PDA

View Full Version : Cape York 2021 14/7- 14/8

isherz
24-05-20, 04:19 PM
John and I are planning a cape York trip next year going to the top and back via the dinosaur trails. Start by joining tail end of David’s return trip to Uluru...pending border restrictions lifted
Trip will be 4 1/2 weeks from 14th July to 14th August - itineraries to be confirmed ... loose draft available next month or so but accomodation bookings and tours etc won’t happen till early next year.

Planning to make it off-road trailer friendly .

For more info feel free to discuss with Di. 0422 803 803

DEFINITES
1. John and Di
2. Jose
3. Dru n Kerry
4. Pat sienna Phoenix
5. Ben hunt
6. Leo

EOI
1. Aaron Moffat
2. Jared Collins
3. Timothy and Co
4. Ali
5. John and Cath

Reserves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JaredC
25-05-20, 09:42 PM
Put me and mel down as interested please

Dru
26-05-20, 10:07 AM
Hey Di, interested.

isherz
05-06-20, 09:42 PM
Bump

Timothy
08-06-20, 12:13 AM
Add me in - Tim & Co

Cheers

Ali
13-06-20, 10:45 AM
Hey guys,
Can u count me in to for maybe list[emoji3]

isherz
13-06-20, 08:22 PM
Done Tim
Done Ali

Dieselcon
27-06-20, 09:37 PM
Put
Me
Down
As
Very
INTERESTED

Jaunts
27-07-20, 07:31 PM
Put us down as interested please - John n Cath

aza mof
28-07-20, 02:56 PM
Top trip
Did it in 2011 in a bt50
And the jeep didnt make it destroy both diffs

So may be very interested in this

Dieselcon
09-08-20, 10:33 PM
Yes I’m
Very keen. Which should I take https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200809/7fe512ce37e0ad27712f82cfbbaa9517.jpg

isherz
11-08-20, 08:07 PM
[emoji13][emoji3060][emoji2957]

isherz
02-09-20, 12:54 PM
B

Dieselcon
13-10-20, 10:57 PM
So doing some cost estimates ..
will be around 9000km round trip
And Say 35 days .
will be taking the JKUR with RTT.
These are nominal figures
Fuel @ 18lp100km @ $2.00 =$3240
Food and drink $30perday. = $1050
Emergency money =$2000
Camping Fees and misc. = $?????

Can people help .. add suggestions what else do I Need ?????

isherz
15-10-20, 08:06 AM
Hey Jose
We’re aiming for $5000 and back up for any repairs...
Depends on how many tourist trips you do... eg on our cairns layover John n I will do outer reef trip at $200 ea including seafood lunch banquet and snorkelling gear etc
Should have itinerary up as a new post wanting defs and interest
Can’t wait so excited [emoji38]

Steve F
15-10-20, 09:16 AM
So doing some cost estimates ..
will be around 9000km round trip
And Say 35 days .
will be taking the JKUR with RTT.
These are nominal figures
Fuel @ 18lp100km @ $2.00 =$3240
Food and drink $30perday. = $1050
Emergency money =$2000
Camping Fees and misc. = $?????

Can people help .. add suggestions what else do I Need ?????

Beer, North of the Daintree it is an expensive commodity and you can only carry limited amounts, when we went XXXX was the beer of choice (mid strength only allowed) and hot nights meant a bit got drunk. Ice creams etc were also popular, and noticeably more expensive. That $30 a day will be pushing it if you like either of these ;)

Cheers
Steve

Dieselcon
15-10-20, 07:06 PM
Beer, North of the Daintree it is an expensive commodity and you can only carry limited amounts, when we went XXXX was the beer of choice (mid strength only allowed) and hot nights meant a bit got drunk. Ice creams etc were also popular, and noticeably more expensive. That $30 a day will be pushing it if you like either of these ;)

Cheers
Steve

Hmmm ... yep... beer on hot days will be a must ... ok thanks... .. will up the budget to twice that for 2 weeks , [emoji106]

Dieselcon
15-10-20, 07:08 PM
Hey Jose
We’re aiming for $5000 and back up for any repairs...
Depends on how many tourist trips you do... eg on our cairns layover John n I will do outer reef trip at $200 ea including seafood lunch banquet and snorkelling gear etc
Should have itinerary up as a new post wanting defs and interest
Can’t wait so excited [emoji38]

Awesome .. ok so I’m not far off the mark.... my A/L was approved today .. so I’m a definite

Dru
15-10-20, 08:53 PM
Di, with great excitement we can now say, Dru and Kerry are DEFINITES!

woohoo, :encouragement:

isherz
18-10-20, 03:06 PM
Excited [emoji12]

aza mof
20-10-20, 09:59 PM
In 2011 when we did it we where 4 weeks away
Up and back spent just over 5g in cost when away
So i would think it would be a little more now
Real need more time than that as didnt see everything

Dieselcon
21-10-20, 01:06 PM
Well .. since it’s just me in my jeep, thinking I will set it up with a bed inside, so removing seats to improve storage option.
Remove passenger front and Make it the fridge and dry food storage.
Remove rear seat and convert behind the drivers with a permanent bed setup, I’m only 5’5” and set the passenger side with storage and draws... could save on weight and drag with nothing on the Roof .. will have to chase some sought of vent for the inside of the jeep for condensation..
I will take a backup tent and blowup mattress just incase.

What’s people’s thoughts with that.

Dave
21-10-20, 01:15 PM
Well .. since it’s just me in my jeep, thinking I will set it up with a bed inside, so removing seats to improve storage option.
Remove rear seat and convert behind the drivers with a permanent bed setup, I’m only 5’5” and set the passenger side with storage and draws... could save on weight and drag with nothing on the Roof .. will have to chase some sought of vent for the inside of the jeep for condensation..

Sounds like a great plan Jose, are you talking about the Grand?

You will definitely want at least window rain visors so you can keep them open for ventilation at night, it can get hot - although then you have the mozzies. I'd def suggest a tent as well in case sleeping in the car gets unmanageable. You will also have a few days where you stay in the same place, so you may want to set up a more permanent camp site for a few days...

If you get a self inflating mattress it would be good for in the car or in a tent. If you leave it inflated in the car, make sure you open the valve during the day as when it gets hot they can 'over inflate'...

Dave

Hunno
21-10-20, 08:29 PM

You bastard.....
I started thinking when I read "Just me in Jeep". Hmmmmmm passenger seat spare, Swag, Esky & chair.........

Dieselcon
22-10-20, 06:59 AM
You bastard.....
I started thinking when I read "Just me in Jeep". Hmmmmmm passenger seat spare, Swag, Esky & chair.........

[emoji8]

RD0401
22-10-20, 11:59 AM

I use these window sox's from supercheap for when I sleep in the back of the jeep, sorry can't remember what size I got. They slip over the rear window frame so you can have the window fully down but no bugs get in.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/sca-sca-window-shade---side-xl-curved-black-pair/342346.html#q=window%2Bshades&lang=en_AU&start=1

Dieselcon
23-10-20, 12:24 AM
I use these window sox's from supercheap for when I sleep in the back of the jeep, sorry can't remember what size I got. They slip over the rear window frame so you can have the window fully down but no bugs get in.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/sca-sca-window-shade---side-xl-curved-black-pair/342346.html#q=window%2Bshades&lang=en_AU&start=1

Awesome thanks

stevet
23-10-20, 07:49 PM

What’s people’s thoughts with that. .........

..........You can also get a heat extractor for around $20.00 from most auto shops... They work great in keeping the heat down inside of your car and will circulate fresh air constantly... I had one for the ZJ and could jump in it in the middle of summer. I had black leather seats but could sit on them immediately without the “burnt arse” syndrome... Lol... They are solar powered but you can work it from your lighter socket at night and it won’t drain your battery at all... Just don’t leave it in if you go through a car wash or wash your car.........
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk111111111111

Hunno
18-01-21, 11:37 PM

Cheers
Steve

Back in 2011 when we did it it was $80 a carton of XXXX once you left Cairns.

Hmmm ... yep... beer on hot days will be a must ... ok thanks... .. will up the budget to twice that for 2 weeks , [emoji106]