View Full Version : Wheeny Creek Sunday 25/06/2017

stevet
20-06-17, 07:21 PM
Where - Wheeny Creek
When - Sunday 25/06/2017
Meet - McDonald's Richmond
Time - 7.45a.m- Depart @ 8.00a.m.
Grade - B/+
Requirements - 2" to 3" lift, sliders/rock protection, winch but not manatory, belly armor would not go astray as you will scrape over steps/ledges, A/T or MT's advised, recovery points Front/Rear, recovery gear, radio, food/drink of choice,decent shoes (not thongs), camera.
This run is limited to 10 vehicles including leader............. No.9 & No.10 spots are for guests, if any...
Further info contact Stephen Taylor.... Mob. No. - 0412-707903............
1- Stephen T....TJ,
2- Stuart Tye....JK,
3- Aaron..........XJ,
4- Dru & Kerry...JK,
5- Nick & Pam...JK,
6-
7-
9-D.K, Dave......JK,
10-JKU 365, Adrian.. JKU

Stuart Tye
20-06-17, 07:34 PM
Hi Stephen, can you count me in.
Stu JK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevet
20-06-17, 07:50 PM
You have been added to the list Stu....

AJ96XJ
20-06-17, 07:52 PM
Hi Stephen i am wondering if i am capable of coming on this trip, i am pretty sure my Jeep is, but i am not sure about myself?
My Jeep has 3.5 lift, 31's (both all terrain and muddies), off road bumpers, rock sliders and heavy duty diff covers etc.
I have been on a couple of trips, and a couple times my self in Rivo bush?
Thank you, Aaron

Dru
21-06-17, 08:39 AM
Steve, Reporting for duty sir!

[Stu, you'll like this one.]

Dru'n'Kerry

stevet
21-06-17, 08:13 PM
Hi Stephen i am wondering if i am capable of coming on this trip, i am pretty sure my Jeep is, but i am not sure about myself?
My Jeep has 3.5 lift, 31's (both all terrain and muddies), off road bumpers, rock sliders and heavy duty diff covers etc.
I have been on a couple of trips, and a couple times my self in Rivo bush?
Thank you, Aaron
Hi Aaron,
Your Xj is pretty well protected and should get you through, but an odd winching (maybe) would be a good learning experience....
Dru, Kerry, Stuart and myself will be more than willing to give you a bit of guidence when needed..... You'll be be surprised and pleased by the end of the run....
See you Sunday....... Stephen T.

StewartV
21-06-17, 09:04 PM
I'd love to come along to this as it's been a while and a fair few upgrades since i last attempted it (and didn't quite get there). Unfortunately I can't make this weekend, but if you're planning ahead for another go, Saturday 16th July would be good?!??
Stewart

D.K.
21-06-17, 10:44 PM
Hi Stephen, its been awhile. If there's room can i tag along as a visitor?
Cheers
Dave

Mohawk
22-06-17, 09:23 AM
Hey Team,

Count Pam and I in, and excited!

Cheers,
Nick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jku-365
22-06-17, 06:14 PM
Can you add me to the list?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Dru
22-06-17, 06:15 PM
Looks like we are building a decent crew!

Jku-365
22-06-17, 07:41 PM
It will be good to catch up Dru

Dru
22-06-17, 08:09 PM
It will be good to catch up Dru

absolutely, and like Stuart, I think your going to enjoy this trail. It'll be interesting to see how the Long wheel base and short wheel base compare here.

Jku-365
22-06-17, 09:11 PM
I went up there three weeks ago, just two cars, had a blast :)

Jku-365
22-06-17, 09:13 PM
There was one point with a double step and a climb after that was just wrong for the LWB but a little momentum solved that :)

stevet
23-06-17, 06:33 PM
I'd love to come along to this as it's been a while and a fair few upgrades since i last attempted it (and didn't quite get there). Unfortunately I can't make this weekend, but if you're planning ahead for another go, Saturday 16th July would be good?!??
Stewart

Hi Stewart,
I will keep it in mind but my roster for that period is not out yet......

GT-Pete
24-06-17, 11:51 PM
I'll join in team - looking forward to it, Wheeny Creek is a great run!

Jku-365
25-06-17, 06:59 PM
Apologies for the no show, I had it fixed in my mind this was next weekend

Dru
25-06-17, 08:58 PM
Another fabulous day at Wheeny Creek. We'll have to wait for others for pics as I just drove today, though I think we've got a good vid of Aaron. :highly_amused:

Thanks Steve!

Dru'n'Kerry

GT-Pete
25-06-17, 10:43 PM
Thanks guys great trip!

Mohawk
26-06-17, 07:30 PM
Wheeny Creek is a great track, and we had the perfect leader for the trip. Huge thanks to Steve T. for planning and leading, and for the guidance and spotting on the day.

Looking forward to having another go!

Stuart Tye
26-06-17, 09:34 PM
Thanks to everyone for a great day out. Great company, interesting track, lessons learned what more can you want.

stevet
28-06-17, 01:53 PM
Thanks to all that attended the run.... Hope everyone enjoyed this track.... It's a B/B+ graded track so bumping and scraping are usually the norm.... I would like to give special mention to Aaron, whom carved up the track at times in his XJ running 31inch tyres.... Well done young man, hope you gain some confidence in your own driving skills...............

AJ96XJ
28-06-17, 10:41 PM
Thanks to everyone for a great day out. I am astonished at the capability of my Jeep, especially considering it only has 31's and a rear LSD. I have also gained more confidence in myself.

Dave
30-06-17, 09:18 AM
Far out, love the sound of this trip and all the positive responses!

I am positive that I don't want to try out the Grand on this track, but Steve, next time you do a run out that way, can I tag along in your passenger seat? I'll bring lunch and my camera!!

Thanks,
Dave

stevet
02-07-17, 04:50 PM
Far out, love the sound of this trip and all the positive responses!

I am positive that I don't want to try out the Grand on this track, but Steve, next time you do a run out that way, can I tag along in your passenger seat? I'll bring lunch and my camera!!

Thanks,
Dave
Hi Dave,
Sure thing.... Im trying to work on the 15th July for the next run there.....Will no by Tuesday whether I can do the run.......