PDA

View Full Version : Expression of interest - Lake Wallace (between Christmas and New Year)

Steve F
28-11-17, 09:59 PM
We are looking at heading up to Lake Wallace between Christmas and New Year, do some relaxed camping, some canoeing/fishing/Kyaking and some wheelin'

Just wanted to see if there is any interest, probably head up for 4 or 5 days.

https://tourism.lithgow.com/lake-wallace/

Cheers
Steve

Dru
29-11-17, 08:33 AM
Steve

We are free from Boxing Day - subject to finding somewhere for pets. Definitely interested.

Dru'n'Kerry

Steve F
29-11-17, 10:38 AM
Looks like Lake Wallace has a 48hr limit and toilets and showers are locked from 5pm so not so sure on this spot now.... Any other ideas?

Cheers
Steve

Dru
30-11-17, 02:50 PM
Steve, we are not exactly the team to advise on camping spots LOL!

If it suited, Glenroy cottages had showers, there is also Lyall lake I think with showers. I wouldn't want to wash in the lakes, but the river would work at Turon and Newnes. Do you know anything about Dunn's Swamp (might be crowded).

Steve F
30-11-17, 02:56 PM
I was kinda hoping for somewhere to swim, Lake Lyel needs booking and in past experience will be packed out, also makes it tricky for numbers as will be unlikely to get to camp all together. Thinking Glenroy cottages maybe with a trip out to the swing bridge for a relaxed half day and some swimming etc. I'll see if there are any other recommendations at the club meeting and anymore interest :)

Cheers
Steve

Dru
30-11-17, 04:59 PM
I was kinda hoping for somewhere to swim, Lake Lyel needs booking and in past experience will be packed out, also makes it tricky for numbers as will be unlikely to get to camp all together. Thinking Glenroy cottages maybe with a trip out to the swing bridge for a relaxed half day and some swimming etc. I'll see if there are any other recommendations at the club meeting and anymore interest :)

Cheers
Steve

Sounds good to me.

richhenning
01-12-17, 09:59 AM
We might be able to join for a few days- James and I are free from Boxing day.

snoik
01-12-17, 12:10 PM
I live about half hour from Dunns Swamp and it usually gets packed out between Christmas and new year, nice place to go though.

Steve F
01-12-17, 12:37 PM
So far I'm thinking Glenroy cottages, then trips to Swing Bridge (swimming, picnic etc), Waterfall and lookouts, Beefsteak (if it's open) and tracks in that region :)

Cheers
Steve

Prescy
12-12-17, 01:45 PM
Will keep an eye on this one. Interested.

Dru
13-12-17, 05:50 PM
Steve - sorry to bail but after our discussions at the Christmas meet, Kerry and I have booked a couple of days lodgings.

Cheers

Dru'n'Kerry