PDA

View Full Version : Comfortable seat cussons

uncaged123
05-09-16, 03:05 AM
Does any members or visitor know of a seat cussion that reduces the hardness of riding in a jku? I've started dating a nice lady who suffered a severe back injury many years back, and she feel every little ditches and hollows in the road surface. I would love to bring her on a "D" grade trip but because she has a metal plate on her spine, I there not.

Your help would be appreciated, I would like something when I pick her up from the airport next Saturday week.

Cheers RobS

Heidi
05-09-16, 09:18 AM
a Lambskin? so it can be moved to what ever seat she is sitting on. We use them in our JKU and I like to use one in the swag as well to lay on.

stevet
05-09-16, 08:28 PM
A lower back support essential to keep her spine a little straighter in the JK.... As you know I have a wee little bit of Titanium in my lower back as well and found from experience that really helps me along......... I picked up one from Supacheap of all places so you should be able to find something pretty easily from most auto outlets............

uncaged123
05-09-16, 11:09 PM
Thankyou all, she felt every jolt driving her to the airport 1 1/2 weeks back. Just need to have something comfortable for her not to feel the jolts when I pick up next week. Looking at a cussion containing an absorbent gell inside it.

Cheers Rob

Dave
06-09-16, 12:09 PM
Thankyou all, she felt every jolt driving her to the airport 1 1/2 weeks back. Just need to have something comfortable for her not to feel the jolts when I pick up next week. Looking at a cussion containing an absorbent gell inside it.

Cheers Rob

Hi Rob,

When my Dad became wheel chair bound we got a really superior memory foam filled cushion from a wheelchair shop - possibly this one http://ilsau.com.au/product/memory-foam-cushion/
Or more extreme...http://ilsau.com.au/product/equagel-general-cushion/

Probably a good place to start considering they are making products for people with injuries etc...

Dave

stevet
06-09-16, 08:13 PM
Rob, regardless of what you pick up, you are in a 4wd with matching suspension to suit it's intended purpose/use so your friend will always have some degree of discomfort from your JK....

uncaged123
11-09-16, 10:36 PM
Thanks everybody for your help and advice. She also suffer from a stomach gastic issue which she will have an inspection of after she return home from O/season on Wednesday. I'm picking her up so we'll see if it the gastic or her past injury.

Cheers Rob

stevet
12-09-16, 11:21 AM
Hi Rob,

When my Dad became wheel chair bound we got a really superior memory foam filled cushion from a wheelchair shop - possibly this one http://ilsau.com.au/product/memory-foam-cushion/
Or more extreme...http://ilsau.com.au/product/equagel-general-cushion/

Probably a good place to start considering they are making products for people with injuries etc...

Dave
I have experience with these type of seating cushions through working with folks with varying degrees of disability. They are for the reduction or lesson the risk of pressure areas from sitting in the same position for extended periods, eg, for people whom are wheelchair bound etc......... They will do little for the effect/reduction of "impact" to people with spinal injuries...........
Forgot to mention that they are classed as "medical aides" and such the prices are at times are really over the top for what they are............. Recently had management approve the purchase of some comfort shoes for some people which were basically just glorified slippers poorly in made China but had the "medical aide" tag so the cost was $190.00 for short ones and $290.00 for high ankle ones so just be aware of what you buy and the absurd prices you will pay for some of the items.... There seems to be little or no conscious when it comes to profit for some companies......... One of the best rip offs was valves for a wheelchair, $10.00 in a medical supply shop were as two doors down at the hardware store the same brand of valves were $1.25 each....Go figure that out???....... Sorry for the rant but not really ...Lol..

Elio S
13-09-16, 06:19 AM
Just coming from another angle have you tried lowering your tyre pressures?? It's amazing what a difference a few psi can make

uncaged123
16-09-16, 05:03 AM
Thanks for all your help and advice. I picked her up on Wednesday morning. I brought a good seat cushion from Costco and a back support, and my new companion gas a self inflating seat cushion. With these items and carefully avoiding potholes and rough surfaces I got her to her place with very little roughness. The problem issue was not her back but gastic due to stomach acid problem. Jopefully her upcoming medical check will find the cause of her problem so that I may be able to bring her on some d grade trips.