PDA

View Full Version : Jambo - Who's going?

Steve F
21-03-19, 01:06 PM
As it says, who's going and when you heading up, we are (Me, Bec and Em) any other kids going?

Cheers
Steve

Dave
21-03-19, 02:00 PM
Ed and I are heading up on Wednesday 17th, arriving Thursday 18th early arvo - you know the route!

99% sure Hunno is heading up on the Wednesday as well, don't know if he is bringing any kids...

Dave

Jeep11
21-03-19, 05:44 PM
Hayley and I will be attending, we are travelling before hand and will be there for the opening day

Greg D
21-03-19, 09:37 PM
I'm going. Leaving Forster early on Thursday 18th, and returning via Forster on Tuesday 23rd. Google thinks its an 8 hour trip from Forster, but that doesn't allow for Easter Thursday traffic around Brisbane (even with an early start), so I could be a bit late arriving. Save me a spot!
Greg

Dave
22-03-19, 09:31 AM
I'm going. Leaving Forster early on Thursday 18th, and returning via Forster on Tuesday 23rd. Google thinks its an 8 hour trip from Forster, but that doesn't allow for Easter Thursday traffic around Brisbane (even with an early start), so I could be a bit late arriving. Save me a spot!
Greg

That made me think, should we take a club banner or similar? Perhaps those flag thingies? Can't imagine we would want to take a marquee - too much to transport. Do we want to try and organise a SJC area when we get there?

Dave

Steve F
22-03-19, 10:36 AM
That made me think, should we take a club banner or similar? Perhaps those flag thingies? Can't imagine we would want to take a marquee - too much to transport. Do we want to try and organise a SJC area when we get there?

Dave

Yes to club area and yes to flag thingies :) I will be there on Thursday shortly after midday (probably) as looking at camping somewhere near or in Tweed Heads on Wednesday night. Happy to meet up with anyone else on the Wednesday evening for camping or Thursday on the way in so we can get a communal spot.

Cheers
Steve

Dave
22-03-19, 12:55 PM
Yes to club area and yes to flag thingies :) I will be there on Thursday shortly after midday (probably) as looking at camping somewhere near or in Tweed Heads on Wednesday night. Happy to meet up with anyone else on the Wednesday evening for camping or Thursday on the way in so we can get a communal spot.

Cheers
Steve

Okay, Google reckons they are called teardrop or bow banners. Ed & I will be in Glen Innes on Wednesday night (anyone else looking for a convoy?), and hope to be at Woodford around 2 or 2.30pm on Thursday. Sounds like you and Steve & Hails will be there earlier, if you can circle the wagons :)
Can't remember who our "quartermaster' is, when I send the meeting reminder email next weekend I'll ask if the banners can be brought along to the meeting - or if I can get the details of how to access the storage - and I'll bring them up.
Looking forward to it!
Dave

SeanC
28-03-19, 08:11 PM
Okay, Google reckons they are called teardrop or bow banners. Ed & I will be in Glen Innes on Wednesday night (anyone else looking for a convoy?), and hope to be at Woodford around 2 or 2.30pm on Thursday. Sounds like you and Steve & Hails will be there earlier, if you can circle the wagons :)
Can't remember who our "quartermaster' is, when I send the meeting reminder email next weekend I'll ask if the banners can be brought along to the meeting - or if I can get the details of how to access the storage - and I'll bring them up.
Looking forward to it!
Dave

Hi Dave,

We don't have an appointed "quartermaster", unless you would like to volunteer?

I'll email the storage details to you.

Regards,
Sean

Dave
29-03-19, 03:08 PM
Hi Dave,

We don't have an appointed "quartermaster", unless you would like to volunteer?

I'll email the storage details to you.

Regards,
Sean

Thanks Sean!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunno
03-04-19, 03:54 PM
Yep,
I'm leaving some time Tuesday now as I need to go via a mates place near Alstonville to drop parts in for FRED.
I am looking at meeting up with Richard (Jeeps R US) on the way.
Sorry Steve F. no kids with me. They are flying up Easter Monday & I'm meeting them at Surfers Monday night or Tuesday. Staying at Peppers resort until Saturday. Then Byron for 2 nights, Port Mac for 2 nights. Home Wednesday.

gp
05-04-19, 02:31 PM
Steve I was planning on leaving Sydney Tuesday 16th, will stop in Gold Coast to see daughter, plan to arrive Thursday afternoon 18th. I will leave Tuesday morning 23rd.
Regards John Clark

Dave
06-04-19, 01:36 PM
Found the storage unit and managed to get in. Took a while to work out the padlock was upside down and I had to lie on the floor [emoji23]
Found the two flag type banners with poles, and one flat banner that ties up with rope. Hope that’ll do, everything else looked like bits of the 4 marquees in there!

isherz
06-04-19, 07:06 PM
Cool now you have mastered the drill in time fir the show n shine...[emoji2957]

Jeep11
09-04-19, 10:55 AM
Hayley and I will staying at the Lumley Hill Camp Ground, the Wednesday night before Jambo. if you would like to join us for the drive into Jambo on the Thursday.

Dave
09-04-19, 01:47 PM
Hayley and I will staying at the Lumley Hill Camp Ground, the Wednesday night before Jambo. if you would like to join us for the drive into Jambo on the Thursday.

That looks nice! Ed and I will be driving past, but coming down from Glen Innes probably not till after 1.00pm, so we'll probably miss you.
See you at Jambo :)
Dave

Steve F
09-04-19, 02:59 PM
To add to Steves post we'll be staying at Murwillumbah caravan park http://www.greenhillscaravanpark.com.au/ No bookings required and plenty of food and fuel etc in the town.

Getting there Wednesday afternoon and heading off on Thursday to get to Jambo for lunch time. I had planned to stay at Lumley Hill Camp ground with Steve and Hailey but it was a little to far for us that day.

Cheers
Steve

Dieselcon
15-04-19, 09:04 AM
Hi guys we are on our way ... but knocking over some family commitments so won’t get to Jambo till Friday . See ya there. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190414/db087177ac4959d40b2138710bfbba29.jpg