PDA

View Full Version : Caves to Caves with overnight Camp at Yerranderie Trip - 3rd and 4th March, 2018

Hitesh
16-01-18, 11:46 AM
Hi all

I am planning to run a overnight trip from Jenolan to Wombeyan Caves with an overnight stop at Yerranderie starting on the 3rd of March returning home on the 4th. I have 3 non Jeeps on the trip with me. Happy for people to join us if they are interested.

Message me and I will share meeting time and location.

http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/visit-a-park/parks/yerranderie-regional-park

H2Micr0
18-01-18, 08:37 PM
I just did this trip in the opposite direction.

Yarranderie is a great spot, and family friendly.

I trust you are going via Dingo Dell?

The trails are in good condition and appear to have been receiving regular attention.

I will see if I will be free that weekend.

Can we have other non Jeeps too??

Cheers
Ben

Hitesh
19-01-18, 12:12 AM
Hi Ben ... thanks for the update.... other non jeeps are welcome... I have booked 4 sites for me with the ranger.

Hitesh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stevet
20-01-18, 03:31 AM
Yes please if I have that weekend off.....

Hitesh
20-01-18, 01:48 PM
Yes please if I have that weekend off.....

Awesome let me know.

We are upto 5 4WD now and with you we be at 6. We have a location booked big enough for 10 vehicles.

Hitesh

Dieselcon
23-01-18, 11:36 PM
What’s this trip rated as? D?

Dieselcon
23-01-18, 11:37 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180123/3d55c839a6cf0e85f4c0c1ca1eabf443.jpg
Thinking of taking this

Hitesh
24-01-18, 06:59 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180123/3d55c839a6cf0e85f4c0c1ca1eabf443.jpg
Thinking of taking this

Morning - mate I haven’t done the trip so not sure about rating... it’s classed as an Easy track in the NSW tracks book. I also spoke to the ranger and he did say parts of the road was washed out and had ruts but was doable in a 4WD not a 2WD. We have a lifted Mitsubishi Pajero Sport on the trip and a stock Amarock on the trip.

BTW the trip is not a Jeep club trip ... I had posted to see if anyone else wanted to join me and my friends. Just thought I clarify this.

Hope this helps.

Goneagain
08-02-18, 11:18 AM
Hi Hitesh, put me down please I am still getting clearance, thanks Adrian

Hitesh
08-02-18, 02:10 PM
Hi Hitesh, put me down please I am still getting clearance, thanks Adrian

No problem Adrian - nice meeting you yesterday.

Dru
08-02-18, 05:44 PM
Guys, in terms of gradings - we did this trip led by Steve Scott back in 2014. It on a distance basis largely graded trails (may or may not be recently graded), sensational views. There are a couple of C Grade peices, one creek crossing in particular and a bit of low range from there.

We were going to run it later as a 4wd trailer appropriate trip. I dont think stock jeeps will have an issue, though we did need to snatch a Commander that had a low range fail and was towinng a trailer.

Without guaranteeing, I haven't reccied the trail for 4 years, but it should be good all round.

Dru and Kerry.

Hitesh
08-02-18, 05:47 PM
Guys, in terms of gradings - we did this trip led by Steve Scott back in 2014. It on a distance basis largely graded trails (may or may not be recently graded), sensational views. There are a couple of C Grade peices, one creek crossing in particular and a bit of low range from there.

We were going to run it later as a 4wd trailer appropriate trip. I dont think stock jeeps will have an issue, though we did need to snatch a Commander that had a low range fail and was towinng a trailer.

Without guaranteeing, I haven't reccied the trail for 4 years, but it should be good all round.

Dru and Kerry.

Thanks Dru.

Hitesh

Dieselcon
19-02-18, 03:14 PM
Hi guys I’m out .. we are having a cleanup Australia Day at Yalwal that weekend.. next time.

Hitesh
19-02-18, 09:17 PM
Hi guys I’m out .. we are having a cleanup Australia Day at Yalwal that weekend.. next time.

No problem. Hitesh

stevet
22-02-18, 04:06 AM
Hitesh,
I am still touch and go whether I will be back on the road by this weekend.... So if anyone wants to go, please give them the spot....
Stephen T.

stevet
24-02-18, 01:32 AM
Hi Hitesh,
I am definiately out for the run sorry... Have a good enjoyable and safe run.... Cheers...

Hitesh
24-02-18, 06:24 AM
Hi Hitesh,
I am definiately out for the run sorry... Have a good enjoyable and safe run.... Cheers...

Hi -
Hope the repairs get completed soon.
See you at the meeting.

Hitesh

chips
25-02-18, 08:04 PM
Please put me down for the caves trip
Cheers Danny

Hitesh
25-02-18, 09:06 PM
Please put me down for the caves trip
Cheers Danny

Awesome Danny .. look forward to it. We plan to leave Currans Hill around 630am up the old Northern Road into the mountains. There will now be 4 cars from the South West and we shall meet up with 2 others in the mountains. Unfortunately only 2 jeeps so far.

Goneagain
27-02-18, 01:32 PM
Hi Hitesh, I am ok to go.
Where will I meet you guys I am travelling from Belrose ?
best regards, Adrian

Hitesh
27-02-18, 05:18 PM
Hi Hitesh, I am ok to go.
Where will I meet you guys I am travelling from Belrose ?
best regards, Adrian

Hi Adrian - at the moment we are monitoring the weather and road conditions. Will confirm things on Thursday. There are 4 cars travelling from South West up the Northern Road. The intention is to meet the others including yourself at 715am in the mountains... will confirm exact spot on Thursday. Could you please PM me your number... I seem to have lost it. Thanks Hitesh

atto
27-02-18, 08:00 PM
Good evening Hitesh,
Is there any chance that we might still be able to join you this weekend?
Regards,
Wayne & Julie

Hitesh
01-03-18, 01:46 PM
Yes no problem. That’s 8 cars now ..

Hitesh
05-03-18, 03:17 PM
Thanks to Danny, Adrian, Wayne + Julie for joining us on the trip... thanks very much for helping out... fantastic 2 days on the road covering some 500km with a lot of dust.

Hitesh
05-03-18, 03:29 PM
https://youtu.be/K_MsuA2L5MU