PDA

View Full Version : National 4X4 Show

Cpage66
23-06-06, 02:57 PM
http://www.4x4show.com.au/sydney/

Anybody else going this weekend?

sir_camel
23-06-06, 04:30 PM
I just went. Had the arvo off and thought i'd waste some time (and now, money) at the show.

It is CRAP.

There is some Tuff Truck presence. Some guy drove Antanac's Yella half way up the ramp. I was expecting the big tuff truck full flex. My Jeep could have ramped as much as he did. And the bling grey/black patrol was there too on a big concrete block. Mark's (club member) GQ ute is also in the foyer.

All the stuff on 'sale' is what you can generally get at any time at any shop.

DON'T PAY FOR PARKING. I was in a post soccer daze and cruised into the parking garage to pay for parking when i walked to the place and found about 1000 2 hour parking spots on the street for free and about 10 times closer.

Um. What was good?

I stood at the BBM, Tuff Truck and some other stand and watched Tuff Truck and Outback Challenge DVD's. Um...

Ah...i think this accuratly portrays my opinion of the show.

Only Jeep was a WK on a performnace diesel chip stand.

Wooders
23-06-06, 04:52 PM
We've dropping the TJ off tomorrow morning to help out with the TTC Stand.
Will probably have a look around at some stage over the weekend - but loads of other things to get done huh Stuart ;).

Cpage66
23-06-06, 05:56 PM
Got a call from Jenko this afternoon and he's got me interested in a fire extinquisher and some recovery gear he saw when he went today. We'll probably go Sunday afternoon and haggle abit to see if they want to sell stuff or repack stuff. Have done that the last couple of years with some effect...

Wooders
24-06-06, 10:55 AM
NOT dropping the TJ off now......

Spent the last 2 nights working on it - but gave up at 10pm last night when the rain got too heavy & I kept blowing lead lights :evil: