PDA

View Full Version : Body / Sound Deadener

Elio S
17-08-17, 08:58 AM
I've been a bit spoilt lately driving the wife's KL Cherokee around everywhere, and suddenly the old TJ is just too bloody noisy to drive lol. I know it's never going to be quiet (or comfortable), but was wondering if anyone has used any forms of body or sound deadener to keep noise levels down a little. Would like to know what you used and how well it worked.

Jeep11
17-08-17, 06:45 PM
Elio, there is a paint on liner type material no sure of the name, but I think there is a write up in the last Jeep Action mag

Elio S
18-08-17, 11:06 AM
Elio, there is a paint on liner type material no sure of the name, but I think there is a write up in the last Jeep Action mag

Thanks. Will dig it out of the back of my work van and find the article

Peo
18-08-17, 08:19 PM
I've got the Mopar headliner in mine and it does make a difference when it comes to wind noise and heating/cooling. Obviously does nothing for road noise though.

Wooders
19-08-17, 06:29 PM
Best options a set of boggers or a good stereo ;)
Paint on products that can Help:
Interior - Herculiner, Durabak,LineX, RhinoLiner - expensive or messy if DIY
Underbody plain old sound deadner - Messy and heavy.

You can also get anumber of stick on auto insulation mats on ebay which might be an option. I am using one of these on my FSJ project - Doors, under roof lining, quarter panels, firewall, tailgate etc but won't know the results for a while yet....

Heidi
23-08-17, 07:03 PM
I used a spray on sound deadener on my Kluger when I had under body protection custom made for it.
It did work! Just got it from Super Cheap I think