PDA

View Full Version : Classic Not Plastic Time again

AussieCJ7
08-05-06, 08:45 PM
Back by popular demand is classic not plastic 06

The format will be very similar as last year that is a self catered low key weekend of old Jeeps getting together for some driving and fire side refreshments and loads of fireside stories

Location this year, well last year it was suggested to return to the old Jambo site at Gloucester Tops but as SJC now has a part lease on the adjoing property at this site that will be the most likely choice.

Ben what restrictions are there on non club members attending club trips to this property ?

The date is to be confirmed but 2 suggestions are 12/13 August and 11/12 Nov

The restrictions are basically a minmum of 6 weeks recovery time betwen CNP and Jambo as a number of people will be attending both

We need to lock a date within the next 2 weeks ( advertising deadlines) so vote now if your interested in attending.

Dorzun
08-05-06, 09:04 PM
I think other clubs are charging $10.00 per visitor, not sure if it's rig or persons though.

I had asked when I did the last trip as tony came along but no one seemed to have an answer or maybe it has not been considered yet?

Won't be able to do either, august is the same date I was going to arrange a berridae trip and I think the other date is the annual conference for one of the associations we publish a mag for, which I have to attend :cry: not that I'll have an old jeep by then :wink: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wooders
08-05-06, 10:42 PM
August means pulling a finger out - but Novemebr will be definately out (don't think the wife & 3week old will be keen ;))

Dorzun
08-05-06, 10:50 PM
August means pulling a finger out - but Novemebr will be definately out (don't think the wife & 3week old will be keen ;))

Wooders, you know as well as any of us it's all about starting them young.

ACJ
09-05-06, 12:21 PM
I like the november weekend better as it give me A bit more time to sort my jeep issues out

Is it like last year younger jeeps need to be invited by an older jeep :?:

Cpage66
09-05-06, 02:27 PM
If I've got it up and running by either date, can I bring the Cornbinder out???

JP_Mark
09-05-06, 03:44 PM
What's a Cornbinder and I hope it either belongs in the garage or the kitchen?? :wink:
I voted for August (if I get an invite :P ) as it would be a good primer for Jambo where as after Jamboree I usually get a bit jeeped out for a while. Good opportunity to plan for Jambo and maybe get some good piccies for any club promo stuff?? Downside is that it could be wet and cold - time to book the cabins!

AussieCJ7
09-05-06, 03:45 PM
If I've got it up and running by either date, can I bring the Cornbinder out???

since the cornbinder would be pretty much a lost sheep in Australia and it ran lost of jeep stuff so would be cool to see you join us

Consider yourself having a "supporters" invite Chris :lol:

Wooders
16-05-06, 08:42 PM
So Dave is August set in concrete yet :?: :wink:

Need to know if I have to pull a provebial finger out on the projects ;)