and leave early for Bunderberg Dist tour and then back to Gympie overnight in hotel and then Fraser hear we come!
Coming back we have nothing arranged for the 2nd but will be at Treasure Island from the 3-8 and will hit the theme parks (thanks to Wet N Wild season pass upgrade)

isherz
28-11-16, 06:39 PM
Fab! Can only cross over to pebbly beach at low tide which will be midnight so we will leave after a family lunch with our young adult kids!!!...

Dru
05-12-16, 08:38 AM
Looks like we are staying a little longer than most. Our last night is 4.1.17.

wont be taking my fishing kayak as I'm just not into my fitness routine yet, trying to punch through surf break with no fitness isnt fun. BUT that gives room for fishing! So I will bring surf rod and hopefully some crab pots for the western creeks.

Guys, we will aim for 10:00am for the Fraser ferry, rather than join in the beach camping.

See you there.

Steve F
05-12-16, 10:36 AM
Looks like we are staying a little longer than most. Our last night is 4.1.17.

wont be taking my fishing kayak as I'm just not into my fitness routine yet, trying to punch through surf break with no fitness isnt fun. BUT that gives room for fishing! So I will bring surf rod and hopefully some crab pots for the western creeks.

Guys, we will aim for 10:00am for the Fraser ferry, rather than join in the beach camping.

See you there.

I'm not a fisherman but keen to give it a go :) Any recommendations on some beginner gear as I might get some for Christmas and try my hand for some dinner.

Cheers
Steve

Dru
05-12-16, 01:40 PM
I chased some info from mates on a kayak fishing forum. The general gist is the target fish will be whiting, dart, bream, maybe flathead and tailer. IE light gear.

A 7' rod at say 2-4kg (what I would use for river fishing) will work. Surf rods are usually 12' to 14' long for longer casts. BCF have some combo's on special for the surf (make sure the rod is two piece so it will fit in/on the jeep). http://www.bcf.com.au/Product/Jarvis-Walker-Triumph-Surf-Combo/214741?menuFrom=30305

A piece of PVC tube driven into sand will hold it in place.

I couldn't help myself and bought a surf rig. Alvey rod and Alvey reel. I get the more expensive stuff from MOtackle - cheapest in the country.
http://www.motackle.com.au/alvey-600-estuary-light-surf-rods.html
http://www.motackle.com.au/alvey-55bt-reel.html

I'll also bring a normal (light) river rod and think about spinning lures/spoons in the surf and gutters. Also might try casting on the western creeks for Mangrove Jack.

Steve F
05-12-16, 02:16 PM
I chased some info from mates on a kayak fishing forum. The general gist is the target fish will be whiting, dart, bream, maybe flathead and tailer. IE light gear.

A 7' rod at say 2-4kg (what I would use for river fishing) will work. Surf rods are usually 12' to 14' long for longer casts. BCF have some combo's on special for the surf (make sure the rod is two piece so it will fit in/on the jeep). http://www.bcf.com.au/Product/Jarvis-Walker-Triumph-Surf-Combo/214741?menuFrom=30305

A piece of PVC tube driven into sand will hold it in place.

I couldn't help myself and bought a surf rig. Alvey rod and Alvey reel. I get the more expensive stuff from MOtackle - cheapest in the country.
http://www.motackle.com.au/alvey-600-estuary-light-surf-rods.html
http://www.motackle.com.au/alvey-55bt-reel.html

I'll also bring a normal (light) river rod and think about spinning lures/spoons in the surf and gutters. Also might try casting on the western creeks for Mangrove Jack.

Thanks Dru, I think Ill get one of those surf rods as we will be stopping at Harrington on the way back so will get another opportunity at Crowdy Head to give it a go and we go there pretty often.

Cheers
Steve

Dru
05-12-16, 02:52 PM
Cathedrals shop lists bait and tackle as available. :smile-new:

Steve F
05-12-16, 05:13 PM
Cathedrals shop lists bait and tackle as available. :smile-new:

Cool, I now own a surf rod, ended up going with the one you linked and as a bonus they were 20% off to BCF club members :) Now to do some reading to see what else I'll need.

Cheers
Steve

redrubi
11-12-16, 12:54 PM
Cool, I now own a surf rod, ended up going with the one you linked and as a bonus they were 20% off to BCF club members :) Now to do some reading to see what else I'll need.

Cheers
SteveLuck!!!!!!! LOL

isherz
15-12-16, 04:21 PM
Not long now...! Read happy days....

Heidi
19-12-16, 11:36 AM
Some things to think about
* Medication and well stocked first aide kit - include an antihisimine and stop itch
* Recover gear packed where you can access it
* Shovel (where you can access it)
* Swimmers available on first day as if we make good time up the beach we can stop at Eli creek for a dip!
* Sunscreen and after sun product
* Insect repellent. We like Bushmans in the green spray bottle and rid liquid.
* If your camp chair has seen better days you might want to replace it as sand tends to increase the wear and tear on them.
* Food - Cryovaced meat last longer, the butcher will often do this for you if you ask some might charge a small additional fee.
- an iceberg lettuce will fit in 2-3 zip lock bags and take less room in the fridge/esky - it stays fresher if you dont use a knife
- there may be times where lunch can be purchased but please be prepared to have it out and about just incase.
- be prepared for dinners in case the kiosk is already be closed when we get back to camp.
- I like having a few packs of wraps with us - they have along shelf life and don't get squashed.
- Nibblies to share on New Years Eve

Our day trips on the island will be some what be dictated by the tides and how much beach is available to drive on.

Suggest we meet at the national parks office at Rainbow beach @10am. Rainbow Beach Road, Rainbow Beach (80 metres south of the intersection of Rainbow Beach Road and Carlo Road) That way permits can be arranged if still needed they also have Fraser Packs available. We will then head out to inskip point. You may also want to top up fuel at Rainbow Beach.
You can pay for the barge when you drive on it. There may be a queue to get on.

The first day in a convoy can be slow on an extended as everyone settles in please be patient!

** A soft top is not considered a secure vehichle (especially with roof down or windows out) by Naitonal Parks so you need to consider your rubbish and food storage on day trips - we have had a plastic tub taken from the TJ by a dingo**

Looking forward to a great trip
Heidi

isherz
19-12-16, 06:46 PM
Thanks Heidi
Not many sleeps to go...,!

Steve F
21-12-16, 05:23 PM
Picked up a lunch box for the JK, should be secure enough and fits on the back seat

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161221/cc13210171971059a4982424571cc7e2.jpg

I have two large ones for camp as we have nothing secure everything is under canvas! At least the campsite is fenced :)

Cheers
Steve

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jamest
21-12-16, 08:43 PM
Hi guys,

I left it a bit late, but finally got the rest of our arrangements booked in. Not long now, so getting very excited!

We are staying at the Shady Rest Motel on the 27th, so we can join the group on the morning ferry. We are then staying 28th to the 2nd at Cathedrals, before heading back to Sydney (Staying at Caloundra on the 2nd).

Now to work through Heidi's checklist!

Have a great Christmas and look forward to seeing you soon.

Cheers

James

Steve F
21-12-16, 11:54 PM
Hi guys,

I left it a bit late, but finally got the rest of our arrangements booked in. Not long now, so getting very excited!

We are staying at the Shady Rest Motel on the 27th, so we can join the group on the morning ferry. We are then staying 28th to the 2nd at Cathedrals, before heading back to Sydney (Staying at Caloundra on the 2nd).

Now to work through Heidi's checklist!

Have a great Christmas and look forward to seeing you soon.

Cheers

James

We'll see you at the Shady Rest, we hope to get there with plenty of time for Emily to use the pool and to relax a little after all the driving, we'll be coming from Grafton so not too far but have a stop over at Jacobs Well to see family. Hoping to get there mid afternoon.

Cheeers
Steve
We

Dru
22-12-16, 08:37 AM
Worth reading this if you havent seen it yet. Latest Fraser conditions report.

https://www.npsr.qld.gov.au/parks/fraser/pdf/fraser-conditions-report.pdf

Today and tomorrow for packing. See everyone on the 28th.

:encouragement: :encouragement: :encouragement:

Heidi
22-12-16, 09:06 AM
I forgot to add Talcom powder works wonders on wiping wet sand of the feet (especially for the kids)

Steve F
04-01-17, 04:30 PM
What a great trip :) Had a bi of an issue with the power steering pump impeller coming off of the shaft it and the pulley mount to, I can pull on the pulley and pull it and the shaft out of the housing so no power steering for half the time on the island and the trip home. Home now though with sore arms but had an awesome time. Checkout the closed facebook club site for some video.

Cheers
Steve

Dru
05-01-17, 02:31 PM
Just a fanulous trip! Kerry and I were booked a couple of extra days. Left Fraser this morning and toured back to Brisbane via the Cooloolah beach run. Back to Sydney tomorrow.

Will look to get some pics up once back in Sydney.

Thanks to everyone on this journey, great crew and a really enjoyable trip. BIG thumbs up to Heidi, Brian and Izzie for putting it together.

Dru'n'Kerry

:eagerness: :eagerness: :eagerness:

Dru
09-01-17, 10:52 AM
A few pics.

Awinya Creek Beach (west side)
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll24/DruPics/FI%20Awinya%20Creek%20west%20side_zps5qznaw7k.jpg

Awinya Creek
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll24/DruPics/FI%20Awinya%20Ck_zpsmait5urb.jpg

Lake McKenzie
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll24/DruPics/FI%20Lake%20McKenzie_zpsxypyjhqy.jpg

Lake Wabby with sand blow
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll24/DruPics/FI%20Lake%20Wabby%20sand%20blow_zpsmfklqcpg.jpg

Sea Eagle on 70 mile Beach
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll24/DruPics/FI%20Sea%20Eagle_zps7ev480cc.jpg

Mannan Beach (north end)
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll24/DruPics/FI%20Manum%20Beach_zpsf0jez964.jpg

Dingo on Bogimbah Creek mangroves
http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll24/DruPics/FI%20dingo_zps05yjdrxq.jpg

SeanC
19-01-17, 10:28 PM
Thanks Heidi and Brian for organising such a great trip. We really enjoyed it.

Here's the dropbox link to photographs. Video hopefully soon.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ij8y8d7p73waf43/AAA-qywn0bSRhLDBZI1ptNFoa?dl=0

Kind regards,

Sean and Daphne

Steve F
19-01-17, 10:55 PM
Thanks Heidi and Brian for organising such a great trip. We really enjoyed it.

Here's the dropbox link to photographs. Video hopefully soon.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ij8y8d7p73waf43/AAA-qywn0bSRhLDBZI1ptNFoa?dl=0

Kind regards,

Sean and Daphne

Great pics :)

Cheers
Steve