PDA

View Full Version : Watagans Reccie #2

Dru
04-08-18, 08:41 PM
Kerry and I have an eye on a couple of tracks we keep saying "why haven't we driven that yet" each time we visit. And an area north of Martinsville that might be appropriate for C Grade.

Join us as we reccie for Grease Monkey. Get involved where you can, though most reccies will have group small numbers due to the logistics involved when we are trying to works things out.

General: Whoever says "I'm coming" just let us know what you are interested in getting familiar with. Otherwise we have a couple of tracks we want to check (first time) and an area above Martinsville that we think might suit C Grade.

Where: Watagans

When: Saturday 11th August 2018 day trip - to leave meet point at 9:00am

Meet: M1 Motorway services traveling North, just past Wyong. On Google it's called F3 Wyong North bound (Twin Servos). There is a Macca's and a healthy fast food as well.

Grade: Well it's a reccie so formally this is X grade - unknown; but the target is C Grade [Note that the last reccie C+ grade ended up well into B grade territory.]

Requirements: Flexible this time. But you need recovery gear, recovery points front and back, off road tyres (ATs fine),

This run is limited to: 5 max

Attending:

1. dru - Dru'n'Kerry, JK
2. StewartV - Stewart, JKU
3. jaden124 -
4. richhenning - Richard Henning
5. Stuart Tye - Stuart

OlegIv
05-08-18, 12:15 AM
Dru, are you planning to run more reccies like this from now on for Greasemonkey? I'd love to join another one like this, but already have other commitments for next weekend - which means I'll to have to miss this one

Dru
05-08-18, 02:43 PM
Oleg, we will be doing just plenty!

What day would suit you?

OlegIv
05-08-18, 02:56 PM
Dru, I'm joining Steve for Ourimbah trip on the 19th, so let's say 1st-2nd of September as the next good one if it works for you? Or any other September weekend after that

Dru
05-08-18, 08:20 PM
Oleg, let's hold 5. I'm still thinking about the DTU training on the weekend of 1-2 Sept.

8 September is a reccie booking with Pat and Hitesh. Yes you'd be welcome there.

StewartV
06-08-18, 08:28 AM
Hi Dru and Kerry. I’d love to join you on this. See you Saturday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaden124
06-08-18, 09:50 PM
Hey Dru & Kerry,

I’d love to tag along if possible!

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

richhenning
07-08-18, 10:24 AM
Hi Dru,
Please add me to the list, keen to see more c grade options. Family might come along too for an outing.

Dru
07-08-18, 11:18 AM
Rich and Jaden added.

Stuart Tye
08-08-18, 08:23 PM
Hi Dru,
Hoping you can spare some room for me on this one.
Stu

Dru
08-08-18, 09:16 PM
Hi Dru,
Hoping you can spare some room for me on this one.
Stu

Completely. Anything you particularly wish to pick up?

Stuart Tye
08-08-18, 10:35 PM
Completely. Anything you particularly wish to pick up?

Only a great time [emoji1303][emoji23]

#JKlife
09-08-18, 08:52 PM
Hello Dru,

I know this is limited to 5 but was wondering if you could find space for one more?

I just bought my JKU last week and keen to hit the dirt.

I live up the coast so the meet is nice and close....

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Dru
10-08-18, 12:47 PM
Hey mate, this one might not be perfect as we hit very overgrown stretches which unavoidable "bush stripes" (panel scratches), along with some gnarly obstacles. You are absolutely welcome, but would you mind swapping over to reccie #3 on Sat 25-8? I'd appreciate it. :encouragement:

Dru'n'Kerry

#JKlife
10-08-18, 02:31 PM
Hi Dru,

Thank you for the reply.

No worries at all I know it was late notice.

I would love to tag on to the next one!

I should have provided a bit more background about myself..

I have had 4wd's for a number of years; after saying I would never sell my GQ patrol I really wanted to try out a Jeep.

I just bought a JKU with a fair bit of work done and keen to see how it performs.

I look forward to catching up with fellow Jeep owners to learn more about the vehicle and build new friendships.

Stuart Tye
11-08-18, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the day guys, always great fun[emoji1303]

richhenning
12-08-18, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the day everyone.
Heres a few pics and vids

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/tf32w3w70dintcq/AACtDrvYl55UbAvQ2410RyH4a

StewartV
12-08-18, 02:50 PM
Thanks for everything guys. A shame we couldn’t get back into Jilliby from the other side. Great day all the same though.

Dru
12-08-18, 07:01 PM
Hi Dru,

Thank you for the reply.

No worries at all I know it was late notice.

I would love to tag on to the next one!

I should have provided a bit more background about myself..

I have had 4wd's for a number of years; after saying I would never sell my GQ patrol I really wanted to try out a Jeep.

I just bought a JKU with a fair bit of work done and keen to see how it performs.

I look forward to catching up with fellow Jeep owners to learn more about the vehicle and build new friendships.

Cheers mate - will be catching up on the Ourimbah run as it turns out. Seewyou there!