PDA

View Full Version : Installing a UHF radio into a TJ

danmc
30-05-06, 12:26 AM
I have recently purchased a gme TX3400 with remote head to install into my TJ and just curious if anyone has ideas on best location inside the cabin to install it.

I am also looking to install a long range antenna gme AE4703 at the rear above the LHS Brake/Warning light. But haven't been able to find a suitable bracket. I have seen this done on a few TJ's but cant seem to locate the bracket.

Any help / comments appreciated or if you could recommend someone to do the installation.

mike123
19-02-08, 01:47 PM
I have a 3800 in mine with remote head. the unit is installed behind the dash on the right side of the steering column and the head is by the center consule. the only complaint is the bottom of the dash rattles with the mike put on it.

richie
12-05-08, 07:31 PM
you don't have much of a choice i put a tx3420 and only had to mount the face and the unit behind the dash

[DJ]
15-05-08, 02:59 PM
I've just purchased a remote head UHF for a good friend of mine, I've yet to give it to him, however is there any way to rig it so that every now and then it lets out a puff of smoke, and make itsmell of off prawn heads? ???

;D