PDA

View Full Version : Club Property Weekend away 26-27th August (Now open to all)

Antz
29-06-06, 08:12 PM
Hey all.

Rob J is thinking of running a weekend away, possibly at the club property or maybe another location. The aim is as a KJ only event with a few non-KJ tag-alongs along the lines of the Classic not Plasic trip that the club does. Aiming for dates in July or August sometime and at the moment the call is out for interested members to let us know and to sugest suitable dates.

So how about it KJ owners? here is your chance to get out with similar vehicles without being bothered by hoards of tent Jeeps. Maybe this should be an "any Jeep except a TJ" trip :wink:

We will see how we go for numbers here, if the interest is low there is the possibility we could open this trip up to a wider audience. So who is interested?

Cpage66
30-06-06, 11:37 AM
Have to get a date drawn up during this time period as I'm a little busy. But depending on that, I might be in...

Steve F
30-06-06, 12:43 PM
Might be in as well as a non tent jeep :) I also need a date to work things around.

Cheers
Steve

jenko
30-06-06, 04:44 PM
How about 29,30 july or 12,13 august. Other wise you can nominate another date location

MRGC
30-06-06, 06:10 PM
Need a date.

jenko
30-06-06, 07:07 PM
I put to weekend up which one is or right with you's.These are some over nite places i chose to go to club property,zig zag,watagan or jenolan state forest

jenko
02-07-06, 05:03 PM
Ok how about 26,27 august up at the club property

Steve F
02-07-06, 05:38 PM
26 and 27 or August, we're in.

Cheer Steve

stevet
06-07-06, 03:09 PM
If it stays on the 26th/27th, I'm in. :)

jenko
06-07-06, 05:17 PM
It seems like only 3 cars are going .Do you think i is still worth going

Steve F
06-07-06, 05:20 PM
4 If Chris goes.

Cheers
Steve

jenko
06-07-06, 05:28 PM
So it looks like a cherokee weekend :?:

Dorzun
06-07-06, 05:43 PM
I would but I'll be down in Berridale playing in the rocks.

Steve F
11-07-06, 04:10 PM
Well how about we open this up to all comers seeing as we just have 3 or possibly 4 vehicles so far... It's a great oppertunity to see the club property and learn your way around it for future trips. A few beers after a days wheelin, or nights if we're so inclined, around a decent fire is a great way to finish a day.

Cheers
Steve

jenko
12-07-06, 05:00 PM
Ok but lets try keep it JEEP :roll:

Outback
12-07-06, 09:44 PM
I'm in with my KJ weekend of 26th 27th sounds good, frosts withstanding! :D

jenko
13-07-06, 04:19 PM
SO far there are 5 cars going on the trip. My,Stevef and friend,Chris ?,outback

Steve F
13-07-06, 06:25 PM
SO far there are 5 cars going on the trip. My,Stevef and friend,Chris ?,outback

When I said 'We're in' I mean't me and my wife :) I think the list is
Rob
Me
Chris?
Steve t
Outback

Cheers
Steve

sasjeep
13-07-06, 06:28 PM
Not sure if im in the club or not Ive payed but Ive not heard a word from anyone about it. Having said that if I am in the club, Im in but its one more xj. need date firmed up.

jenko
13-07-06, 06:29 PM
OHHH! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

jenko
13-07-06, 06:33 PM
Dates are 26,27 august

sasjeep
13-07-06, 06:46 PM
Ok aug 26-27th, not sure but I think the canberra boys have a rumble on the rocks planed that weekend not sure. I'll have A look. Keen to have a drive with other jeeps...........

Wooders
13-07-06, 09:04 PM
I;d like to go (In the XJ) - but really depends on how preg wife feels about sleeping in a Tent.....hmmm....

Outback
13-07-06, 09:39 PM
Hey Wooders,
My handbrakes is a registered nurse and will be available if you hit too many bumps too fast....!

JPLyn
14-07-06, 01:26 PM
We are a maybe ... sorry a TJ, but at least its jeep :)

jenko
14-07-06, 02:28 PM
Hey wood there is a hut on the property with a fire place

Steve F
14-07-06, 02:30 PM
I;d like to go (In the XJ) - but really depends on how preg wife feels about sleeping in a Tent.....hmmm....

I was planning on sleeping in the "Blue Room", it's big and has a pot belly heater in there so will stay nice and warm. I'll be taking a tent just incase we cant get in it though. Basically lay the mattresses on the floor and crash out in there. I do snore a bit after a few though, and I will be having at least a few ;)

Cheers
Steve

Wooders
14-07-06, 04:59 PM
The hut is available for sleeping?
Hmm that could add a LOT of weight to the debate ;)

jenko
14-07-06, 06:20 PM
Woods if you are sleeping in the hut dring some ear plus :)

Wooders
14-07-06, 07:31 PM
So you know how loudly I snore than huh :oops:
Anyhow "discussed" with the boss on the way home. "Decided" that day/night (not overnight) trips might be more popular at this point :oops:

Steve F
16-07-06, 11:20 AM
Can anyone bring a lawn mower along for this weekend so we can cut the grass while we're up there? I should be able to but if a couple of us could stick one in a roof basketor something it would help a lot.

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
16-07-06, 04:44 PM
Can anyone bring a lawn mower along for this weekend so we can cut the grass while we're up there? I should be able to but if a couple of us could stick one in a roof basketor something it would help a lot.

Cheers
Steve

I can bring mine along...

jenko
17-07-06, 01:23 PM
Hey steve are we taking the club marquee or are we making other arrangements

Cpage66
17-07-06, 03:11 PM

Cheers
Steve

I can bring mine along...

BTW...who's got room in a roof basket???

Dorzun
17-07-06, 03:29 PM
Hey steve are we taking the club marquee or are we making other arrangements

Why, you'll just be carrying stuff you don't need.

As far as the shed goes, I think you could set up a few tents in their and still have room for a party.

Just remember to take a gas bottle if you want hot water.

Steve F
17-07-06, 03:42 PM
No need for a marque, there's plenty of cover up there :)

Cheers
Steve

sasjeep
17-07-06, 10:32 PM
Is there room for wife and kids up there and where is this track at? Is there no chance of damage not even a rock under the skirt?

Steve F
17-07-06, 10:40 PM
My wife will be going along, there's plenty of room in the blue room but bring a tent just incase it's locked or something silly like that.

There's alway the chance of damage but there is very little chance on the tracks we need to follow to get in and out of the place. The others are all optional so it depends on what you want to drive.

Cheers
Steve

sasjeep
18-07-06, 06:30 PM
sounds good, execpt my wife has never seen the inside of a tent. She has sailed from New Zealand to fiji and beyond but tent no way, maybe queen size bed.

Cpage66
18-07-06, 07:48 PM
sounds good, execpt my wife has never seen the inside of a tent. She has sailed from New Zealand to fiji and beyond but tent no way, maybe queen size bed.

Same as my wife...only stars she sleeps under are at least three. Saying that, we'll be bringing the air mattress for the blue room. (And the big swags 'just in case'.

Steve F
18-07-06, 07:53 PM

Same as my wife...only stars she sleeps under are at least three. Saying that, we'll be bringing the air mattress for the blue room. (And the big swags 'just in case'.

Not staying in the caravanpark again ;)

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
19-07-06, 11:44 AM

Not staying in the caravanpark again ;)

Cheers
Steve

Nope...she still wants to put a foot up me somewhere over that one!!! :o

CDKJ
20-07-06, 02:01 PM
Hi Steve,
I'd like to come along but can't stay o'night (Sunday is booked), how far away is the property? & is it a problem to only come for the Saturday?
I tested my KJ a few months back with on the Zig Zag trip, I have trouble finding time to get off road (two kids under 3 is very time consuming). Anyway let me know asap so I can plan around it.
Thanks
Chris D

Steve F
20-07-06, 03:11 PM
Hi Chris,

You had the stock KG on the club trip yeh? It's about 3 hours to get up there, normally leave around 8:00 and get there around 11:00-11:30. It is possible to do a day trip and with no tents to put up we'll get some wheeling in on Sturday no problem. Rob will be keen to have some more KJ's come along as well as his original plan was to be a KJ trip.

Getting off the property isn't too bad at the end of the day but I guess it depends if you want to do that sort of run back in the evening.

Cheers
Steve

CDKJ
20-07-06, 03:19 PM
Hi Steve,
That's me (it was a great day out), & yes, that's a long drive only to come back that night. I will give it some thought & post back tomorrow.
CD

CDKJ
21-07-06, 01:17 PM
Hi Steve,
I'm not going to come due to the long drive back on Sat night (I can't get out of Sunday's commitment). Anyway I hope the trip is enjoyable, it would have been great to get off with a few JK's, not mention I'd like to see what other mods people have done to them.
I'm going to send my membership application form in next week & plan to come along to the next cleanup so see you then.
CD

jenko
21-07-06, 02:41 PM
Sorry you cannot make it see you at the next meeting .

arb87u
21-07-06, 07:45 PM
Looks like i can make this one!

Sorry but it is another tent jeep!! :mrgreen:

billsta
28-07-06, 09:50 AM
maybe we should do some
live-action role playing games too... gets everyone involve..

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/larp.htm

Steve F
02-08-06, 03:43 PM
maybe we should do some
live-action role playing games too... gets everyone involve..

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/larp.htm

If you come along Bill I'm sure we can sort something out for you. Could this be the start of a SJC LARP Team ;)

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/larp-8.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Dave
03-08-06, 08:51 AM
Dave's in, looking forward to it!

jenko
03-08-06, 09:06 PM
We well meet at the petrol station on the F3 on 26/8/06.We well be leaving at 8am

jenko
14-08-06, 03:09 PM
So Stevef do you have indication of the final number for this trip

Steve F
14-08-06, 03:50 PM
Looks like we have 8 vehicles going :)

Rob
Steve F + 1
Outback
Cpage66
arb87u
Dave
Steve t

Everyone should bring a tent just incase there are problems with the 'Blue Room' although I doubt it but we'll need somewhere to sleep if for some reason it's locked.

Also be a good idea to bring some extra lighting as if people are up for it we might do a night drive :)

See you all at the twin service stations at Wyong (heading North of course) ready for an 8:00am departure on Saturday 26/08/06.

Cheers
Steve

jenko
14-08-06, 05:25 PM
Thank for that steve,Im not sure i can fit any more lights on the front of my car.( I could duct tape some torches on my bull bar ) :lol: :lol:

Dave
21-08-06, 08:52 AM
Hey ANYONE, haven't had any replies to emails so this is last resort. Haven't done a trip up there before, do we bring all food etc or what?

see you at the F3Servos at 8am Sat!

Dave.

Steve F
21-08-06, 09:00 AM
Hey ANYONE, haven't had any replies to emails so this is last resort. Haven't done a trip up there before, do we bring all food etc or what?

see you at the F3Servos at 8am Sat!

Dave.

Where did the emails go? Use the forum as the first option :)

You need to be totally self sufficient, so bring food and drink. There is water for washing dishes etc and it's probably Ok to drink as well but it is tank water so water from home is probably preffered. You'll also need something to cook on although we will get a fire going if you prefer the flame grilled method. Also bring recovery gear etc and anything else you think your Jeep mioght need. Most of all dont forget the camera :)

Cheers
Steve

Dorzun
21-08-06, 09:32 AM
Everyone should bring a tent just incase there are problems with the 'Blue Room' although I doubt it but we'll need somewhere to sleep if for some reason it's locked.

Remember the key we used lasst time steve? If not call and I'll tell you how to use it.

Steve F
21-08-06, 09:35 AM

Remember the key we used lasst time steve? If not call and I'll tell you how to use it.

Yep :)

Cheers
Steve

Dave
21-08-06, 10:03 AM
Thanks Steve,

Lesson Learned! Will use Forum in future (not member contacts) and will bring all (probably too much) on the weekend!

Dave

JP_Mark
21-08-06, 09:13 PM
What is the track in like for towing a camper trailer - also is there space to set up? Dragged it out of storage last weekend for rego and was thinking about taking it away before it gets buried in the furthest reaches of the garden again.

Steve F
21-08-06, 09:34 PM
Plenty of room to set it up, we'll all be sleeping inside :) There's a rocky water crossing geting in there but I'd certainly say it's doable. Was the creeking cross used up there at the SJC Jambo? The tracks can get a bit tight as well but it shouldn't be a problem. I know the Zook guys have taken trailers in there.

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
21-08-06, 09:37 PM
http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/album575/Tindog_011.sized.jpg

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/album575/Tindog_032.sized.jpg

And our accomodation :)

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/album575/Tindog_038.sized.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
24-08-06, 02:15 PM
What is the track in like for towing a camper trailer - also is there space to set up? Dragged it out of storage last weekend for rego and was thinking about taking it away before it gets buried in the furthest reaches of the garden again.

So Mark, can we expect to see you there?

Cheers
Steve

JPLyn
24-08-06, 03:51 PM
Hi Steve, yes we are planning on coming.

Is that creek crossing through the caravan park? if yes, does that mean we have to go up the steep hills on the other side to get to the club property? as we remember it some of those hills are very steep.

I was keen to drive up tomorrow avo instead, can we get in? as it seems a long way for 1night.

Steve F
24-08-06, 05:00 PM
Hi Steve, yes we are planning on coming.

Is that creek crossing through the caravan park? if yes, does that mean we have to go up the steep hills on the other side to get to the club property? as we remember it some of those hills are very steep.

I was keen to drive up tomorrow avo instead, can we get in? as it seems a long way for 1night.

That's the one, through the caravan park and then off to the gate to the right of the main track in the path and straight down through the creek. There's a few tracks out to the camp ground, there is one quite steep but I think that may be the shorter way. The way that everyone typically goes isn't too bad. Nothing too steep from what I remeber :)

Be good to see you guys out driving again :)

Cheers
Steve

JPLyn
25-08-06, 12:27 PM
Well we were going ... now we're not, :( Mark has a uni assignment due next week. Fingers crossed we get to do something soon ... our next aim will be getting to jamboree.
I'll be at the mtg next though, so see you all then :)

Cpage66
25-08-06, 05:20 PM
This is going to be an interestng weekend...
We got the old long side axle replaced today and then they discovered theit supplier had sent the wrong short side axle.
We'll be in 2 wheel drive! :roll: :roll:

Steve F
25-08-06, 05:44 PM
This is going to be an interestng weekend...
We got the old long side axle replaced today and then they discovered theit supplier had sent the wrong short side axle.
We'll be in 2 wheel drive! :roll: :roll:

So we could have plenty of WJ snatching pics then. First one might be the creek crossing :) The rest is pretty easy out to the camp ground though as you know.

So did you bust one? or two?

Cheers
Steve

Cpage66
25-08-06, 06:29 PM
One...I thought it was the old stock one we keep putting into it (it felt like it at Zig Zag) but it turned out to be the little one. We had to replace the big one anyway under warranty...and my new set of spares are still in the States.

arb87u
25-08-06, 06:59 PM
are we going through bulahdelah on the way?

Just gota plan fuel stops as i can only fill at shell and it is a TJ.....

Steve F
25-08-06, 07:04 PM
are we going through bulahdelah on the way?

Just gota plan fuel stops as i can only fill at shell and it is a TJ.....

We dont go as far as Buladelah, the last servo is at Stroud on the Bucketts way. We turn off the highway at the beeginning of the Bucketts way if that helps.

Cheers
Steve

arb87u
25-08-06, 07:14 PM
how far is it from stroud to tindog roughly?

Steve F
25-08-06, 07:58 PM
how far is it from stroud to tindog roughly?

Not sure exactly, about 50-60kms I think. We normally fill up there on the way back as well.

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
27-08-06, 06:12 PM
My pics are uploading now, they are in reverse order so the lat item on the last page is the first picture. There are 179 of them all up.

should all be up by about 6:30 tonight.

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/gallery/album673

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/album673/TinDog_004.jpg

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/album673/TinDog_064.jpg

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/album673/TinDog_140.jpg

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/album673/TinDog_171.jpg

Cheers
Steve

CDKJ
27-08-06, 08:50 PM
Nice shots, it looked like a great weekend with a touch of rain. It's good to see a few KJ's on the dirt & the creek shots. I like the blue KJ aiming for the stars (did all the KJ's have lifts?). I rather be their than the Christening I had to attend today.
CDKJ :D :cry:

Steve F
27-08-06, 09:21 PM
One of the KJ's was a stocker I think, or maybe a small lift (2")

Cheers
Steve

arb87u
27-08-06, 09:45 PM
pics from my cammera :)

http://www.aussiejeepimages.com/gallery2/v/WarrenG/Tindog+26-27_08_06/

sir_camel
27-08-06, 09:56 PM
Looks like a top weekend! :) Great pic of the convoy crossing the creek. Looks quite high compared to when we crossed it at 2002 Jambo.

sir_camel
27-08-06, 10:10 PM
Yea after looking through ALL the photos i feel like i really missed out.

Chris, did you run with 31's this weekend? All the carnage of zig zag fixed?

Steve F
27-08-06, 10:26 PM
Yea after looking through ALL the photos i feel like i really missed out.

Chris, did you run with 31's this weekend? All the carnage of zig zag fixed?

Chris ran his 33's but was only in 2WD, he drove it to the camp ground and parked it for the weekend.

Cheers
Steve

Dave
28-08-06, 02:33 PM
Steve,

Thanks for the pics, checked out the ones from 4WD Links too. Great stuff. It was an excellent weekend, and yes in answer to the question, my KJ has just the 2.5" OME lift and the standard Goodyear SRA tyres (at the moment).

Thanks to Steve and Rob for getting us out there!

Dave G

jenko
28-08-06, 03:36 PM
Thanks for a great weekend,bring on more photo's :)

Steve F
28-08-06, 05:01 PM
Think for a great weekend,bring on more photo's :)

I'll have the ones Aidan took (Crusier driver) tomorrow night. I'll post them up when I do.

Cheers
Steve

arb87u
31-08-06, 10:47 AM
where are the pics from aidans cam? :wink:

jenko
31-08-06, 05:02 PM
Hey Stevet have you heard form that bird you hit on :wink: ?

stevet
31-08-06, 05:57 PM
HI folks,
The kookaburra was fine & no, no further sightings :roll:
Pic's should be up tonight with a bit of luck!
Great weekend, lot's of fun had by all. :D

stevet
31-08-06, 09:57 PM
hi guys,
here are the photo's

www.aussiejeepimages.com/gallery2/v/SteveT :)

Steve F
31-08-06, 10:20 PM
Nice pics, that was a really good weekend, I'm actually lookign forward to the working bee and showing the zooks how it's done when we hit some trails ;)

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
31-08-06, 11:54 PM
where are the pics from aidans cam? :wink:

I'll get them over the weekend :)

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
10-09-06, 09:55 PM
Couple more pics from Aidans camera :) He only had about 12.

Helping re-open an old steep track :)
http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/album673/P8260441.jpg

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/album673/P8260432.jpg

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/album673/P8260436.jpg

Cheers
Steve

sir_camel
10-09-06, 10:04 PM
Great pics. Particularly love the one of Robs KJ

Steve F
10-09-06, 10:08 PM
Looks cool doesn't it :) Had a nice steep kicker at the top.

Cheers
Steve