PDA

View Full Version : 392 Crate Engine / Mopar Crate Kits

Tobi_S
28-05-18, 11:35 PM
Hello Everyone!

After years of considering and hesitating I have now finally made the decision and purchased my first Wrangler this weekend. Its a 2014 Rubicon. Over the years I have seen quite a few Hemi conversions over in the US. I am hoping to find someone who has experience with dropping hemis into the Wrangler. The kits from Mopar have been recommended by US friends.

I searched the forum and web but have not been able to find anyone in Sydney who seems to be offering these conversions? In fact I have only found JeepKonection in Melbourne who seem to have done a few conversions (although they seem to prefer the 5.7l to work with).

Would you please help and point me in the right direction?

Thank you!
Tobi

Dru
30-05-18, 09:11 AM
Tobi

you’ll find It quite expensive compared to the US hence not a lot of experience here. Try the obvious jeep guys though. ATV offer the AEV catalogue which I think includes the Hemi. I’d imagine that Sam would do it too.

exciting project though I’m guessing most conversions have been done by do-it-yourself here in Aus.

Tobi_S
31-05-18, 05:26 PM
Hello Dru,

Thanks for the feedback. I had a feeling that the V8 conversions in Oz are not as common as they are over in the US. You can find custom guys at every corner there. Unfortunately its been >20 years since I have last been working on car mods so I dont think I have the skills to do such a major job myself (nor the time really).

ATV sounds like a good start. Who is Sam?

Do you guys know anyone else - maybe interstate?

Thanks a lot
Tobias

Dru
31-05-18, 07:13 PM
Hello Dru,

Thanks for the feedback. I had a feeling that the V8 conversions in Oz are not as common as they are over in the US. You can find custom guys at every corner there. Unfortunately its been >20 years since I have last been working on car mods so I dont think I have the skills to do such a major job myself (nor the time really).

ATV sounds like a good start. Who is Sam?

Do you guys know anyone else - maybe interstate?

Thanks a lot
Tobias

Sam is Hills 4WD. He is a club member and used by a lot of people here.

You also have Eddie, and the incomparable Wooders. All long term SJC members and garages who know Jeeps.

SnakeDoctor
31-05-18, 08:43 PM
There is a couple of V8 JK Wranglers getting around Sydney, they sound awesome.