PDA

View Full Version : Grease Monkey 2018: NEW Dates: 26-27-28 October weekend

Teshie
09-05-18, 04:34 PM
( REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED )

Note that due to unavailability of suitable campsites over the October long weekend, Ex-Co have had to consider alternatives for Grease Monkey.

Grease Monkey 2018 has been re-scheduled to a normal weekend and will be on Fri-Sat-Sun 26-27-28 October weekend.

It will be hosted at Morisset Showground - http://morissetshowground.com.au/ - checkout their camping facilities page to see what is on offer at the showground.

Campsite

$20 per campsite per night for 2 adults and $5 per additional person above age of 6 yrs. Singles get a $5 discount per night so pay $15 for their campsite
Showground caretakers will do a headcount and inform you of exact charges as people drive in. Pay by cash or card before entry
They have about 40 unpowered sites if we pack in close and can have other 40 powered sites which cost $5 extra per night which is payable even if power is not used. So get in early to get the cheaper unpowered sites
Attendees can camp 1 night or take the Friday off to camp 2 nights. Pack up will be in morning on Sunday 28th October
Entry from Friday morning 9:00am onwards and out on Sunday morning by lunch
They have showers and toilets available

Camp Rules

NO ENTRY AFTER 8:00PM on any nights
Fires will NEED to be 40cms above grass
Campers will need to take their own garbage away otherwise it will be chargeable to club

Numbers
Event: FULL. We can no longer accept registration.

Trips

Aim is to run as many trips as possible on all 3 days of the event
Easy - D grade, Family Touring
Entry level challenge - C to C+ grade
Medium challenge - B grade
Hard - B+ to A grade
Extreme - A/A+ grade (depends on interest)

At this stage, we would like members to respond to this thead expressing their interest in number of nights they would camp, number of attendees and more importantly various grades of trips they would like to go on.

Cheers
Teshie
(Behalf of Ex-Co)

jk_menace
10-05-18, 07:14 PM
Thanks Teshie, good work!
Im in, got 2 other friends and their vehicles interested as well at this stage .
Dennis

Dru
10-05-18, 08:10 PM
Strangely enough, Dru’n’Kerry are in. :-)

Dru
10-05-18, 08:11 PM
PS if you can’t make the Friday then roll in for the weekend.

SnakeDoctor
10-05-18, 08:21 PM
Sounds good!

We should be in for Friday AM as well, but will confirm closer to the date.

Steve F
11-05-18, 11:20 AM
Yep also in :) and have some interest from a couple of mates without Jeeps. I get the feeling we might fill our 60 sites pretty easily.

Cheers
Steve

richhenning
11-05-18, 02:10 PM
We are in, however may not camp overnight. Possibly join for the days on Saturday and Sunday.

Jeep11
11-05-18, 08:53 PM
Hayley and Steve are in, all weekend. Great work Teshie

Dave
12-05-18, 10:17 AM
I'll be there. Will look at the calendar closely, then throw it out and take the Friday off anyway!

In for both nights please :)

Dave

Hitesh
12-05-18, 04:34 PM
Hi - we would like to attend for the Saturday drive and camp and the Sunday drive ... family of 4... non powered site . There is interest from 3 other non Jeeps to join us if we have spots for them too.
Thanks

Hitesh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RD0401
12-05-18, 09:41 PM
I'm keen for two nights camping and c/c+ trips. Also have a mate or two that would like to tag a long if numbers permit.

stevet
13-05-18, 12:33 AM
??? How did a visitor gain access to a members only page???

Hunno
13-05-18, 01:40 AM
Yep, I’m in. Powered site for me
both nights

isherz
13-05-18, 08:09 AM
John n Di will come up on Saturday for the day not sure if we will stay over till closer to the time.

Teshie
13-05-18, 12:12 PM
??? How did a visitor gain access to a members only page???

Issue revolved. RD0401 is a member. Thanks.

Teshie
13-05-18, 12:33 PM
We will be at the GreaseMonkey - 2 adults, 2 night camping, unpowered site. Thanks.

Dru
13-05-18, 01:21 PM
I'm keen for two nights camping and c/c+ trips. Also have a mate or two that would like to tag a long if numbers permit.

Welcome to SJC! See you on the trails.

Dru’n’Kerry

RD0401
14-05-18, 10:35 AM
Welcome to SJC! See you on the trails.

Dru’n’Kerry

Cheers Dru'n'Kerry, been on a several club trips already. In fact on the first one Kerry got me up the can opener unscathed in a fairly stock JKU [emoji3]

Dru
14-05-18, 04:46 PM
Cheers Dru'n'Kerry, been on a several club trips already. In fact on the first one Kerry got me up the can opener unscathed in a fairly stock JKU [emoji3]

She's good like that! :eagerness:

H2Micr0
14-05-18, 11:46 PM
Certainly interested in attending Grease Monkey.

Should be camping 2 nights unpowered site.

Interested in the D grade, C and C+ and possibly some B trails.

Cheers
Ben

StewartV
15-05-18, 06:20 PM
I’m good for the new dates. I’m most likely to be there Saturday and Sunday only though, possibly arriving Friday night

Dieselcon
19-05-18, 12:55 AM
I will be there for the two nights unpowered . https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180518/f589a76f649044ade97bdc1dd66b8597.jpg

stevet
19-05-18, 01:11 AM
I will attend if I can get that weekend off from work..... At least for two of the three days...

Teshie
26-07-18, 01:01 PM
Grease Monkey 2018 has been re-scheduled to a normal weekend and will be on Fri-Sat-Sun 26-27-28 October weekend.

It will be hosted at Morisset Showground - http://morissetshowground.com.au/ - checkout their camping facilities page to see what is on offer at the showground.

Giving the GREASE MONKEY 2018 event thread a BUMP .... Bump ... bump - This is coming soon !!!

Please continue to respond to this thread with names, number of attendees, number of nights for camping and grades of trips you would like to go on.

Also please extend this invite to friends and families and to other clubs / groups you may go out with.

Let's make this event a huge success for the SJC.

Cheers
Teshie
(Behalf of Ex-Co)

Flatfender
26-07-18, 08:05 PM
I will be there, but not camping

Cheers
Ian W.

Jeep11
27-07-18, 02:28 AM
Steve and Hayley are in

richhenning
27-07-18, 11:14 AM
Rich, Val and James will be there for the Saturday and Sunday. We have booked accommodation so will not require campsites. Cheers.

nitrobrent
03-08-18, 09:18 PM
Put us down.
Should have a Jeep of some sort drivable.
Do you want members of the Cherokee club and NSW jeep club invited?

Brent and Liam

Giving the GREASE MONKEY 2018 event thread a BUMP .... Bump ... bump - This is coming soon !!!

Please continue to respond to this thread with names, number of attendees, number of nights for camping and grades of trips you would like to go on.

Also please extend this invite to friends and families and to other clubs / groups you may go out with.

Let's make this event a huge success for the SJC.

Cheers
Teshie
(Behalf of Ex-Co)

Dieselcon
05-08-18, 01:14 PM
Put us down.

Brent and Liam

Awesome Guys .

Jeep11
05-08-18, 04:42 PM
Put us down.
Brent and Liam
Hi Brent, that would great we were getting an email invite out to other clubs, they were to of the list. But please pass the word around beforehand. We should have something out before the end of the week

nitrobrent
05-08-18, 06:38 PM
Have you made up a flyer with dates etc to share?

Steven.Boyd
05-08-18, 10:17 PM
I would like to attend.
Been away from the club for a while. Would be great to catch up and wheel.
Will be keen on B+ harder trips

RD0401
05-08-18, 10:22 PM
I've got a mate or two expressing an interesting in coming along. When will we need to provide firm numbers by?

Dieselcon
06-08-18, 12:41 PM
Group of funny dunny wheelers
all twinlocked and +34’s B grade and above.
Jose
Boydy
Wiz
Roop
Brent and Liam
DK
Tipsy
Michael
Nigel Fuke
Rod
Sean
Evo 8

Probably missed a few but been a year since we played at the watagans.

Dru
06-08-18, 12:48 PM
all twinlocked and +34�s B grade and above.
Jose
Boydy
Wiz
Roop
Brent and Liam
DK
Tipsy
Michael
Nigel Fuke
Rod
Sean
Evo 8

Now we are talking. :smile-new:

Dru
06-08-18, 12:52 PM
I've got a mate or two expressing an interesting in coming along. When will we need to provide firm numbers by?

Club members have been asked to sign up first, but generally it is a first come basis. I believe we have 60 camping spots available. Will start a separate thread for an attendance list.

Cheers

Dru'n'Kerry

Rocket55
06-08-18, 05:41 PM
all twinlocked and +34’s B grade and above.
Jose
Boydy
Wiz
Roop
Brent and Liam
DK
Tipsy
Michael
Nigel Fuke
Rod
Sean
Evo 8

Last time this group got together this was the view out my windscreen hahaha
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180806/faaad648885d3fa61e1a248588c2e434.jpg

Dieselcon
06-08-18, 10:03 PM
Was a great view too [emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

SeanC
12-08-18, 11:23 AM
Hi Grease Monkey committee,

We have some questions regarding entry and exiting timing before we invite our friends.

1) Teshie: You noted "NO ENTRY AFTER 8:00PM on any nights" but the showground website states that "The grounds close for camping at 10 pm."
Can you please clarify the timing as most people that we are planning to invite will struggle to get there before 8pm?

2) Do we know what we are planning to run trips on Saturday? If the campsite opens at 9am, people who comes in the morning, will need time to setup camp before they go on the trip.

3) If we have to leave camp by lunch on Sunday, does that mean we only run very short trip? What if we get hold up on the track and don't get back in time to pick up camp gear/trailers?

4) Do we book the camping with the showground directly?

Kind regards,
Sean

Teshie
13-08-18, 01:58 PM
We have some questions regarding entry and exiting timing before we invite our friends.

Hi Sean - All good questions, please keep them coming.

See below responses :

1) Latest showground will let anyone in is 9PM on Friday night, they may allow 1 or 2 cars a bit later but that is by prior arrangement only so please let me know exact numbers and time of arrival if anyone is planning to come after 9PM.

2) Earliest showground will let anyone in is 7AM on Saturday morning so if trips go out at 9AM then it should be OK.

3) Showground will let us leave items behind on Sunday till a reasonable hour, let's say, till 2-3PM and then let us come back to pack up. But if anyone is running very late then i think it will be fair for them to charge a camping fee for 1 day.

4) Nope. Direct booking or prior registrations are NOT needed. Entry to the showground is through just the 1 gate which is next to caretaker's office. Everyone will need to stop at the office first and pay for their site on arrival directly to caretakers.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Teshie

Roshan
13-08-18, 08:01 PM
Hello Jeepers

this is my first post here. I am a bigginer for wheeling as I just got my first Jeep ( jku 18 ) recently.

i am interesting to join Greece monkey if you guys have a slot for me.

thanks

darksidecustoms
14-08-18, 09:29 AM
Hey guys where are the numbers up to for the event? please put me down for an unpowered site, don’t know if I’ll have the kids with me yet or not.
Ben & Amy (Canberra) are also interested, I’ll let them post their own confirmation.

Dru
14-08-18, 12:48 PM
Please note that the attendance list is here: http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/showthread.php?5555-Grease-Monkey-attendance

darksidecustoms - you have been added, Ben And Amy are TBC as visitors - not sure if they are still members?
Roshan you are welcome and are on the visitor list.

After some bemusement at Jose and his "funny dunnies" I have added these guys under the title "Good Times Gang" - which will stick until told otherwise. :highly_amused: And I have included the TBCs in this list. Also noted where these guys are club members - where I know it.

The List now has 23 club members; 13 visitors, total of 36; 1 club member not camping. Pending confirmations, this leaves 25 slots left until we will require a reserve list.

If you want to get on the list, best speak up sooner than later.

Dru'n'Kerry

Jeepmuggle
14-08-18, 11:45 PM
Hi Teshie,
Would love to come with two kids and 2004 WJ, arriving Friday arvo and leaving Sunday. Darrell.

Dru
15-08-18, 02:59 PM
Quick note - we are roughly 2/3 full for Grease Monkey!

Dru’n’Kerry

nitrobrent
15-08-18, 07:28 PM
Bad Boys thru and thru , that mob that Jose hangs with

jamest
17-08-18, 11:29 PM
Sounds like a fun weekend - we'd like to come. 2 adults and 2 kids for Friday and Saturday nights. We are interested in D/C trips.

Cheers, James
_

Dru
18-08-18, 10:30 AM
Sounds like a fun weekend - we'd like to come. 2 adults and 2 kids for Friday and Saturday nights. We are interested in D/C trips.

Cheers, James
_

The list has been updated James.

Will98
18-08-18, 11:56 AM
Sounds good, it’s been too long since the jeeps seen dirt. I’m in!

Goneagain
20-08-18, 06:07 PM
Hi All, Count me in. Regards Adrian.

Dru
20-08-18, 09:07 PM
Hi All, Count me in. Regards Adrian.

Thanks Adrian! I was trying to remember your moniker, and thanks more than I can say for your support.

Cheers, bloke.

Dru

tedstar
24-08-18, 03:46 PM
DSCN1309love to join in the club trip and I am new to this club. just one question guys, where is the place.

tedstar
24-08-18, 04:32 PM
hi dru, just join the club and i need your assistance on having my jeep pic on my profile, how do i do that

Dru
24-08-18, 07:14 PM
hi dru, just join the club and i need your assistance on having my jeep pic on my profile, how do i do that

Hi Ted and welcome!

Mate I'm not really a forum IT guru, however I would try:

"Settings" in the top right corner next to "Log out".

Then the left hand side bar under settings has "My Settings"

Thius has "Edit Avatar"

Don't forget to edit your profile while you are at it.

Dru

StickierDuck
26-09-18, 11:06 PM
Hey Dru, is there still space at Grease Monkey for 2 more adults?

Dru
28-09-18, 02:09 PM
Hey Dru, is there still space at Grease Monkey for 2 more adults?

sure is.

Will add it to the list.

davidjohnporter1
30-09-18, 11:08 PM
Hello. Am new to the forum and need to join the club proper, but would like to come to Grease Monkey meet, please ?
2 adults for camping with trailer, don't need power.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

davidjohnporter1
30-09-18, 11:32 PM
And following up on the questions posed in the OP - C/C+ grade level.
Hoping to learn more from you guys and explore.
2015 WK2 with bits added, and I know a bit about what the buttons do, just only really used the Sand one on Fraser.
Hello. Am new to the forum and need to join the club proper, but would like to come to Grease Monkey meet, please ?
2 adults for camping with trailer, don't need power.

Dru
01-10-18, 11:46 AM
Hi DJP1. Mate we’ll add you to the list straight up. The easiest way to membership is the home page - but it is being updated at the moment. Will update you when it’s back on line. :smile-new:

Dru

davidjohnporter1
01-10-18, 05:05 PM
Hi DJP1. Mate we’ll add you to the list straight up. The easiest way to membership is the home page - but it is being updated at the moment. Will update you when it’s back on line. :smile-new:

DruGreat, thanks.

Dru
08-10-18, 11:23 AM
DSCN1309love to join in the club trip and I am new to this club. just one question guys, where is the place.

Sorry that I missed this Ted.

"Watagans" is actually a mountain but the term is used generically to cover the 4WD trails in that area. Includes Olney State Forest, Jilliby State Conservations Area, Watagans National Park. It is an area on the Great Dividing Range, north of Sydney on the west side of the Pacific Highway from roughly opposite Wyong to just below the Hunter. We've included Ourimbah and Awaba for good measure.

An easier way of thinking about it is that we are camping in the Morisset show grounds and will wheeling out from there each day. Morisset is a town that is more or less a suburb of Lake MacQuarie. It's about 90min north of Sydney.

Hope that helps.

H2Micr0
17-10-18, 12:35 PM
Hi Team!

The front page is great and very informative.

Can you advise if there will be any trips run on the Friday? Trying to work out what time to head up.

Also, the list of trips is good, but, it would be rather useful to know what days they are being run on etc.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
Ben

Dru
21-10-18, 01:33 PM
Hi Team!

The front page is great and very informative.

Can you advise if there will be any trips run on the Friday? Trying to work out what time to head up.

Also, the list of trips is good, but, it would be rather useful to know what days they are being run on etc.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
Ben

Mostly Friday is used to set up camp. I was going to run something if there was demand but with the weather I'll need to be out reci-ing the trails. By all means join us on the recie.

StickierDuck
21-10-18, 02:43 PM
Excellent, see you next weekend, camping Fri and Sat

darksidecustoms
21-10-18, 07:58 PM
Hey guys where are the numbers up to for the event? please put me down for an unpowered site, don’t know if I’ll have the kids with me yet or not.
Ben & Amy (Canberra) are also interested, I’ll let them post their own confirmation.

Hey guys, the XJ definitely won’t be ready for Grease Monkey sadly, still waiting on parts and blue slip so I’m a few weeks behind and bowing out of my request for a site. I’ll be attending though to share a site with Ben & Amy and possibly heading up with the work car, guessing I can leave it off site?

Dru
21-10-18, 11:50 PM
Hey guys, the XJ definitely won�t be ready for Grease Monkey sadly, still waiting on parts and blue slip so I�m a few weeks behind and bowing out of my request for a site. I�ll be attending though to share a site with Ben & Amy and possibly heading up with the work car, guessing I can leave it off site?

Ha ha ha!

Maaate. It's Grease Monkey. We are non Jeep specific here! Maybe, maybe you might need to have a kind of anticipated appreciation of jeeps, but this meet is completely Jeep agnostic. Any model is cool.

Bring your Skoda or Corolla right into the camp site. [Can't promise no ribbing about your XJ not coming though!]

:highly_amused: :highly_amused: :highly_amused:

SeanC
22-10-18, 07:32 AM
Registration is now closed.

Thank you all for your interest in the event.

For those who have registered, keep an eye out for updated event details.

For those who missed out this time, don't worry as we plan to run similar event in the future.