PDA

View Full Version : Lake Lyell Sunday 15th March 2020 C+/B Grade

TRBN8R
26-02-20, 04:55 PM
Hi Guys,

I am back after a long time. I plan to run a C+/B trip at lake lyell. Info as below.

Where: Lake Lyell
When: Sunday 15th March 2020
RV Point: 1 Magpie Hollow Road, South Bowensfels
Meetup Time: 0900 Hrs
Expected Finish Time: 1500 Hrs
Trip Grade: Mostly C+ with a cuouple of B Options.
Vehicle Requirements: Wrangler with 2" lift and 32" offroad tyres will be ideal but the tracks are doable on a stock wrangler as well with careful selection of lines and a bit of underbelly rub. Front and rear recovery points, radio and recovery gear. There is a river crossing in the plan and due to the recent rains the water will be up but not high enough to damage the cars.

Number of Cars: 8 including leader.
1. Mani @ TRBN8R: JKU
2. Steve @ SteveF: JK Rubi
3. Will @ Will98: JK Shorty
4. John and Di @ IsHers: JK Shorty
5. Steve and Hayley @ Jeep11: JLUR
6. Philman: JK Rubi (Guest)
7. ExtremeRubicon: JK Rubi
8. SnakeDoctor: JKU

Reserves:

1. John @ JPJ: JKU
2. Steve @ CRDSteve: LKU
3. Elio @ ElioS: TJ
4. Skye : JKU

The gpx file attached is the rough truck plan. Mount Walker is a high B and will be decided on the day depending on the type of Jeeps on the run and the willingness of the drivers to attempt it.

The file can be viewed on app called GPXViewer available free on Android playstore.

Any further info please ring or sms me if not answered on 0405801230

Cheers

Mani

Steve F
26-02-20, 06:22 PM
Hey Mani, put me down for this, it's been a while and Sundays suit me at the moment :)

Cheers
Steve

Chris73
26-02-20, 06:49 PM
Hi Mani

put me down for this one

chris JK

Steve F
26-02-20, 07:14 PM
Forgot to ask, are the girls going with you, Em is keen if they are.

Cheers
Steve

TRBN8R
26-02-20, 07:29 PM
Forgot to ask, are the girls going with you, Em is keen if they are.

Cheers
Steve

They have sunday off. I will bring them with me.

isherz
26-02-20, 08:03 PM
Great to see you back please include Di & myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeep11
27-02-20, 10:09 AM
Hey Mani,
count me in mate, this will be the first drive for the new JL.

Phillman
27-02-20, 09:23 PM
I would love to go as a guest as would love to try out this club i have a 2010 JK Rubicon with 33 inch mud tyres

Extreme_Rubicon
27-02-20, 10:00 PM
Hey Mani

Count me In for this one....Leo

JK Rubicon on 35s

SnakeDoctor
27-02-20, 10:06 PM
In please if there's a slot left.

Will98
28-02-20, 05:21 AM
Hey Mani,
Put me down as a reserve please mate!

Cheers
Will

JPJ
28-02-20, 08:56 AM
Hi Mani,

Can you add me to the reserve list also.

Thanks
John

crdsteve
29-02-20, 07:22 AM
Could I be put in the reserve lost.

Cheers

Steve

Elio S
29-02-20, 09:00 AM
Hi Mani, cam you put me on the reserve list. It's my dad's birthday on the 14th so am hoping the family do will be done on the Saturday. Can confirm closer to the date. Cheers Elio

skye
01-03-20, 07:27 PM
hi can you put me down on reserve please jku wrangle

TRBN8R
09-03-20, 10:25 AM
Hi Snake Doctor,

Mate I just saw your post on another thread about your busted front pinion. Will you be able to attend the upcoming trip or can I bump someone up the list.

Cheers
Mani

SnakeDoctor
09-03-20, 01:09 PM
Hi Snake Doctor,

Mate I just saw your post on another thread about your busted front pinion. Will you be able to attend the upcoming trip or can I bump someone up the list.

Cheers
Mani

Hey Mani - I've been told i'll have the Jeep back prior to the weekend and i'll be doing whatever break-in procedure(s) are required prior to the Sunday so should still be in.

TRBN8R
09-03-20, 07:28 PM
Hey Mani - I've been told i'll have the Jeep back prior to the weekend and i'll be doing whatever break-in procedure(s) are required prior to the Sunday so should still be in.Great... C ya Sunday...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Chris73
11-03-20, 06:04 PM
Hi Mani

i wont be able to make it on the weekend now so you can give my spot to someone else hope to go on the next trip

Dieselcon
11-03-20, 10:53 PM
Might see you out there.. [emoji108]

TRBN8R
14-03-20, 08:38 AM
Hi Guys,

It's going to be cold tomorrow at Lithgow. Between 9-12°c and winds up to 26kph with a light drizzle. Wear some warm clothing to suit the weather.

Cheers

Mani

Will98
14-03-20, 03:40 PM
Hey Mani,

Thanks for bumping me up the list mate, I wish I could be out there but somethings come up at home. Hopefully it’s not too late for someone else to fill my spot.

See you next time!

Cheers,
Will

isherz
15-03-20, 08:33 AM
Hey mani were on our way but don’t think we’ll get there before 9.20
John n Di

TRBN8R
15-03-20, 07:13 PM
Trip Report:

Hi Guys,

The trip was a success today. The final attendance was as under.

1. Mani @ TRBN8R: JKU

2. Steve @ SteveF: JK Rubi

3. John @ JPJ: JKU

4. John and Di @ IsHers: JK Shorty

5. Steve and Hayley @ Jeep11: JLUR

6. Phil @ Philman: JK Rubi (Guest)

7. Martin @ ExtremeRubicon: JK Rubi

8. Leo @ SnakeDoctor: JKU

We all met up at the Shell servo at South Bowenfels at 0900. John and Di arrived a bit late but we were aware of them running late so we waited for them. We left the station at about 0920.

We got to the track and aired down. First track was The Quarry. Unfortunately The Quarry has been bulldozed and a giant pile of rubble has been left in front of it. We did the climb behind the quarry and headed to the tracks along the Cox's River. All tracks were as expected of C Grade. We got to The Powerlines track and due to recent rains the starting bit was a bit slippery. Couple of cars had problems negotiating the first step with John (IsHerz) needing to winch out. We all made it to the top of the powerlines and instead of turning right towards the Cox's River crossing we headed straight across to Maggie's Hill. It was a long shaley climb and most of us found it very interesting. After negotiating Maggie's Hill I misread the Maps and turned left instead of right. We had to do a long loop to get back on track and we discovered a few more interesting climbs along the way.

It was getting a bit past mid day so we got to a camp spot near the river and stopped for lunch. All of us had a long chin wag over lunch and we discovered that our guest Phil is a Volunteer fire fighter and had spent about 2 months fightimg fires over the Christmas new year period.

After lunch we headed for Mount Walker. We decided to give the first section a miss. We got to the top section and I managed to drive to the top with a couple of corrections in approach. John (IsHerz) drove Leo's Jeep to the top without much hassle at all. It was past 1400 so it was decided to do the Cox's River Crossing and head to Rydal for air up. We crossed the river and it wasn't as high as I had expected. We headed to Rydal and found the tracks leading to Rydal have been graded recently. Some people aired up at Rydal and some decided to head to the servo to air up. I found my compressor has died so I headed off to Lithgow to air up as well. The trip concluded at about 1440 hrs.

Nil damage to any vehicle reported. Only 1 recovery using a winch was required.

I did not take any photos. If someone did take some can you please post them for the club.

Cheers

Mani

Steve F
15-03-20, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the trip Mani, great to get out there again, looking forward to the next one.

Cheers
Steve

TRBN8R
15-03-20, 08:15 PM
Trip Registerhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200315/55f80594930a656d0b62d82f51ac7d35.jpg

Jeep11
15-03-20, 08:28 PM
Hey Mani, Thanks for a great day out. It was the first trip for the new JLU and it was great to send it up all the good climbs. Thanks to the great group we had today everyone did extremely well.
looking forward to the next trip
Steve and Hayley

SnakeDoctor
15-03-20, 08:40 PM
Great trip Mani!

Thanks

isherz
16-03-20, 07:38 AM
Thanks Mani!
Weather was perfect cool but no rain except a drizzle on the way home.
Perfect for a day on the dirt and a very capable bunch of jeepers...