PDA

View Full Version : Cape York Sept / Oct 2017

Dave
08-12-16, 11:02 AM
Cape York Sept / Oct 2017

I would like to run another SJC trip to Cape York in September/October 2017 which includes the NSW School Holidays. I had copies of an itinerary with more details of times, dates, distances and destinations, at the December Club meeting, and can send a PDF copy to anyone that PM's me with their email address.

In brief, the plan is;

Drive from Sydney to Cairns Monday 18 to Thursday 21 September - 2400km. (You can do this on your own timetable or convoy with me) Rest up and sightsee around Cairns Friday 22 September.

Day 1 - Saturday 23 September - Cairns to Daintree - 105km - includes Mossman Gorge and Daintree sightseeing and/or River Cruise.
Day 2 - Sunday 24 September - Daintree to Lions Den Hotel Helenvale - includes Bloomfield Track or CREB Track - 105km
Day 3 - Monday 25 September - Lions Den Hotel to Cooktown - 53km - afternoon sightseeing around Cooktown
Day 4 - Tuesday 26 September - Cooktown via Elim Beach to Kalpowar Crossing - Lakefield NP - 242km
Day 5 - Wednesday 27 September - Kalpowar Crossing to Archer River Roadhouse - 283km
Day 6 - Thursday 28 September - Archer River to Dalhunty River Bush Camp - includes Old Telegraph Track - 195km
Day 7 - Friday 29 September - Dalhunty River to Elliot Falls - on the Old Telegraph Track - 55km
Day 8 - Saturday 30 September - Elliot Falls to Seisia - 122km - includes OTT, Jardine River Ferry and sightseeing.
Day 9 - Sunday 1 October - Seisia to The Tip and Local Sightseeing - 150km
Day 10 - Monday 2 October - Ferry to Thursday & Horn Islands - Sightseeing Tours
Day 11 - Tuesday 3 October - Lay Day at Seisia
Day 12 - Wednesday 4 October - Seisia to Bramwell Station - 231km
Day 13 - Thursday 5 October - Bramwell Station to Chilli Beach via the Frenchmans Track - 185km
Day 14 - Friday 6 October - Chilli Beach to Archer River Roadhouse - 165km
Day 15 - Saturday 7 October - Archer River Roadhouse to Lakeland via Laura Split Rock Aboriginal Cave Paintings - 375km
Day 16 - Sunday 8 October - Lakeland to Cairns - 248km, or Optional Lakeland to Undara - 401km
Day 17 - Monday 9 October - Undara Volcanic National Park Tours

The Cape York Trek - Cairns to The Tip, Chilli Beach and return to Cairns or Undara - 2,700 km

Drive from Undara to Sydney Tuesday 10 to Friday 13 October - 2400km. (You can do this on your own timetable or convoy with me)

The whole trip Sydney to Sydney is 7500km.

Most of the trip will be D Grade, with some C Grade, and B Grade options - such as the CREB Track, the Old Telegraph Track and the Frenchmans Track.

These trip dates roughly follow the trip we did in 2011. This time avoids the highest traffic season on the Cape of July to September and the Qld school holidays. Yes it's a little warmer, but the weather is good, the creeks a little lower, and it is much less crowded! Whenever I have asked park operators up there what time of year they would recommend, well this is it. This trip is also fairly similar to the trip we ran in 2011, however this time we will go out to Chilli Beach on the East coast, not Weipa on the West coast.

Getting to Cairns from Sydney and from Undara back home is up to you, but I plan to leave Sydney on Monday 18 Sept arriving in Cairns on Thursday afternoon 21 Sept, then rest up in Cairns on Friday before heading North on Saturday 23rd. I aim to get back to Sydney by Friday 13 Oct, making the whole trip 27 days.

If family and schools are a concern for you, you could fly people to Cairns on Friday evening 22 Sept (start of NSW school holiday) and fly them back from Cairns on Sunday evening 8 Oct (end of NSW school holiday). They would miss Undara.

Please consider, and post up on this thread if you are interested. If you would like more information, please PM me with your email address. Given the tracks and distances we could manage 10 Jeeps or so.

Please PM me, or post on this thread if you have any questions.

Definites
1 DaveG
2 EddyG
3 Wayne & Julie
4 Adrian - Goneagain & Friend
5 Danny & Sharon
6 KevinF - MY14JK & family
7 GregD (and son Tristan for the return journey South)

Thanks,
Dave

isherz
08-12-16, 11:08 AM
Yes yes yes!
John n Di is a go!!! 15 herz
Excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atto
08-12-16, 08:28 PM
Hi Dave,

We're in, please add us to your list.

Thanks Wayne n Julie

Dave
08-12-16, 09:53 PM
Yes yes yes!
John n Di is a go!!! 15 herz
Excited!

Great! I'll send you an Itinerary :)

Dave
08-12-16, 09:54 PM
Hi Dave,

We're in, please add us to your list.

Thanks Wayne n Julie

Fab! Added! Now just need a few more white Grands :)

Steve F
09-12-16, 01:19 AM
If anyones thinking of going, do it

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/steveff/Cape%20York/DSCF0247.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/steveff/Cape%20York/IMG_1235_nonum.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/steveff/Cape%20York/DSCF0290.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/steveff/Cape%20York/IMG_1314.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/steveff/Cape%20York/IMG_1570.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/steveff/Cape%20York/IMG_1306.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/steveff/Cape%20York/IMG_1123.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/steveff/Cape%20York/IMG_1554.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/steveff/Cape%20York/IMG_1714.jpg

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc200/steveff/Cape%20York/IMG_1450.jpg

Cheers
Steve

stevet
09-12-16, 07:37 AM
If, if I can get my holidays rostered then, Yes please....... Maybe at this time.......

Dave
09-12-16, 10:02 AM
If, if I can get my holidays rostered then, Yes please....... Maybe at this time.......

Thanks Steve - you just want to see me wrestle a crocodile if I get in "over my head" again :)

Goneagain
09-12-16, 09:33 PM
Hi Dave, Please put me down with friend. Thank you.

Dave
10-12-16, 07:51 PM
Hi Dave, Please put me down with friend. Thank you.

Done! Wish I had a friend :)

Dieselcon
11-12-16, 12:18 AM
Oh yes... would the WK2 be suited to this

Goneagain
11-12-16, 12:47 AM
Done! Wish I had a friend :)

:smile-new: Mate.... the friend is going to ride shotgun, open and close gates, test the depth of water, and point out the Crocs!!!@@

I am sure I could loan them to you......

:smile-new: Regards Adrian.

Dave
11-12-16, 04:22 PM
Oh yes... would the WK2 be suited to this

Yes! Absolutely perfect, you need a touring Jeep!

By the time I go in my WK2 I'll have uprated suspension, bars front and rear, all the bash plates, AT tyres and a snorkel! The WK2 is a more capable Jeep than the KJ, and it made it there and back in 2011.

It'll be a great first tour for the new vehicle!

... so was that a maybe? :)

Dieselcon
11-12-16, 10:51 PM
Yes I think it's yes.. I'll get a snorkel and possibly sliders for this trip.. are you tenting, swag Or RTT?

Dave
12-12-16, 11:15 AM
Yes I think it's yes.. I'll get a snorkel and possibly sliders for this trip.. are you tenting, swag Or RTT?

That's great news! I'll be tenting, although might get a cabin for the couple of nights in Cairns. Tents are good as it gets hot, and there will be a couple of places where we set up for more than one night, so its nice to be able to spread out! I'll email an itinerary with all the details tonight, and probably have a few paper copies at the Christmas Party.

What's an RTT?

Thanks,
Dave

uncaged123
12-12-16, 06:08 PM
Hi Dave, please put me down for this trip. RobS

Dave
12-12-16, 07:20 PM
Hi Dave, please put me down for this trip. RobS

Done, although I have put you in as a maybe since you messaged me about a possible trip to Japan...?

Thanks,
Dave

Dieselcon
12-12-16, 11:18 PM
Hi Dave .. thanks.. Roof top tent.. I'll probably just swag it then. Unless the better half comes too - tent..

darksidecustoms
14-12-16, 12:50 AM
Maybe for me thanks Dave.
Cheers, Nash

Dru
14-12-16, 08:43 AM
"LET'S DO IT!" says Kerry. Put us on the list Dave, I'll work out how to sort holidays next year.

:drunk:

Dave
14-12-16, 09:27 AM
"LET'S DO IT!" says Kerry. Put us on the list Dave, I'll work out how to sort holidays next year.

:drunk:

Woo hoo, great news, thanks! I'll email the itinerary this evening from home :)

Dave

Tjcarter
17-12-16, 12:32 PM
Ah finally! Been waiting for this to pop up! Can you pls put me down as a maybe :)

Dru
20-12-16, 11:09 AM
Dave - from your email itinerary and information "you know how much fuel your vehicle uses!". How about this?

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll24/DruPics/Fuel_zpsmlvdedpx.jpg

Dave
22-12-16, 09:42 AM
Dave - from your email itinerary and information "you know how much fuel your vehicle uses!". How about this?

Ouch! Think you had better bring a push bike in case of emergency :)

Dru
22-12-16, 12:12 PM
It all just depends on the terrain. That was 6 hours of low range with plenty of recovery style situations, probably a bit of idle, and only a small number of k's.

I would be interested in hearing from JKs on the last Cape trip about the sort of consumption they experienced.

Steve F
22-12-16, 01:35 PM
It all just depends on the terrain. That was 6 hours of low range with plenty of recovery style situations, probably a bit of idle, and only a small number of k's.

I would be interested in hearing from JKs on the last Cape trip about the sort of consumption they experienced.

My XJ used more than my JK does (at least in general driving) and we were loaded to the roof (and beyond), with 120lt tank I just filled up when everyone else did and had no issues (could of even skipped an odd fuel stop no problems), there isn't as much low range as you might think so economy won't be too bad. Pretty sure I was around 18lt/100. In saying that even a day flogging it up dunes on Stockton never saw me as bad as you got above!!!!

Cheers
Steve

Dave
02-02-17, 08:05 PM
Had a bit more interest at the February Club Meeting and handed out a couple more itineraries. If anyone else is keen to come, let me know and I'll add you to the list.

I've spoken to National Parks in Qld. We plan to stay three nights in 'bookings required' Nat Park campsites - Kalpowar and Elliot Falls on the way North, and Chilli Beach heading back South.

Qld Parks requires bookings in advance and suggested that a group like ours should book 6 months in advance, especially for Elliot Falls. So we will need to have 'final' numbers in April, and I'll get a small deposit from everyone - about $20 - so I can make the three bookings. Their website still quotes the 2016 price of $6.15 per person per night.

There will be other bookings that I'll let you know about closer to time - once I have made calls to our other destinations :)

Already starting to wish the year away...

Dave

MY14JK
07-02-17, 11:53 PM
Thanks Dave,

Count me in - highly likely i’ll be towing as the family will be joining.

Looking forward to the trip.

Cheers,

Kevin.

Dave
08-02-17, 09:25 AM
Thanks Dave,

Count me in - highly likely i'll be towing as the family will be joining.

Looking forward to the trip.

Cheers,

Kevin.

Brilliant! As long as the trailer can handle corrugations you should be fine! We had an Ultimate Camper in the convoy in 2011 in it had no probs - although the owner was in charge of nibbles most nights so... :)

Dave

uncaged123
08-02-17, 11:30 AM
Hi Dave, please change me to a definate starter. Personal issue are improving and allowing me availibilty to get back out on the track again.

Cheers Rob

Dave
08-02-17, 02:02 PM
Hi Dave, please change me to a definate starter. Personal issue are improving and allowing me availibilty to get back out on the track again.

Cheers Rob

Ok, done. "And then we were 10!"

Thanks Rob

Steve F
08-02-17, 04:26 PM
Brilliant! As long as the trailer can handle corrugations you should be fine! We had an Ultimate Camper in the convoy in 2011 in it had no probs - although the owner was in charge of nibbles most night so... :)

Dave

It did bend the hitch on the tow vehicle a bit though, I remember someone mentioned it to him at a stop that it happened to them and sure enough it was bent as well, those corrugations were vehicle killers. It was a very comfy place to hang out with nibbles and a glass of wine though, before descending the stairs back to the masses and cracking a XXXX

Cheers
Steve

Dave
23-02-17, 11:46 AM
Hi All,

I had a lengthy phone conversation with Qld National Parks two weeks ago. They do require all camping booked in advance and I had the person talk me through the process.

We only spend 3 nights total in National Park campsites, in three different places. Booking can only be done online and is pretty confusing. It will be much easier for me (one person) to do all the bookings at the same time, and soon, so we can all camp together and we don't miss out.

So at the March meeting next week I will have a Registration Form asking for the names of everyone coming, the Regos of all cars and whether you will have a tent or trailer. And I will ask for $20 per person (each night is $6.15 per person). Then I will go in and book each site - and each site booking needs the specific car rego and names... It will be a non-refundable deposit as cancelling is even harder than booking...

It is an annoying system, no other State has anything like this, but it has to be done.

If people can't attend the meeting, I will email. If you confirm that you are coming with a rego form by return email, I will book and collect money later.

There will be more bookings to make, but less urgent or difficult than these ones, eg tours to TI and Horn Island, Undara, and some of the caravan parks may want bookings up front. I will get this info around after I make lots of phone calls in April so individuals can take care of anything that they want / need...

Hope to see you next week!
Dave

Dave
03-03-17, 06:20 PM
Hi All,

At the March Club Meeting I asked everyone who is definitely coming to the Cape in Sept/Oct to fill out a Registration Form – Names, Addresses, Car Rego, Contacts – so I can start making bookings.

I have registered myself with Qld National Parks so I can book the three camp sites that we will use on the trip – Kalpowar Crossing, Eliot Falls and Chilli Beach. These areas can get booked out and I wanted to get in really early so we don’t miss out.

Qld Nat Parks requires all the above info, plus money up front, to make bookings. So on Wednesday I also asked for $20 per person coming on the trip so I can make those bookings. This will be a non refundable deposit, as it is just as hard to cancel a booking as it is to make it! It costs $6.15 per person per night x 3 nights = $18.45 so I’ll owe everyone an ice block or something :)

I have emailed the Registration Form to everyone. If you didn't get the email please get in touch ASAP as I may not have your correct address.

If you filled out a form and gave me your $20 at the meeting you can ignore this message as I have all I need.
If you have not given me a rego form, please fill out and email back to me. I will need your $20 per person, but if I get your rego form back then I will take it as a guarantee that you are coming, I will pay for the Nat Park camps for you, and we will sort out money later.

If I do not hear back from you by next weekend (11 March) then I will put you back on the Maybe list and only book for those I have heard from. I hope that sounds fair.
If I have to make separate bookings at a later time I can’t guarantee that we will all be camping together, or if there will be space available... but I will do my best.

There will be more things to book and more info that I will get from you, that I will let everyone know about in a month or two – if we are convoying North together from Sydney or not, where we will meet if not in Cairns, accommodation in Cairns etc...

And it’s only 6 months and two weeks until we get on the road North from Sydney!!! Can’t wait!!!

Any questions, please get in touch.

Dave

Dave
12-03-17, 06:54 PM
Just an update, have heard back from all of the definites except RobS. Unfortunately Jose has had to drop out, he is too busy with the new business - pity Dapto isn't on the way North :)

So, am getting on with booking National Park camping for 8 Jeeps, 3 with trailers!

Much more fun than ironing haha!

Dave

Dave
29-03-17, 09:45 PM
Another update, and perhaps reassurance...

When we went to the Cape in 2011 we went up after Cyclone Yasi. There were still repairs going on to roads etc in September 2011, especially in the Whitsunday area, it did not affect our trip at all, and Debbie won't either. My thoughts go out to the North Queenslanders and I hope they will recover quickly. And we will be doing our part in a small way by bringing a bit more tourism to the area.

As I said I would last meeting, I have booked and paid for all of the National Parks camping, which had to get done promptly as spaces are limited. I have booked for 8 Jeeps, as I heard back from everyone with numbers, names and vehicle regos, except RobS who is moved back to maybe.

Rob, if you see this post (and the previous posts, and the two emails, and the personal message I have sent in the last month) and you still wish to come, please reply to one of my emails with your details ASAP so I can make an extra booking. If you do not intend to come along in September, please let me know.

If any of the Maybes have decided that they will definitely come, please let me know ASAP.

Definites
1 DaveG – Booked - Tent
2 EddyG – Booked - Tent
3 Wayne & Julie – Booked- Tent
4 Adrian – Booked - Roof Top Tent
5 Danny & Sharon – Booked- Roof Top Tent
6 Kevin, Rhonda & Sarah - Booked - Camper Trailer
7 GregD (and Tristan for the return South) - Booked - Tent

Six Months TONIGHT and we are camping at Eliot Falls, enjoying the swimming, on the Old Telegraph Track! Getting closer :)

Dave

Dave
30-04-17, 09:25 AM
A brief update - we are back to 9 Jeeps and 15 people. GregD is coming along too, he emailed me from Apollo Bay last night. I was there three weeks ago, so we are both doing an eastern Aust South to North extremes year!

I have adjusted our National Parks bookings for an extra person and vehicle and am booking at other places too. I went to the Supershow at Rosehill on Tuesday and booked our 4 nights in Seisia (at the Tip) in person with the manager who was there. I have reserved sites everywhere that doesn't need money up front, paid to reserve our spots in Cooktown. I have also contacted Peddells Ferrys about tours out to Thursday Island and Undara tours as well. Waiting to hear back.

I should have a good list of stuff that I can't organise - individual preference bookings - at the June meeting.

By my reckoning it is 20 weeks until I hit the road heading North. Getting closer :)

Dave

Dave
07-05-17, 12:09 PM
Hi All,

I chatted with a few of us at the May Club Meeting last week and said I would get more details for reservations and other stuff for Cape York out soon, and I have emailed everyone. I will bring printed copies to the June Meeting in case the email doesn’t work...

I sent a PDF with more information including bookings that I have made for all of us, and things that I can’t book for everyone More Stuff that you need to know.

Eddy, Adrian, Greg and I are going to convoy up to Cairns together from Sydney – Greg will meet us at our first camp north of the border. If anyone else wants to convoy up with us let me know ASAP and I can add to our reservations.

Everyone else needs to decide whether they will meet me in Cairns – in which case you need to book for yourselves in Cairns. Or if you would prefer to meet us in Daintree Village, we will get there on Saturday 23 Sept and leave from there on the CREB Track (if it isn’t too wet) on Sunday morning 24 Sept.

I have also booked the Two Island Tour of Thursday and Horn Islands on 2 October (everyone ticked the box on the Rego Form). It isn’t cheap but it is very good and everything is in with the price including lunch. We all need to contact Peddells Ferries at the end of August / beginning of September to confirm and pay for the tour. I will remind everyone at the beginning of September.

I have also received from Undara a letter for each of us with booking details for camping on 8 and 9 October, and Tours on Monday 9 October. I have booked the 10.30am Active Explorer $58 and the 5pm Wildlife at Sunset tour $60 which includes wine and nibbles! The details of the tours are in the email.

I think that’s everything for now. All other camping is organised, but no other payments until we get there – all those details I have listed in the email.

Please let me know if you have any questions or any changes! Oh and I did hear from RobS to withdraw from the trip. I will close off the "maybes" after the June meeting - so if anyone else is interested...?

Just over 4 months until we hit the road!!

Dave

Dru
25-05-17, 03:16 PM
Hi Dave.

Thought I'd formalise things after our phone call but unfortunately We are not able to make this one. Very jealous and hope you have a fantastic trip.

Dru

Dave
25-05-17, 08:41 PM
Hi Dave.

Thought I'd formalise things after our phone call but unfortunately We are not able to make this one. Very jealous and hope you have a fantastic trip.

Dru

Thanks Dru, didn't get to the computer last night, so making adjustments now. It is a pity you can't make it this year, but it sounds like you have some pretty exciting and busy things going on.

Unfortunately we are down to 8 Jeeps again...

To ANYONE out there who might be tempted, we have a spare spot and spare campsites already booked and reserved. If anyone is interested, please let me know ASAP. I will have to let our various destinations know that we are down a Jeep soon, ish...

If anyone would like more info, please send me a PM with your email, so I can send all the info to you, or I will have paper copies at the club meeting on June 7th. I was planning to close off the trip list after that meeting anyway - less than 4 months until we head off!

Thanks,
Dave

Dave
15-06-17, 11:22 PM
Another little update, Steve T had hoped to be able to join us and put us back at 9 Jeeps. Unfortunately work and the NDIS have not been kind to him and he cannot come along.

So as I said at the June meeting, I have closed the books at 8 Jeeps and 13 people. This is a great number, not so many that we can't keep in touch even if spread out by dust, plenty for tall tails in camp!

I will re send the list to all of our stops over the weekend so they know how many we are. The requests haven't changed though, please book your own accommodation for the trip up and in Cairns (or wherever you will be before we all meet up - I'll get those details from everyone later). I have made these bookings for Ed, Adrian, Greg and I as we are convoying up together.

As per the email I sent a few weeks ago, please call Undara about camping and tours (everyone has their own letter and reference number) and in a couple of months we will all need to call Peddells Ferries at Seisia for the Thursday and Horn Island trip.

Hmm, it's the 15th of June today. So that means 3 months and 3 days until Ed, Adrian and I head north from Sydney! Getting closer!!

Dave

Dave
18-06-17, 11:12 AM
So I emailed all the caravan parks and tour providers so they all know about our slight downsize.

But I did get this reply from the tour operator on Horn Island:

Thank you very much for the update of your group, I have put the details into our system. We also had a WW2 jeep club drive their jeeps north through the Cape and came over to visit. It was lovely to see the old jeeps doing so well :)
Have a lovely trip, see you on 2 October on the Horn Island wharf!

So wow! They got up there early. I wonder if they tried the old tele track! Pity we weren't all there at the same time - old and new.

I hope that everyone got my emails last month and this month and are contacting Cairns and Undara.

Dave

Dave
26-06-17, 10:37 AM
Got a message from Wayne and Julie on Saturday. They were in touch with Undara and did all their bookings, but it came back that the Active Explorer tour that some of us are booked in for is at 8.00am not the 10.30 that I had in my last email.

Sure enough when I checked my paperwork I am down for 8.00am not 10.30. I have not tried to change this, and it is possible that because it is warming up there by the time we arrive in October that maybe they only run the earlier tour.

Of course we do not all have to be on the same tours, book whatever you want and I'm sure you will love it - it's an amazing place!

Today is Monday of the last week of Term 2 (school teacher). This time on Monday of the last week of Term 3 I will be on the road heading North. 12 weeks to go!!

:) Dave

Dave
03-08-17, 08:37 PM
Hi all, just an update, although I think I saw everyone at the club meeting last night.

Seven weeks today and most of us are meeting up in Cairns! We are well into single figures now :)

Unfortunately we are also down to 7 jeeps as John and Di have had to pull out :(

Pretty sure everyone had booked in Cairns and Undara after the last meeting - so there is only one more booking to do in advance with Peddells ferries for the Thursday and Horn Island tours. We don't have to do that until September as they already know we are coming, and I'll remind everyone then.

Any questions, please let me know. On this cold and rainy night I am really looking forward to an early summer - In 7 Weeks!!!

Oh, and for those a bit worried about the Daintree ford: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Io0Spmk0RI looks fairly straight forward :)

Dave

isherz
03-08-17, 08:57 PM
Sooo sorry we can't make this trip! Will do a rain check hopefully for next year !

Dave
18-08-17, 12:56 PM
Another little update, we have picked up a passenger. Greg's son Tristan will be flying to Horn Island and joining us for the return journey South. Lucky he got practice in the Vic High Country in January having me as a passenger :)

I'm going to email all of our destinations over the weekend to let them know that we are down to 7 Jeeps, but only down by one person for the trip South.

Peddells Ferries should be ready to take our bookings and money for the Two Island Tour to Thursday and Horn Islands in the next couple of weeks. I will post up and email everyone when I hear from them, and that will be the LAST pre trip bit of organising that we need to do!

FOUR more weeks at work for me until the off!!

Thanks,
Dave

Dave
21-08-17, 07:33 PM
Hi Everyone,

Here are the details for the last pre trip booking for Cape York – The ferry and tours of Thursday and Horn Islands. I gave everyone a write up on these tours in “More Stuff that you need to know” – which I have emailed to everyone.

They emailed me and asked us to book online, and I have done this for Eddy and myself:

https://secure2.respax.com.au/PTIT/netwizard/bin/dispatch.php?file=info.info&intCategoryID=6

Click on Book Now for the 2 Island Tour (2ISTOUR) then start filling out your details.

We are going and returning on Monday 2 October 2017.

I picked the 2 Island Tour with Hot Lunch – last time they had a very nice Chinese meal.

You need to choose the 1430 return, that is 2.30pm. The later ferry would mean you have to spend 2 nights on Thursday Island and we have not planned for that.

The rest should be pretty straight forward. If you are a concession card holder please do take advantage!

We do need to book and pay for this in advance. By the sound of it this has been specially organised for us as Monday 2 October is a public holiday. That said we did the same trip on the same day in 2011 and when I went in 2008.

If you have any trouble, or would prefer to call them to organise, please call Peddells Ferries on 07 40691551 and have a chat. They have the list of all our names as I have emailed it to them before.

And I think that is it!

I heard from Undara that everyone has booked tours and paid for camping – although some of us will pay for their tours when we get there. Some of us have paid for everything there already.

Make sure you print and bring all of your booking receipts!!!

4 weeks tonight and we will be on the way North – staying in Glen Innes with Eddy and Adrian. Can Not Wait! Just a bit over Sydney at the moment :)

Thanks,
Dave

Dave
13-09-17, 12:18 PM
Fun fact, apart from that it is only four and a half days now until I head off...

It is 30 degrees here today, and only 27 degrees in Cairns. Looking forward to heading to the tropics for some cooler weather :highly_amused:

Have a safe trip everyone! I know Wayne and Julie head out on Friday. Eddy, Adrian and I in convoy on Monday, meeting Greg on Tuesday arvo, and Kevin, Rhonda and Sarah join us on Saturday. Danny and Sharon are still a bit unsure but will let us know when they know... Best wishes to you both.

Hope to see everyone next week!

Dave

glend
13-09-17, 01:48 PM
Have a great trip folks, wish i could have gone again. I hope all your corrugations are little ones. Dave nice to see your still using the KJ avatar.
Glen

isherz
16-09-17, 04:50 AM
Safe travels peeps! Can't wait for the tales...

MY14JK
13-10-17, 08:55 PM
What a well planned holiday! Big thank you to Dave for organising and leading the trip and for making it such an enjoyable get away. An amazing trip with a group of amazing people.

Thank you,

Kevin, Rhonda and Sarah