PDA

View Full Version : Yalwal 6 Stage Winter 2016 Trip Report

Dieselcon
28-06-16, 11:18 AM
Saturdays Run through Australia's Yalwal 6 stage trail. A Great run with 4 shorties 2 TJ and 2 JK jeeps and a JKU.. All on 35's and at least one locker working if not both working (Rampage and Tipsy rears not working)
We expected the track to be very moist after the +280mm of rain in the last month.. But surprisingly it was pretty grippy.. A big tree has fallen and is blocking the entrance just before the carpark, a nice little gate keeper...
Stage 1 was a good warm up but unfortunately now one was recording. One flare ripped off on the off camber climb against tree/Rock.. But no panel damage..
Stage 2 just a typical rutted climb..
Stage 3 rutted climb with off camber climbs that slam you against walls of rock..
Stage 4 V-rock. Initial climb has dug up but is achievable with the right line. Then the rut afterwords is so deep on the drivers side the jeeps disappear.. Another flare ripped off on this stage.. And an indicator
Stage 5 another very steep climb.. With rock steps and huge Ruts to greet you .. One tyre bead done just on the exit.. Very unlucky.
Stage 6 is just a wall of slipper rocks.. Being shorties we all decided to winch and call it a day.

Enjoy

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=809748605792075&id=763749047058698

dobbo56
28-06-16, 02:10 PM
I watched it this morning Jose, great video as we've come to expect from you, mad looking trail, too much for me I think. luckily there wasn't more damage. Doggy..

Dieselcon
28-06-16, 08:39 PM
For those without FB :) .. Was a great run.... We even got a complement from some of the locals ... That we all get in and help each other when required.. Said it wasn't common amongst other groups.. https://youtu.be/GtQzY51Gje8

Dru
29-06-16, 07:54 AM
Fabulous work, Jose. The video and the trip. I loved watching this video and comparing to some of the "hardcore" yahoo vids out there. Complete calm, steady driving, friendly talented guides on the toughest rail I know.

:smile-new:

It's on my bucket list!