PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Trip Planning

Dru
07-01-19, 11:35 AM
It would be great to have a basic trip schedule in place to get the year started. To kick it off, I am particularly interested in possible long weekend and D/C trips. The C+ and B trips tend to schedule themselves during the year - though if you have a weekend in mind for a "challenge" trip then add it in. Here are some suggestions:

Camp at Newnes weekend, suitable for trailers, day trips from Newnes
Day trip to Glow Worm tunnel and Lost Cities
Caves to Caves, D/C travelling weekend, trailers OK
Swing Bridge - day trip
Weekend with camp at Turon River, out/back via Sunny corner Mt Horrible one way, Black Butt the other, or maybe Baal Bone
Camp at Mt Airlie, not for the challenge trail (which may be closed) but to visit the Shale mine ruins and possible return via Sunny Corner, or Baal Bone or Mt Horrible out and Shale mines on Sunday.
Day trip to Stockton. This could be turned into a camp weekend in the Watagans with the second day being one of the trips we pulled together for Grease Monkey 18

While we can double trips on the same weekend, if we start by spreading the schedule, note the following long weekends:

Bit soon but Australia Day Monday 28-1-19
Easter - probably taken up by Jambo (two of them)
ANZAC Day is Thursday 25-4-19, add in Friday and this could perhaps be a good slot for a longer trip. Possibly Deua/Bendethra?
Queens Birthday Monday 10-6-19
Labour Day Monday 7-10-19

Have a think and post your thoughts here. Long weekends to be offered on a first come first served basis. :smile-new:

If you haven't led a trip before, that's fine - plenty of Club Members available to give a hand.

Dave
07-01-19, 03:23 PM
Hi Dru,

Another year and everything back to normal. Most weekends are tricky outside of school holidays – which is when I try to run my trips.

I do intend to go to Jambo, but I’ll just be day and a half up, Jambo weekend, then day and a half back. Jambo starts Thursday 18th April, so I will look at leaving Sydney early Wednesday 17th and get there around lunch time Thursday. Everything finishes Tuesday morning 23rd April so I’ll plan to pack up then and be back in Sydney Wednesday evening 24th. 8 days all up.

I am planning a touring trip for October school holidays and have the itinerary pretty much ready. Was planning to get it out after Jambo at the May meeting. But in short:

The Darling River Run
Monday 30 September to Wednesday 9 October 2019, 10 days Sydney to Sydney
Via Wagga Wagga, Balranald, Lake Mungo National Park, Pooncarie, Menindee Lakes - Kinchenga National Park, Wilcannia, Tilpa, Gundabooka National Park, Bourke - Driving alongside the Darling River.
This is an outback – Western NSW tour. Easy driving on bitumen and good D grade dirt roads with possible C grade options. Open to 4WD and AWD Jeeps, modified or stock, camper trailers welcome.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Dave

Dru
07-01-19, 03:27 PM
Excellent Dave :encouragement:

I have plugged it into the calendar.

Dru

Dieselcon
07-01-19, 10:17 PM
Hi Dru,

Another year and everything back to normal. Most weekends are tricky outside of school holidays – which is when I try to run my trips.

I do intend to go to Jambo, but I’ll just be day and a half up, Jambo weekend, then day and a half back. Jambo starts Thursday 18th April, so I will look at leaving Sydney early Wednesday 17th and get there around lunch time Thursday. Everything finishes Tuesday morning 23rd April so I’ll plan to pack up then and be back in Sydney Wednesday evening 24th. 8 days all up.

I am planning a touring trip for October school holidays and have the itinerary pretty much ready. Was planning to get it out after Jambo at the May meeting. But in short:

The Darling River Run
Via Wagga Wagga, Balranald, Lake Mungo National Park, Pooncarie, Menindee Lakes - Kinchenga National Park, Wilcannia, Tilpa, Gundabooka National Park, Bourke - Driving alongside the Darling River.
This is an outback – Western NSW tour. Easy driving on bitumen and good D grade dirt roads with possible C grade options. Open to 4WD and AWD Jeeps, modified or stock, camper trailers welcome.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Dave

I’m definitely going to join one of your epic trips one day ... your planning and schedules are awesome.. hopefully this will be the trip I can make .. [emoji110]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dieselcon
07-01-19, 10:23 PM
You can put me down for a trip ,,,,, weekend trip to Yalwal , camping at Coolendel..
how about we go Glamping 🤷*♂️

Dru
07-01-19, 10:40 PM
You can put me down for a trip ,,,,, weekend trip to Yalwal , camping at Coolendel..
how about we go Glamping 路*♂️

I was hoping you would speak up. :smile-new: Choose a weekend, actually maybe a long weekend?

isherz
08-01-19, 08:39 AM
We’re always keen for coolendel.....

Hitesh
08-01-19, 04:06 PM
Hi Dru - happy to run a few trips - all of these are C and D trips for stock cars

1/ Epic 5 waterfalls - Gunrock, Fitzroy, Belmore, Carrington, Nellies Glen - day trip

2/ Newnes (Industrial Ruins), Blackfellows Hand Trail (aboriginal hand painting) , Lost City - day trip

3/ Swing Bridge and Gibraltar Rock lookout - day trip

4/ Yalwal Circuit including Tianjara and Granite Falls - day trip (****excludes any serious side trips ie Monkey Gum)

5/ Watagans - happy to run the trip we ran for Grease monkey - day trip

Dieselcon
08-01-19, 09:27 PM
I was hoping you would speak up. :smile-new: Choose a weekend, actually maybe a long weekend?

Queens Birthday 10th June for Yalwal..
1) powerlines and Mintbush with wombat flats rock garden.. C Grade
2) Tree root and Dusties B+ Grade
3) middle earth & Monkey Gum B/C+ Grade

Sliders and recover points are a must for any Yalwal trips .

I’ll have my best mate with us so we can separate into 2 groups

Dru
08-01-19, 11:15 PM
Queens Birthday 10th June for Yalwal..
1) powerlines and Mintbush with wombat flats rock garden.. C Grade
2) Tree root and Dusties B+ Grade
3) middle earth & Monkey Gum B/C+ Grade

Sliders and recover points are a must for any Yalwal trips .

I�ll have my best mate with us so we can separate into 2 groups

Mate, that's competition weekend up at Colo.

How would the SJC go in Yalwal when Jose is somewhere else? LOL

Dru
09-01-19, 03:45 PM
Two other thoughts for trips to interested parties. The Association has access into two gated National Parks camping areas.

The G​len
As best I can work out this is The Glen Nature Reserve in the Gloucester area. Charge is $50/club using it. Need to report back to Parks. Trailer and camper friendly access

Dingo Dell
In Kanangra-Boyd NP access from the Oberon area using Kowmung Fire Trail. $12/vehicle

Both are said to be great camping spots.

Jeepmuggle
09-01-19, 04:40 PM
Definitely interested in some of these possibilities. Not yet ready to lead a trip after having only been on Grease Monkey the once, but keen to join others. Most of the dates look OK at the moment - I'll keep an eye on the forum for updates.

Mariner
09-01-19, 06:01 PM
Sounds good ðŸ‘ðŸ»

isherz
09-01-19, 07:03 PM
John and I are happy to lead one of the 2 or both new gated areas....after further enquire/investigation !

Dru
09-01-19, 07:40 PM
John and I are happy to lead one of the 2 or both new gated areas....after further enquire/investigation !

that’s great Di. Details are on the 4Wdnow site, pass on any queries and I will chase.

aza mof
10-01-19, 06:27 PM
Happy to go up to Barrington tops
Camp at the water gauge in winter
Most trails are c up there but very nice driveing and plenty of beautiful things to see

MY14JK
10-01-19, 10:16 PM
Hi Dru,
The Darling River Run

What do you think?

Thanks,
Dave

I think I like it :eagerness:

Dave
11-01-19, 10:07 AM
I think I like it :eagerness:

Cool! Hope there will have been some good winter rain and the terrible conditions out there now will have improved.
Already had a couple of people say they’re interested, but with this one we can probably take as many as want to, and camper trailers. Already looking forward to it!
Dave

Goneagain
11-01-19, 05:46 PM
Hi Dave,

Put me down for The Darling River Run please.

As we discussed before I am planning to go to Mungo lake earlier perhaps in March or April so any advise you can offer would be welcome.

Regards, Adrian B.

floody
14-01-19, 01:40 PM
The Glen is actually in Abecombie National Park

Dru
14-01-19, 04:40 PM
The Glen is actually in Abecombie National Park

thanks Brian. :encouragement:

Jeepoz
17-01-19, 05:50 PM
thanks for the info :encouragement: