PDA

View Full Version : Lithgow Reccie Trip is now full

JaredC
03-06-20, 09:43 PM
Hi all
I’m looking at doing a reccie out to lithgow on the 11th July
I’m hoping to find tracks that will be more suited to beginners and newer members of the club, as this is a reccie anyone is welcome.

Due to COVID-19 restrictions this will be limited to 20 people and social distancing must be observed.

I have more details listed below, please let me know if you would like to come, I needed to know all drivers and passengers so we do not exceed the 20 person limit.

Meeting time: 9:00am
Meeting place: Zig Zag Railway
Date: 11th July 2020

We will be inspecting tracks around zig zag railway, lithgow and lost city.

If you would like to join let me know below.

Group 1
1. Jared & Mel
2. Skye & Darnea
3. Joe & Passenger
4. SteveT
5. Brian
6. Ali

Please let me know what vehicle you are driving along with modifications and your experience, it will not be best to have beginners and stock vehicles along, due to the uncertainty of what we could be facing
Any questions call or text me on 0487522843

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeepmuggle
03-06-20, 09:53 PM
Hi Jared, I'm interested. Will confirm asap but need ot check with wife once tonight's meeting is over. Mine's a WJ GC with 2" lift, rock sliders and ATs

Joe98
03-06-20, 09:56 PM
I am in! With one passenger.

Joe

MalWilson
03-06-20, 10:19 PM
Kim and Mal are interested if there is space, who better to check the newbie trip than newbies.

Jeepmuggle
03-06-20, 11:19 PM
Hi Jared, my 14yr old son, Kai, will come with me. I'll let you know if he decides to bail. Darrell.

RD0401
04-06-20, 08:22 AM
Add me to the reserve list please. JKU on 33's. Thanks. Ed.

Heidi
04-06-20, 08:31 PM
Brian is tentative depending on Perisher announcement on 15th

Ali
06-06-20, 05:20 PM
Hey guys,
Can u count me in too.
Ali JK

Ali
06-06-20, 05:27 PM
Hey guys,
Can u count me in too.
Ali JK
Ohh u r already full:smile-new:.
sorry

stevet
06-06-20, 06:09 PM
Hi Jared, would be easy to run another group... Second group could run a few minutes behind the first group???...

JaredC
09-06-20, 07:00 PM
Hi Jared, would be easy to run another group... Second group could run a few minutes behind the first group???...

It’s certainly a possibility if someone wanted to run another group, the only issue there is I don’t know where we are planning to go, I’m just going to be looking around for some tracks suitable for beginners.

stevet
09-06-20, 11:17 PM
I’m in... I was just going to follow Ben’s last run up there.... Ummm, need to change the Prado run to Ben’s trail I think... Think that would be nice...

isherz
10-06-20, 03:08 AM
Hey Steve that would be a great idea
We’re keen to do prado run.... Ben mentioned to us a few times but we never got to go!

JaredC
11-06-20, 08:14 AM
Hi guys, I’m going to have to move the trip back a few weeks, after issues with my winch on the long weekend coupled with the fact that I’m moving on that weekend I won’t be able to run it that weekend, I’m going to move it back by 2 weeks, so the new date will be 11th July 2020

If anyone cannot make it please let me know, we will still run 2 groups if Stephen T would still like to take a second group out

Thanks everyone

richhenning
11-06-20, 08:23 AM
Yes please, if there is space for 11 July. Thanks Rich

roya
11-06-20, 10:17 AM
Hi Jared,

I would love to join on 11th July if there is a space :)

Barb and Roya - JK

Thanks
Roya

JaredC
11-06-20, 10:53 AM
I’ll put you guys down for the second group, I still need Stephen to confirm if he can run a second group for that day and I need everyone in the first group to confirm they can still come that day, I’ll add you guys to the second group for now and see if Stephen can still run it.

isherz
11-06-20, 01:50 PM
All good for us

JaredC
11-06-20, 02:50 PM
Please note, this isn’t a trip with a planned destination, we do not know the track conditions and we do not know what tracks we will be doing on that day, this is more for exploring and finding tracks in the area, if you have any doubt if your vehicle isn’t set up correctly or you don’t think you are experienced enough, it would be best to sit this one out, until we can get an actual trip running up there.
There will be a trip in this area for beginners but this reccie is to find those tracks suitable for beginners.
If anyone has any questions you can call or text me on 0487522843 and I will give as much info as I can

Please remember there is no set plan for this day so we don’t know what we could be tackling or what the conditions are like
Thanks everyone

JaredC
11-06-20, 02:52 PM
Hi Jared,

I would love to join on 11th July if there is a space :)

Barb and Roya - JK

Thanks
Roya

Roya, maybe it might be best to sit this one out, please see the above message, this is not a trip with a plan, because of this we do not know what we could be tackling and how hard the tracks will be, I know your vehicle is fairly stock so it might not be up to the task just yet, do not worry, after this trip I will be running a trip in the same area for beginners and more stock vehicles like yourself.

Chris73
11-06-20, 06:11 PM
I would love to come I have a jk

JaredC
11-06-20, 07:40 PM
I would love to come I have a jk

Hi Chris, what modifications does your vehicle have and how much experience do you have? Only asking as we do not know what challenges we may face on the day

Chris73
11-06-20, 07:53 PM
It has a 2” lift and I am new to 4wd driving have done a little but not much real ruff

stevet
11-06-20, 09:01 PM
Hi, Yes I will be there on Sunday... Ben’s run is suitable for standard Wranglers and grands with a lift... Some rail protection is advisable for any grand really... Rich has done these tracks before so if you don’t mind Rich you could lead one group.... Have no plans or intentions to do anything difficult on the day but some may want to venture alittle but then I don’t watching or spotting if needed... Don’t mind helping out with people with little experience.... Usually makes for a fun day....
Come on Sunday.... Looking forward to getting out again...

stevet
11-06-20, 09:15 PM
Covid-19 restrictions have eased so twenty people can gather now so a second group may not be required....��...

roya
11-06-20, 10:28 PM
Hi Jared,

Thanks for the info, I waited so long to go on a trip but sure I’ll wait more to make sure I come to the right one. I have only upgraded my tyres
and added recovery point. So if you guys thinks it’s best to wait, then please take my name off the list.

Cheers
Roya

stevet
11-06-20, 10:59 PM
I
Hi Jared,

Thanks for the info, I waited so long to go on a trip but sure I’ll wait more to make sure I come to the right one. I have only upgraded my tyres
and added recovery point. So if you guys thinks it’s best to wait, then please take my name off the list.

Cheers
Roya

Hi Roya,
Jared is out for this run... I am only going to do easy runs, nothing difficult.... We can help you through this run... As I always use to say, “ Your Jeep is a better driver then you or me... You just need to catch up and to trust what it can do”.

roya
11-06-20, 11:50 PM
Hi Steve,

That’s great that I can join. Looking forward to it.

Thanks
Roya

stevet
12-06-20, 01:14 AM
Hi Steve,

That’s great that I can join. Looking forward to it.

Thanks
Roya

Cool.... See you all on Sunday.....

richhenning
12-06-20, 09:20 AM
Yes sure, happy to help. Confirming we are talking about Sunday 11 July.

stevet
12-06-20, 10:24 AM
There has been another run posted for this coming Sunday 14/06/2020 at theZigZag and the Lost City areas, Ben's run... See the new thread if you are interested in attending Sunday.....

RD0401
12-06-20, 03:07 PM
OK I'm an idiot!! I'm on the Outback Deserts and Tracks July 2020 trip which happens to start on the 11th of July. Sorry Jared got over excited about trips being on :-) Take me off the list please. Thanks.

JaredC
12-06-20, 03:51 PM
OK I'm an idiot!! I'm on the Outback Deserts and Tracks July 2020 trip which happens to start on the 11th of July. Sorry Jared got over excited about trips being on :-) Take me off the list please. Thanks.

All good mate, I had to change the dates due to commitments at home, I hope you enjoy the desert trip, I look forward to hearing all about it when you guys get back.

JaredC
12-06-20, 03:58 PM
We can now take a larger group on this trip, NSW Government has announced that you can have up to 20 people at a public gathering as of 13th June so I will now merge the 2 groups into 1 group.
Things are finally starting to get back to normal

RD0401
12-06-20, 05:51 PM
All good mate, I had to change the dates due to commitments at home, I hope you enjoy the desert trip, I look forward to hearing all about it when you guys get back.

Ah, that makes sense :-) . Was wondering how I double booked myself.

Khabbazeh
12-06-20, 09:10 PM
Hi Jared

I am little confused now about the final trip details, but interested in joining on the 11 of July if the trip is suitable for my car.

I have a WK2 overland with underbody protection. Tyres are AT but on the softer side (better for a dry day), and have done few trips already

If that works, count me plus a passenger in

Cheers
Khaled

JaredC
12-06-20, 11:33 PM
Hi Jared

I am little confused now about the final trip details, but interested in joining on the 11 of July if the trip is suitable for my car.

I have a WK2 overland with underbody protection. Tyres are AT but on the softer side (better for a dry day), and have done few trips already

If that works, count me plus a passenger in

Cheers
Khaled

Hi mate, this isn’t so much of a trip, we are more exploring what could be a future trip, we are going out to check track conditions and to find a beginners suited route, Baal bone used to be good for beginners but it has since been graded, so this is a reconnaissance day to inspect and plan for a future trip, if you are unsure if your vehicle will be suitable, Steve T is running a trip this Sunday the 14th which will be an easy trip, I don’t know what we will come across or the challenges we will be facing on the day. I’d recommend either going on Steve T’s trip or wait until we have an actual trip posted for this area, there will be more of a description and what to expect and it will be graded either easy or medium, I haven’t graded this due to the uncertainty of track conditions, I hope this helps if you still have any questions don’t hesitate to call me on the phone number listed above

Khabbazeh
13-06-20, 03:31 AM
Thanks Jared, I’ll wait out then for the next trip

skye
16-06-20, 03:06 PM
Hi can you put me down please skye and darnea black jk thanks

Jeepmuggle
16-06-20, 06:34 PM
Hi Jared,
11th July won't work for me - I'll be in Melbourne. Shame! At least you'll have space for two more on the 11th. Enjoy

JaredC
17-06-20, 12:45 PM
Hi Jared,
11th July won't work for me - I'll be in Melbourne. Shame! At least you'll have space for two more on the 11th. Enjoy

No worries mate, after this reccie there will be a trip in the near future out in that area, hopefully you can make it to that one

JaredC
17-06-20, 12:45 PM
Hi can you put me down please skye and darnea black jk thanks

Sure thing

JaredC
17-06-20, 12:50 PM
Trip is now full, we now have 10 vehicles coming.

Chris73
17-06-20, 08:35 PM
I have to pull out have problem with my Jeep and don’t think will have it fix for trip

JaredC
17-06-20, 08:50 PM
I have to pull out have problem with my Jeep and don’t think will have it fix for trip

No worries, thanks for letting me know

stevet
24-06-20, 12:01 AM
Hi Jared, saw your entry for Di’s trip on the 18th... Are you in for this trip??... You and Mel can jockey up with me if you want.... Let me know either way....

JaredC
24-06-20, 10:10 AM
Hi Jared, saw your entry for Di’s trip on the 18th... Are you in for this trip??... You and Mel can jockey up with me if you want.... Let me know either way....

As this is a reccie finding easier tracks I will be able to take the XJ, it’s got a winch on it but will help because if a stock xj can drive it, it will make it easier to determine if the trail is beginner suitable, just not ready to put it through killy loop yet

stevet
24-06-20, 04:51 PM
As this is a reccie finding easier tracks I will be able to take the XJ, it’s got a winch on it but will help because if a stock xj can drive it, it will make it easier to determine if the trail is beginner suitable, just not ready to put it through killy loop yet

Cool... See you there on the day.... Saturday 11/07....

richhenning
05-07-20, 03:15 PM
Hi Jared,
Please take me off the list, I won’t be able to make it after all.
cheers, Rich

JaredC
05-07-20, 08:40 PM
Hi Jared,
Please take me off the list, I won’t be able to make it after all.
cheers, Rich

No worries mate

Joe98
08-07-20, 05:49 PM
Jared,

The Zig Zag railway has a number of railway stations. One of them is named - Zig Zag Railway Station.
Another is named Clarence Railway Station. Adjacent to Clarence is a location named: "Zig Zag Historic Railway".
Which exactly is the meeting place?

See you Saturday
Joe

MalWilson
08-07-20, 07:46 PM
Kate
I am sorry for the late notice but Mal and Kim won’t be able to make this Saturday’s recce.
We are still keen for the trip to follow though.
Thanks

MalWilson
08-07-20, 07:48 PM
Sorry Jared, autocorrect strikes again [emoji30]

JaredC
08-07-20, 08:35 PM
Jared,

The Zig Zag railway has a number of railway stations. One of them is named - Zig Zag Railway Station.
Another is named Clarence Railway Station. Adjacent to Clarence is a location named: "Zig Zag Historic Railway".
Which exactly is the meeting place?

See you Saturday
Joe

We are meeting at the railway station just off of Chifley Road, I have included a google maps pin to help

Zig Zag Railway
840 Chifley Rd, Clarence NSW 2790
1300 944 924
https://goo.gl/maps/NzXaDkV7xMmTb1RM7

JaredC
08-07-20, 08:36 PM
Kate
I am sorry for the late notice but Mal and Kim won’t be able to make this Saturday’s recce.
We are still keen for the trip to follow though.
Thanks

No worries guys, hopefully I will be running a trip there in early August

Joe98
13-07-20, 08:59 PM
We had a great day thank you! I learnt that my 2 Door JL Sport, is more capable than l ever imagined! Without Steve's encouragement, I never would have tried those things!

stevet
16-07-20, 06:10 PM
Hi Joe, give yourself some credit.... You drove all the sections... We all need some spotting at times along the way...
Thanks Jared for a good day...:smile-new:...