PDA

View Full Version : Bendethra

wiz
08-05-06, 11:49 AM
have been wanting to do a w/end Bendethra trip for a while now :wink:

just trying to gauge if there would be any interest for this trip?

probably be a 3 to 4 day trip (ie self imposed long weekend)

When ? ... that would need to be decided upon at later date to suit as many people as possible :wink: ... any ideas ?

Let me know what y'all think :mrgreen:

BenC
08-05-06, 12:08 PM
Sounds interesting. Is it camping? What sort of facilities are available?

What sort of driving would be planned?

wiz
08-05-06, 12:37 PM
camping @ some very nice camp grounds , or so i'm led to believe

my understanding is that its possible to drive all dirt from Nowra to Moruya over the mount tops , very scenic ....
Tjs may need to bring a jerry can :lol: , but there are always towns relatively close by.

i think Antz has been in the area , as too has Cal ....
Frankie is headed up towards the Cape atm and he was my main source of info and the one nagging me to do this trip :D

BenC
08-05-06, 12:53 PM
Might have to steal the WJ for a weekend.

ann
08-05-06, 12:54 PM
Have you any dates in mind?

Over the June long weekend?

jenko
09-05-06, 12:01 PM
if kj is on the road an on lone weekend im in

wiz
09-05-06, 12:32 PM
actually ,
i have a feeling that the property may now be free over the June long w/end :wink:
be better off to get some use out of that :D

still want to do a Bendethra trip , maybe sept/oct ... gives people plenty of notice that way :mrgreen:

may even invite Cherokee or CanberraOffRoaders clubs along ,
see how we go with numbers though :roll:

Steve F
09-05-06, 12:33 PM
Frankie is headed up towards the Cape atm and he was my main source of info and the one nagging me to do this trip :D

He'll be back soon, the roads are expected to be closed until the end of June as it's all flooded up there :( Although they did need the rain.

Cheers
Steve

wiz
09-05-06, 01:01 PM
yeah he was keeping in touch with the rangers up there ... apparently well over 1m of rain since Xmas , 5 crossings still out as at about 3 weeks ago , wet season just hung around a lot longer than usual as May is usually a good time to go according to the rangers

they had a planB trip penned also , cutting across from Cairns and heading towards the Rock and corner country ... or something along those lines :roll:

BenC
09-05-06, 01:27 PM
Yep Wiz, the club property is available on the June long weekend. The Suzuki club have pulled out for some reason.

I'm still interested in going regardless if it's to Bendethra or our property.

Antz
09-05-06, 03:19 PM
Yes, I know the area around Bendethra fairly well. There is some good scenic driving available (only really C grade, I did know one good B+ track but it has been closed) and some of the best camping areas I have ever been to (no facilities though).

I'm keen for either club property or Bendethra trip but June long weekend is out for me.