Antz
12-07-06, 03:20 PM
Event: Classic Not Plastic Weekend
Dates: 24th and 25th February 2007
Trip Leader: Dave Erwin (AussieCJ7)
Grade: C

More details to follow but basically;

Open to all pre-Chrysler Jeeps

Chrysler Jeeps can attend but need to be an invited guest of a classic jeep that is attending, if a club member is keen to attend we can hook them up with a classic owner for an invite This is to make sure that we have more classics than newer jeeps to keep the spirt of the weekend

It is a fully self catered weekend come prepared to look after yourself including spares and tools but everyone will help where ever we can.

To register for this trip you MUST call or email the trip leader.

JPLyn
14-07-06, 01:28 PM
If we get invited by a classic we'll be in ... we can act as the backup / photography jeep per the last trip :)
Email sent to Dave.

Wooders
09-10-06, 05:04 PM
Is this still on in November?
We haven't promoted it at all and I'm just wondering if we should push it out a bit?
OK I'm also angling because ;):
a. I'm not ready, &
b. The boss & her little assistant might not be ready......

ACJ
16-10-06, 09:49 AM
looks like im not going to make this one be working most weekends (if not All) up until christmas

AussieCJ7
24-10-06, 08:30 PM
It is with great sadness I have to say that CNP06 will not occur in November due to a number of combined circumstances.

Due to the approach of the silly season after the proposed date it has been decided it will now be held Feb 24/25, this will be the perfect lead up to camp coffs at Easter for all the older jeeps and maybe older jeepers

Look for further details on here, in Jeep Action Australia and via email for those who have expressed interest already

If you are keen to get further info on this event please PM your email address so I can add you to the list

The format will be similar to last year however this year will will camp at the SJC club property "Tin Dog" which ajoins the last NSW Jeep Jamboree site.

We will have a days drive into the site via a few nice tracks that are not aimed to being too hard but will get you to dust the cob webs of that low range stick and a simlar drive back out

I appoligise for any inconvineance this may cause those planning on joining us for this weekend but I am commited to ensure this weekend will be enjoyable by all who attend and that could not be gaurenteed when none of the key organisors were able to gaurentee attendance

For thos that have Jeeps in parts you now have a little more time to be able to join us cough wooders cough

Can the trip co-ordinators please change not only the club calendar but also the Tin Dog booking

Wooders
24-10-06, 09:58 PM
Ok that could just be the kick up the bum I need to get into my projects.
Sad to see it moved but not surprised and pleased if it means I can have my junk moving :lol:
<mod-hat-on>Title & heading eddited to correct the dates.<&off>

Steve F
24-10-06, 10:20 PM
Club calendar and property booking have both been updated.

Cheers
Steve

Wooders
12-01-07, 05:40 PM
Must be getting about time to ramp this up a bit 'eh :twisted:

AussieCJ7
17-01-07, 12:14 PM
For those that have been keen supporters I thank you, as you know we wanted to run a Classic Not Plastic in 2006 and it has been faced by delay after delay.

We are commited to running a successful trip and as such it is only fair that we have decided not to run CNP06 The 2 key organisers embarked on a major project on each of their Jeeps that have meant we havent had time to fully prepare and it would be unfair to drag this out any further or run a half prepared trip

The concept is NOT dead and we are commited making this an annual event.

We are considering all options for CNP07 and given how quiet the Jeeping/4x4 calendar is during winter June/July is a real option

We encourage as many early Jeeps as possible to attend Camp coff's and hope to have an informal meeting of the Early jeep owners to discuss how we make CNP a highlight of the Australian Jeeping community calendar for years to come

We are commited to CNP representing

1. A family friendly trip that is focussed on Pre Chrysler made Jeeps
2. Catering for as many styles of Jeeps as possible, as such touring/easier grade tracks, and a few optional play areas at lunch, camp for those who like to strech the springs a little
3. Something that shows us in a good communtity spirited image

I know for some whose Jeeps are still in build up this is good news for others who were keen to get out there I appoligise and hope you will support us in making CNP07 more than make up for the missed 06 event