View Full Version : Wheeny Creek Saturday 17/09/2016

stevet
15-09-16, 06:53 PM
​Where - Wheeny Creek
When - Saturday 17/09/2016
Meet - McDonald's Richmond
Time - 7.45a.m- Depart @ 8.00a.m.
Grade - C+, B/+
Requirements - 2" lift, sliders/rock protection, belly armor would not go astray as you will scrape over steps/ledges, A/T or MT's advised, recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, radio, food/drink of choice, camera.
This run is limited to 10 vehicles including leader............. No.9 & No.10 spots are for guests...
Further info contact Stephen Taylor.... Mob. No. - 0412-707903
Attending:
1. Stephen T....TJ
2.Terry............TJ
3.Jose.............TJ
4.gbrednya......JK
9. Guest..........
10. Guest........
Post up or phone if you wish to attend.............

tex088
15-09-16, 07:37 PM
Im keen for a day out. TJ has been out of action for 6 weeks.

Add me please, Terry

gbrednya
16-09-16, 01:05 PM
Hey guys, I am keen to do this one so if there are still places please put me in
cheers

stevet
17-09-16, 07:08 PM
We had three Jeeps for today's run up to Wheeny Creek...... Terry in his TJ, Jim and Aly in their JK and myself in my TJ..... We left Richmond Macca's by 8.15am and were at the track and on our way by 9.00am........... We were the first on the track with some other arrivals arriving at the first decent as we were heading off, still to air down ( a Landcruiser and a Maverick)............ We all smashed each of the climbs with ease, no winching, no snatching...........We reached the end of the track by 11.15am to have a break for lunch and a chat.... On our way out we passed the two young guys at the second last climb on the way in then another guy and his son in a Hilux getting nowhere due to an slipping and over heating clutch so he turned around to follow us out........... Only minor issue we had was Terry's left front spring popping out from the spring perch x2...... Terry fixed it easily using his hi lift jack to return the spring into position............ We finished the run by 2.30pm..... Pic's to follow when Aly whom was the photographer for the day will post her pic's up................ Stephen T...........

gbrednya
18-09-16, 12:33 PM
Thank you guys fir the excellent day and your great company. We had good fun.
This is one of the best tracks.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Au1geMMtFBO7nQBnF1M7YD42Ng3a

Dru
18-09-16, 09:41 PM
Looks like an awesome track.

SteveT, any chance we can have just a little more notice next one?

stevet
19-09-16, 12:24 AM
Looks like an awesome track.

SteveT, any chance we can have just a little more notice next one?
Will do..... Needed to stretch it's legs before the Mallee run the following week...... I did not know if the TJ was going to be ready by the weekend as stated so it was a possible run which eventuated in the end.......