PDA

View Full Version : New member say Hello :-)

Rocket55
06-07-16, 02:34 PM
G'day all, Rod is my name aka Rocket and I'm about to pick up my first Jeep (TJ) this weekend if all goes to plan. I've been around 4wding and forums a bit, but brand new to Jeeps so go easy on me.

So before I go and post in your classifieds section or hit you guys up for info, I thought I'd exercise some curtesy and introduce myself first. I'm married with two girls and live in The Shire, spend too much time at work and not enough time in the great outdoors. I've had a bunch of Suzuki's as a youngster, but more recently a twin locked Hilux, then a couple of Patrols, now I'm looking for something that's capable off road and doesn't weigh in at 3T. :hororr:

Now to find myself a new drivers seat as the one in the TJ I'm picking up is buggered.

Looking forward to catching up with you guys on the trails.

redrubi
06-07-16, 03:10 PM
Why not come and meet us in person! Club meeting is tonight at Dooley's Regents Park 7.00 !

Cheers

Andy:pirate:

Dru
06-07-16, 03:46 PM
Welcome Rod, look forward to catching up on the trails. :smile-new:

Rocket55
16-07-16, 09:53 AM
Well picked up the TJ last weekend and all is good. Just a couple of things to attend to with it before I take it out. Currently sorting through a clutch shudder, then need to adjust the pinion angle (easy fix) then I need to replace the LHR drive axle (also an easy fix). Luckily the purchase price reflected these issues. Pretty keen to get it out, I've got to say.

Dieselcon
18-07-16, 12:59 PM
Hey Rod , glad your part of the family.. Hope you sort out the issues and the new clutch works well.. See ya soon and hope it's at airlie.

Heidi
18-07-16, 05:52 PM
Welcome! See you at a club meeting or on a trip soon!

BigIke2250
03-08-16, 05:11 PM
Hey Guys
Long time Lurker now JK owner.. Wanting to Join up but I can't get to meetings due to work commitments. Is there a way to sign on without going to the meetings? I can come on days i have RDO's but I work 12-9pm Sunday to Thursday. :hororr:

Dave
03-08-16, 10:43 PM
Hey Guys
Long time Lurker now JK owner.. Wanting to Join up but I can't get to meetings due to work commitments. Is there a way to sign on without going to the meetings? I can come on days i have RDO's but I work 12-9pm Sunday to Thursday. :hororr:

Hi Ike,

Joining is easy, click on the home page and down the bottom is the link for "How to become a member"

http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/content.php?133-Test

You can apply online and pay with Paypal.

Pity you cant attend Wednesday evening meetings, September is our AGM and the more people that come along the better.

Hope to see you on the trail!

Dave
Secretary

flugame
13-10-16, 09:13 PM
Hello,

I'm a newbie.. Old friend of mine recommended this Club, I've just picked up a 2 door JK and I will be joining as a club member very soon.

Thanks in advance.

Dru
13-10-16, 09:23 PM
Welcome bloke. Gotta love a JK shorty!