PDA

View Full Version : TRACKS NEAR DINGO DELL (JENOLAN CAVES)

MRGC
18-07-06, 12:23 PM
Im going tommorow to 4wd near dingo dell which just after jenolan caves just wanted know if anyone knows of any good tracks with creek crossings and good hill climbs (low range stuff), names of tracks will be appreciated as I will look on the topo maps that I have.

Antz
18-07-06, 12:33 PM
Have spent a bit of time in the area (a long time ago now), nothing too difficult (unless it rains, then look out!) Kowmung crossing can be interesting if there has been a lot of rain (yeah right) but is quite good since they put the weir in (tree trunk). Lots of steep stuff with nice scenery and sometimes some mud around the Dingo Dell area (off the main track down the valley)

Some interesting tracks lead off the main Oberon/Yerranderie Rd. Most of them are dead ends and a lot are just flat fire trails, but with a bit of exploring you can find some interesting bits. Ruby Creek trail rings a bell as worthwhile and "something" Mountain trail which heads to Limeburners Flat was good from memory.

Have fun.

sir_camel
18-07-06, 12:48 PM
There are some really narly tracks in Jenolan State Forest apparently. Been keen to go check them out sometime but never have. Don't know directions or names or anything though. Sorry

MRGC
18-07-06, 12:59 PM
Thanx guys I will look at the tracks you mentioned ANTZ see if there on the map and update you when Im back.

Antz
18-07-06, 01:03 PM
There are some really narly tracks in Jenolan State Forest apparently. Been keen to go check them out sometime but never have. Don't know directions or names or anything though. Sorry

Have heard about these and did do a bit of exploring on the left of the road that goes to the caves but never found anything really. I did end up on the 'six foot track' at one stage which went all the way down to the Coxs River. I'd be keen for a bit of a recce up there sometime.

sir_camel
18-07-06, 01:58 PM
Count me in for the recce Antz. Make it a Saturday and i will try be free.

MRGC
18-07-06, 03:30 PM
Ive heard about cox's river where is it exactly and is it good there.

Antz
18-07-06, 04:54 PM
Cox's river runs from lake Lyle and is part of the catchment for Warragamba. You cross it along the road to Jenolan Caves. I drove in along the section of the six foot walking track that is open to vehicles and walked the rest of the way to go flyfishing for trout. No 4wd challenge but the trout certainly were. There were tracks all over but didnt really explore as the purpose of the trip was fishing. From memory the track was called Black Range Track and about 15 or so k's from where you turn off the highway at Hampton.

Steve F
18-07-06, 05:38 PM
I'd be keen to come along on a reccie as well (time permitting) if three isn't a crowd :)

Cheers
Steve

Antz
18-07-06, 05:45 PM
OK how about Sat the 5th of August for a look around?

sir_camel
18-07-06, 06:04 PM
I may or may not have a gig that night. Will confirm in the next few days.

Cpage66
18-07-06, 07:50 PM
Kewl...I've got a write up somewhere in one of the anti-Jeep mags about a group going up through there. I think it even had map references listed as well...