PDA

View Full Version : 6th November - Potential New Members day

Heidi
16-10-16, 12:19 AM
When: Sunday 6th November
Where: Lithgow
Grade - C

Please join us for a day exploring some tracks in the Lithgow area, we will have a look at the Rockart on Blackfellows hand Rd, head out to Sunnyside Ridge and finish at Lost City

We will meet at 9am at the Shell Service Station Maggpie Hollow Rd Lithgow. Please have full tank of fuel, food and drink for the day.
Alternatively you can meet at Richmond Macca's at 7:15am for a 7:30 departure.

This trip is suitable for New and Potential members.

There are no facilities available on this trip.

We should be finished by 4pm

Please let us know if you don't have a UHF radio (hand held is fine) so we can arrange one for the day.
Don't worry if you don't have recovery gear should not be required on this trip and our regular members will have gear with them.

1. Heidi Brian and Izzy
2. Steve (crdsteve)
3. Doggy Dave
4. Andrew Brown
5. fr33lanc3r
6. DanD
7. Timcoops
8. Elio S
9. Dave (BlueJKU)
11. Greg D
12. AJ96XJ
13. Alva
14. Steve and Hayley
15. LeighP
16. JKJessie (Kaitlyn)
17. Dru and Kerry
18. Qaanita
19. Sam J
20. Reza2011
21. Josh H

crdsteve
16-10-16, 10:29 PM
Potential member, would like to tag along.
JKU CRD auto. 2" lift with 33" federal M/T's
Will try to bring the family, but probably just me.
Steve

Heidi
17-10-16, 08:13 AM
Look forward to seeing you there!

dobbo56
17-10-16, 05:16 PM
Pop me on the end. Doggy.

Elio S
18-10-16, 08:56 AM
Would I be able to come to this provided I can get the day off work?

Heidi
18-10-16, 01:14 PM
Sure can Elio - plan is to have a blend of visitors and new members along with existing members of the club. We are not limiting the numbers.

Hamma
18-10-16, 03:39 PM
G'day Heidi. Please add me to the list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Elio S
18-10-16, 06:07 PM
Sure can Elio - plan is to have a blend of visitors and new members along with existing members of the club. We are not limiting the numbers.

Cool. I'll check if I have any days in lieu up my sleeve tomorrow, and let you know :-)

DanD
18-10-16, 06:14 PM
Please put me down for this one

Timcoops
18-10-16, 09:46 PM
Hi Guys. Had a chat to Dave at the expo on the weekend. Definately interested in joining and keen to tag along.
2012 black JK 2 door, 2 inch lift with stock shocks (for no doubt only a very short time) and 33s.

I don't yet have a CB radio. Are we required to bring any recovery gear aside from snatch strap and shackles?
Tim

BlueJKU
19-10-16, 12:49 AM
Hi approx what time would the run finish up at?

Heidi
19-10-16, 08:51 AM
Timcoops - We understand that visitors may not have recovery gear yet and this trip should not require any recoveries (never say never) so it's ok if you don't have any as the members attending will have gear if required. A radio would be good though, even a hand held, if you don't have one let us know so we can arrange some spares for the day.

BlueJKU - we hope to be finished by 4pm.

Elio S
19-10-16, 11:03 AM
Heidi, can you please put me down for this trip as my day in lieu has been approved :-)

BlueJKU
19-10-16, 02:29 PM
Thanks Heidi. Can you please put me down as attending. My name is Dave and I have a 2011 Wrangler Unlimited.

dobbo56
19-10-16, 03:33 PM
Hi approx what time would the run finish up at?Dave, We try to be back on the tar by mid afternoon,and back at Richmond by 5ish. See you there
, Doggy.

Pablo A
19-10-16, 10:51 PM
Hi, just signed up and would like to come along. 2005 TJ (with UHF)

Timcoops
20-10-16, 11:23 PM
Hi Heidi,

I will try and get hold of a radio before but if you can bring a spare in case I would be very grateful.

I will let you know if I manage to get hold of one and install before.
Thankyou

Steve F
21-10-16, 09:33 AM
Hi Heidi,

I will try and get hold of a radio before but if you can bring a spare in case I would be very grateful.

I will let you know if I manage to get hold of one and install before.
Thankyou

Just get a handheld, very useful on trips when you are out of the vehicle and cheap, in car is really only needed when on the road in long convoys etc, in the bush a hand held is fine.

Cheers
Steve

Hamma
21-10-16, 02:13 PM
Hello Heidi. Just realised I didn't put my real name anywhere - I'm John Thwaite and I'll be in my lifted and rock-railed Cherokee Trailhawk [emoji846].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dobbo56
21-10-16, 03:50 PM
If anyone wants to travel up to Lithgow in convoy, I will be at Maccas Richmond at 7.15 am leaving at 7.30. Cheers Doggy.

Timcoops
24-10-16, 02:30 PM
If anyone wants to travel up to Lithgow in convoy, I will be at Maccas Richmond at 7.15 am leaving at 7.30. Cheers Doggy.

See you there.

Thanks Steve, I will grab a handheld.

AJ96XJ
25-10-16, 08:36 PM
Hi, Heidi can you please put me on the list?
I will be meeting at richmond macca's.

KegsyJK
25-10-16, 10:29 PM
After the trip can someone please let me know the condition of blackfellows track? I'm going camping and wanting to take a shortcut through blackfellows to newnes but I have a mate with a Subaru Forester coming...

Many thanks, have fun people.

Heidi
26-10-16, 08:09 AM
KegsyJK should be fine we are running a new members trip for the Subaru and Recreational 4wd club on Saturday and doing Black fellows hand

KegsyJK
26-10-16, 04:33 PM
KegsyJK should be fine we are running a new members trip for the Subaru and Recreational 4wd club on Saturday and doing Black fellows hand

Excellent! Thanks Heidi.
Looks like we just saved a few kms and more time on the dirt! [emoji3]

Heidi
27-10-16, 07:53 AM
No worries - If your mate is keen on taking the forester offroad get him to check the subie club out

stevet
29-10-16, 04:02 PM
Hoping the TJ is back on the road... Will attend if all goes well............

LeighP
30-10-16, 05:34 PM
Hello all,
Would like to try and come along on this trip, if theres still room. Not currently a member, but been thinking about it for a while.
2013 JK 2 door, slight lift, 32" A/T's and disconnects.
Might be myself (Leigh) and my wife...or just me.
Thanks.

JKjessie
30-10-16, 06:29 PM

I'd love to join the convoy to Lithgow!
Are you guys just refuelling at the Coles Express when we arrive?

Kaitlyn

Jeep11
30-10-16, 08:49 PM
Hey guys, Hayley and I would like to tag along if possible

fr33lanc3r
31-10-16, 08:43 PM
Hi all if there is still space would love to come along to this.

Pablo A
31-10-16, 08:55 PM
We'll be there at Richmond Maccas and join the convey!

Hamma
01-11-16, 12:17 PM
Heidi: Sorry to report that I can't come on this one. Other family commitments have come up. Hope you all have a great day.
Cheers, John.

dobbo56
01-11-16, 01:46 PM
Note to all, Please be fueled up and ready to roll before meeting up, And if you cant make it, please let us know so we aren't waiting around for you. See you all on Saturday, Doggy.

JKjessie
01-11-16, 01:49 PM
Note to all, Please be fueled up and ready to roll before meeting up, And if you cant make it, please let us know so we aren't waiting around for you. See you all on Saturday, Doggy.

Is it Saturday or Sunday?

Kaitlyn

Steve F
01-11-16, 02:02 PM
Is it Saturday or Sunday?

Kaitlyn

Sunday the 6th, Dave is having a "retired person doesn't know the day of the week" moment I think.

Cheers
Steve

Heidi
01-11-16, 03:57 PM
Just to clarify the trip is on SUNDAY!

Please let us know if you need to cancel.

Dru
01-11-16, 08:37 PM
Hey there Heidi. Kerry and I are on board if you can fit us.

:smile-new:

Elio S
02-11-16, 08:55 AM
Sunday the 6th, Dave is having a "retired person doesn't know the day of the week" moment I think.

Cheers
Steve

lol gave me a heart attack. Thought I requested to take the wrong day off lol

Heidi
02-11-16, 09:08 AM
Hey there Heidi. Kerry and I are on board if you can fit us.

:smile-new:

plenty of room we have not placed a limit on numbers.

dobbo56
02-11-16, 12:29 PM
I was just checking to see if people read the posts fully. Hahaha, my bad, yep its on Sunday..

Qaanita
02-11-16, 11:02 PM
Hi Heidi, would love to come along
Please add me to the list! :)
Qaanita

Hills4x4
02-11-16, 11:15 PM
Throw me in there too .!! I'll be local :-) see if a renegade can shame me again Hahahah .!!

Reza2011
03-11-16, 12:38 AM
Hi,

I'd love to come too,

My Jeep is standard with no extra features yet.

Heidi
03-11-16, 08:19 AM
Hi,

I'd love to come too,

My Jeep is standard with no extra features yet.
Perfect trip for your jeep then! See you on Sunday

AJ96XJ
03-11-16, 04:24 PM
Is it ok, if i top off my fuel at Bowenfels, i filled up today, also can i please borrow someone's tyre gauge and air compressor, etc. If we need to air down?
Hope to have a great day on Sunday, also bought some snacks, we can share if anyone wants to.

dobbo56
03-11-16, 06:36 PM
Yes topping up is advisable, i will have a spare compressor and deflator/tire gauge for anyone to use. And yes we will be airing down, newbies will be shown what to do and have the whys and whatfors explained at the airdown point. Lots of experienced people going to help all you new to 4wheeling. Cheers Doggy.

Greg D
04-11-16, 05:42 PM
As discussed on Wednesday, I'll also join this trip.
Greg

LeighP
04-11-16, 06:14 PM
Do we have a likely UHF CB channel for contact?

stevet
04-11-16, 06:23 PM
Sorry the TJ will not be back on the road till next week, bugger....... Out for the run............. Does anyone want a passenger for the run??? Available but as I said, no Jeep....

stevet
04-11-16, 06:25 PM
Do we have a likely UHF CB channel for contact?
Channel 15 is the club channel usually used..........

DanD
04-11-16, 08:30 PM
Sorry the TJ will not be back on the road till next week, bugger....... Out for the run............. Does anyone want a passenger for the run??? Available but as I said, no Jeep....

Depends - are you any good on a skateboard?

Where abouts are you mate? Send by personal message if preferred - I'm in Lapstone but will be on my own for the day - a couple of things though - my music tastes are never to be discussed outside of the jeep and definitely not with other parties outside of the jeep, I still vape, I swear way too much (especially at random stuff - yes, I have been known to yell abuse at livestock)

stevet
04-11-16, 10:48 PM
Depends - are you any good on a skateboard?

Where abouts are you mate? Send by personal message if preferred - I'm in Lapstone but will be on my own for the day - a couple of things though - my music tastes are never to be discussed outside of the jeep and definitely not with other parties outside of the jeep, I still vape, I swear way too much (especially at random stuff - yes, I have been known to yell abuse at livestock)
Skate board... Yep... Grew up on the "banana boards", not these Malibo's they use now..... Hand stands no issue..... I could bring my roller skates except some rat's ate the wheels the other year...Lol....
I live in Blacktown but can drive the old commodore up to Lithgow and meet you there.....

DanD
05-11-16, 12:24 AM
Skate board... Yep... Grew up on the "banana boards", not these Malibo's they use now..... Hand stands no issue..... I could bring my roller skates except some rat's ate the wheels the other year...Lol....
I live in Blacktown but can drive the old commodore up to Lithgow and meet you there.....

Will PM you mate

LeighP
05-11-16, 01:14 PM
Channel 15 is the club channel usually used..........

Thanks..... :)

Alva
05-11-16, 06:00 PM
Hello! I'm in, finally a weekend I can go and is my first trip since Coffs.

Heidi
05-11-16, 08:50 PM
Cheers Alva I have added you to the list.

Pablo A
05-11-16, 09:56 PM
Sorry for the late notice - sadly have to pull out of tomorrow's trip. I've been deployed to Cessnock to assist with the bush fires

Heidi
05-11-16, 10:14 PM
No worries Pablo stay safe

Alva
06-11-16, 08:58 PM
Just want to say thanks for today, it was great getting the Jeep all muddy, meeting new people and seeing a part of NSW I haven't before.

Dru
06-11-16, 09:02 PM
Thanks Heidi, Brian, Izzie AND cousins! Great day out with a huge Jeep convoy. :eagerness:

and a special thanks to Sam and Sarah for playing on the steps with us. :smile-new:

JKjessie
06-11-16, 09:11 PM
Thanks all for a truly fun day of adventure!!

Now if anyone has any handy tricks to cleaning the dust out of the interior, please throw them this way! Cheers!!

Kaitlyn

DanD
06-11-16, 10:41 PM
Thank you for organising this trip, had a great day (apart from self inflicted sunburn) and was great to catch up with you all :)

Heidi
07-11-16, 08:21 AM
Thanks for coming along! We had a great day hope every one else did to!

Dru
07-11-16, 09:07 AM
Sam and we have dropped a short clips on SJC facebook - our "Short cut" yesterday (Spanish Steps).

dobbo56
07-11-16, 12:51 PM
Thanks all for a truly fun day of adventure!!

Now if anyone has any handy tricks to cleaning the dust out of the interior, please throw them this way! Cheers!!

Kaitlyneasiest way i find is to blow it out with hi pressure air, a garden blower will do, open the Jeep up as much as you can, better if you take the hard top off, and let rip. turn the heater fan on full and flick the settings from face to floor to demist, hitting the recirculate button on and off to clear the dust out of the vents, and dont forget to clean out your air filter under the bonnet, take the filter out and tap it on the concrete, dont blow it, but blow the air box out. Easy. Doggy.

dobbo56
07-11-16, 12:54 PM
It was great to see so many new faces out there yesterday, and thanks to the older members for lending a hand and sharing advice, pity about the dust, but it all adds to the experience. All in all a very enjoyable day, I hope you guys had as much fun as i did, see you on the trails Doggy.

Reza2011
07-11-16, 02:19 PM
Thank you guys, It was such a nice trip. Also thank you Steve for your short training courses you provided during the trip:smile-new:
I think it's time for me to do some upgrades on my Jeep!! anyway it can't happen overnight. May be starting with a compressor and a tyre deflator.

Qaanita
07-11-16, 09:04 PM
Thanks so much Heidi and Brian for leading a newbie trip! Had heaps of fun :)
Keen to see the vids or pics that come of it.
I have one of the club radios from Doggy though! :eek-new:

Looking forward to future C grades for now :)
Qaanita

Pablo A
08-11-16, 08:20 AM
Shame I missed it - hope to make the next one!

Elio S
11-11-16, 09:11 AM
Shame my TJ broke at the beginning of the trip and not at the end of the trip. Still, I enjoyed the trip up and the drive home lol. Just getting out of Sydney was good. Looking forward to coming out on another trip again real soon (hopefully with no more breakages)