PDA

View Full Version : Watagans Reccie #4

Dru
03-09-18, 09:02 AM
List is full.

Pulling something together with Hitesh & Pat and Adrian in this reccie. (Thanks guys!)

We have in mind pinning together a C Grade trip and will be picking up pieces from Jiliby/Olney in the South and a different route around Plank Hill (cut rock area). If we have time we will also explore (first time so proper reccie) an area further north around "Head Quarters" camping ground.

We are also hoping that these various routes avoid the worst of the scratchy branches. Can't guarantee it in the reccie, but that is the intention in the trip that results.

Where: Watagans

When: Saturday 8th September 2018 day trip - to leave meet point at 9:00am

Meet: M1 Motorway services traveling North, just past Wyong. On Google it's called F3 Wyong North bound (Twin Servos). There is a Macca's and a healthy fast food as well.

Grade: Well it's a reccie so formally this is X grade - unknown; targeting C grade but expect pinch points

Requirements: Recovery gear, recovery points front and back, off road tyres (ATs fine)

This run is limited to: 5 max

Attending:

1. dru - Dru'n'Kerry, JK
2. Hitesh: The Pat and Hitesh clan
3. Adrian
4. Oleg
5. Panda

Hitesh
03-09-18, 09:44 AM
Hi Dru - all good to go from our side... even ended up installing the MagArmour plates ready for the scratchy bits. Will be there with the clan. [emoji3] Hitesh and Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dru
03-09-18, 10:15 AM
Hi Dru - all good to go from our side... even ended up installing the MagArmour plates ready for the scratchy bits. Will be there with the clan. [emoji3] Hitesh and Pat

Adrian is on board too. Should be a good day.

StewartV
03-09-18, 10:16 AM
Hi Dru. I’ll be good for this. Please sign me up

OlegIv
03-09-18, 11:25 AM
Dru, count me in as well

Dru
03-09-18, 11:34 AM
Wow - closed quickly. Steve and Oleg - list updated. I've got a reserve spot also for Panda as we had been talking earlier, so may be 6.

Dru'n'Kerry

Goneagain
04-09-18, 08:50 AM
Yes just minor things to do and looking forward to it.
regards Adrian

Dru
04-09-18, 11:07 AM
Yes just minor things to do and looking forward to it.
regards Adrian

:smile-new: :smile-new: :smile-new:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we7UfubNeqM

StewartV
04-09-18, 08:27 PM
Hi Dru, I have to pull out - it didn’t take long to be reminded that I have been away far to many weekends (skiing) lately! Unfortunately (home) duty calls

H2Micr0
04-09-18, 09:58 PM
Damn, travelling back to Sydney from the Sunshine Coast this Saturday.

Have fun!!!!!

Cheers
Ben

Panda
04-09-18, 11:59 PM
Yes! Im in!!

Dru
05-09-18, 06:42 AM
Next time Stewart.
Thanks Ben.
You are welcome Panda.

:smile-new:

Dru'n'Kerry

Dru
06-09-18, 09:44 AM
Hi guys. Kerry has plotted a track on HEMA that will guide this reccie. If you would like a copy before we hit the trail head PM your mobile (send by text) or email.

note it is a reccie and while we have a general track plot we may deviate depending on what we see.

Cheers

Dru’nKerry

Dru
08-09-18, 07:03 PM
Another superb day preparing for Grease Monkey. We had a couple of dead ends on roads not travelled before, and a couple that worked well. It also builds on the earlier reccies pining together a whole series of pieces from earlier work.

A big thumbs up to the team today - comfort zones were tested and everyone seemed to step into the challenges. Oleg and David, I hope we left you with smiles today!

Hitesh and Pat, with Adrian, are going to build a great trip out of this. Even the weather seemed to be benevolent holding off most of the rain until after airing up.

:encouragement: :encouragement: :encouragement:

Will drop some pics on facebook.

Dru'n'Kerry

Dru
08-09-18, 08:13 PM
double post

Hitesh
08-09-18, 08:46 PM
Thanks Dru and Kerry for putting together the trip today. Totally awesome as always.

The day was exciting with lots of mud and a good level of challenges.

We look forward to putting this on for Grease Monkey together with Adrian.

We will be putting up follow up reccies to get used to the track starting with next Sunday... if anyone is interested PM me for details.

Pat and Hitesh

Dru
08-09-18, 11:24 PM
Thanks Dru and Kerry for putting together the trip today. Totally awesome as always.

The day was exciting with lots of mud and a good level of challenges.

We look forward to putting this on for Grease Monkey together with Adrian.

We will be putting up follow up reccies to get used to the track starting with next Sunday... if anyone is interested PM me for details.

Pat and Hitesh

Nah, just put up a trip.

CRack on team!