PDA

View Full Version : What did you do for your Jeep Today?

Wooders
03-08-06, 10:55 PM
I came home with good intentions to work on them - but just didn't happen :oops:

sir_camel
03-08-06, 10:57 PM
I didn't drive it. It just sat there. I suppose you could say i gave it a day off?

Steve F
03-08-06, 11:03 PM
I measured up for some rockrails :)

Cheers
Steve

ACJ
04-08-06, 12:01 PM
I went past it and told it I hate it we aren't on speaking terms at the moment :evil:

smorison
04-08-06, 12:04 PM
my girlfriend and i ....

well it is my new truck ;)

Jeff
05-08-06, 11:28 AM
I decided to not take it 4wding, and save it from further breakages 8)

Wooders
06-08-06, 08:19 PM
Modified the fan shroud to suit the new radiator - both fitted today. And fitted a new (ie working) viscous coupling for the fan.
also started swpping BPE from broken shocki to new shockie - but then got a Beer call.....

Steve F
06-08-06, 09:30 PM
Today I started welding the rock rails together. Nearlyfinished :)

Cheers
Steve

Wooders
16-08-06, 01:23 PM
Last night - bolted the hardtop back on. Removed the 4 point harnesses and bolted the seat belts back in (well nearly finished).

sir_camel
16-08-06, 01:50 PM
Last night - bolted the hardtop back on. Removed the 4 point harnesses and bolted the seat belts back in (well nearly finished).

Readying for some social wheeling eh? ;)

I am going to do the opposite. Take the hardtop OFF and put the halftop ON.

Antz
16-08-06, 03:06 PM
I made a change to bikini top etc and splashed out on a new ball joint for the chassis end of my front track bar.

Steve F
16-08-06, 03:18 PM
I chucked the Maccas wrappers that were on the floor into the garbage before I drove to work.

I kinda started designing my rear bar and swing away carrier, although I should be working instead.

Cheers
Steve

MRGC
16-08-06, 06:03 PM
Me and the mechanic (cousin) spent all day removing the radiator, tommorow hopefully putting in the new one and replacing the radius arm bushes and if have time to go on friday to pick up and instal the 4way RTC steering damper.

Wooders
16-08-06, 11:30 PM

Readying for some social wheeling eh? ;)

That was the plan.....But got home from the orifice too late tonight....Just finished dinner at 9:30 and the next 2 hours online answering questns & phone calls.....dang it maybe the Jeep will get some TLC tomorow.....

TIGGER
17-08-06, 09:40 AM
I washed it, waxed it and put it up for sale :?

Jaffas
17-08-06, 11:53 AM
Drove it, parked it and walked away... will walk back to it at some stage...

sir_camel
18-08-06, 01:01 AM

Done today.

arb87u
18-08-06, 02:07 PM
adjusted my anti-rock to an even softer setting (2nd last hole) to test out on the ZZ trip this weekend. Oh and i cleaned the inside which was LONG over due :)

Dorzun
18-08-06, 03:07 PM
LIke most mornings walked out to the garage and cursed and swore at my three telling them they are the worse decsions I have ever made and how much they have cost me, then jumped in one and came to work.

wiz
18-08-06, 07:34 PM
adjusted my anti-rock to an even softer setting (2nd last hole) to test out on the ZZ trip this weekend. Oh and i cleaned the inside which was LONG over due :)

Sheesh d00d ...
i've got an overly tall lift and have never had it on anything but the softest setting :roll:

BUT today my POS got an oil change ...
dang it was black :shock:

Wooders
18-08-06, 11:16 PM
Seat belts are now in.
Changed the clutch slave - but still no clutch....looks like the pressure plate is caked :(

CDKJ
14-09-06, 01:42 PM
Yesterday(sorry) I bought a towbar from Jeep so the KJ is going to have a new friend :D
I've also booked it in for a lift next week :D :D :D , so the KJ is very happy, & the wife is not leaving me :lol: :)
ChrisD

jeepy
14-09-06, 02:00 PM
I installed (finally) some quick disconnects on the TJ yesterday. Now to get them dirty...

- matt

Cpage66
14-09-06, 06:23 PM
New front ring and pinion and new short side axle for it today...
Will be putting the new locker in the "Coke Can" in the next week or so!

Wooders
17-09-06, 09:14 PM
Had a spare hour today - so chucked the TJ on stands and ripped the T/case out.
Ran out of time to remove the tranny too - maybe tomorrow night....
(repairing a rooted clutch :()....

Outback
17-09-06, 09:48 PM
Put the KJ up on a floor jack and put a dial indicator on the lower ball joints..
0.85 mm on passenger side, 5 mm (dial only went up to 1 mm in 0.01mm so used the whole dial indicator body to check the drivers side "it's 5 mm thick") Car has only 22,000km on the clock and the front wheels don't spent a lot of time on the ground :D so I am quite surprised... The US service notes seem to indicate that the problem is related to water getting into the joint hence corrosion then wear.. Bullshit my baby has only been into the water once or twice and is less than 6 months old. It looks like a poorly designed ball joint that even lacks a lubrication point (probably been dry since new).
I will call the stealership tomorrow and request an audience.

Anonymous
18-09-06, 11:02 AM
3.5" lift on IFS maybe the problem!

Wooders
30-09-06, 10:05 PM
Trans mission out, new clutch in, transmission back in.
Tomorrow hopefully the tcase and get to strip & clean all my arm joints - woohoo what fun :oops:

Wooders
09-10-06, 04:07 PM
On the weekend the XJ got some TLC:
Replaced the Park/Neutral switch,
Replaced the passnger tail light assembly to match the drivers side (previous damage),
Repaired a damaged harness for trailer wiring,
Found resultant blown fuse which meant no reversing lights....which also interestingly prevents overdrive from working too (only on a Jeep ;)),
Drained & refilled the radiator (I've heated it up a few times towing heavy loads - and the old fluid looked more like coffee).

Any wrenching time is good wrenching time :)

Steve F
09-10-06, 04:16 PM
Finished the rock rails last week
Put some stair tread tape on them today to stop me slipping off and cracking my knees open
Washed it and emptied some of the rubbish out.

Cheers
Steve

ajeepb
12-10-06, 05:12 PM
Painted and installed rear Rockcrusher (courtesy of MrGC, TY), Changed engine oil and filter and replaced sump plug with a magnetic one. Checked/ Tightened susp. components from my 3.5" lift 2weeks ago. Cleaned all rubish n beer bottles out, damn build it up quick in a TJ... not much room to conceal it all :roll:

Anonymous
12-10-06, 06:33 PM
Painted and installed rear Rockcrusher (courtesy of MrGC, TY), Changed engine oil and filter and replaced sump plug with a magnetic one. Checked/ Tightened susp. components from my 3.5" lift 2weeks ago. Cleaned all rubish n beer bottles out, damn build it up quick in a TJ... not much room to conceal it all :roll:

Wher did you get the magnetic sump plug.

arb87u
12-10-06, 06:37 PM
last weekend

Installed Teraflex shock relocation kit
Install new panhard rod (whiteline)
Installed new axle hubs

Wooders
12-11-06, 02:05 PM
Curently ripping the 2" BL out of my TJ....Well actually I;m having a break right now - but it's what I've been doing all morning :lol:

Dorzun
13-11-06, 10:04 AM
Put the KJ up on a floor jack and put a dial indicator on the lower ball joints..
0.85 mm on passenger side, 5 mm (dial only went up to 1 mm in 0.01mm so used the whole dial indicator body to check the drivers side "it's 5 mm thick") Car has only 22,000km on the clock and the front wheels don't spent a lot of time on the ground :D so I am quite surprised... The US service notes seem to indicate that the problem is related to water getting into the joint hence corrosion then wear.. Bullshit my baby has only been into the water once or twice and is less than 6 months old. It looks like a poorly designed ball joint that even lacks a lubrication point (probably been dry since new).
I will call the stealership tomorrow and request an audience.

I've just got the third factory recall on them.

It's nearly 4 yeasrs old for god sake, Thought they'd have worked it out by now.

AussieCJ7
13-11-06, 07:17 PM
Curently ripping the 2" BL out of my TJ....Well actually I;m having a break right now - but it's what I've been doing all morning :lol:

Wooders you better have heard that crack sound :lol:

Start and FINISH one project at a time

The count down is on for CNP :twisted:

Dorzun
13-11-06, 07:56 PM
Start and FINISH one project at a time

Wooders, never.

Can you see it, Baby in one arm, wrench in the other slung half way into the engine bay trying to see out the corner of his eye for the nut he needs to undo

Outback
14-11-06, 09:03 PM
I gave my KJ a slightly overdue oil change nothing but the best Pennzoil Pt fully synthetic and a Mopar oil filter... Yes it was $21 and Ryco was $31 shock shock.. Dealership has finally replaced a leaking rear oil seal under waranty but it was only due to my pestering so that should qualify as doing something for the jeep.

Dave
11-12-06, 02:14 PM
Today I had two new DBA front brake rotors installed, to replace the wobbly Jeep originals (only lasted 19,500 kms). Last week it had the front lower ball joints replaced (as per KJ recall), and sometime soon (Jeep assures me BEFORE Christmas) I will have a new Torque Converter (as per recall for 2.8 diesel KJ's).

When will it end?

Dave.

sir_camel
11-12-06, 02:37 PM
I washed my TJ yesterday. And in the process discovered more problems with the bloody full doors i just bought.

The Jeep is now clean though....on the outside...

Steve F
12-12-06, 08:46 PM
Finished my bumper bar :)

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/Rear-Bar-and-Carrier/Rear_Bar_107.jpg

Cheers
Steve

Wooders
12-12-06, 11:55 PM
Mate that is awesome...Me? I just bought another Jeep instead ;)

Katana
13-12-06, 12:25 AM
That looks awsome!!!
I've put a new front bar on mine thanks to wooders and my mate (Dan). I'll post some pics as soon as the spotties are hooked up.

CDKJ
13-12-06, 01:19 PM
Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:46 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finished my bumper bar

Looks good Steve,
Are you making a bracket to hold the tyre? I see you have a pin on the bar.

CD

Steve F
13-12-06, 02:54 PM
Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:46 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finished my bumper bar

Looks good Steve,
Are you making a bracket to hold the tyre? I see you have a pin on the bar.

CD

Yep, the carrier will get made in the next few weeks hopefully, should be a little easier and I can do it as I get some spare time.

Cheers
Steve

Outback
14-12-06, 10:57 AM
Steve, thats looks like a stub axle for the hinge pin, are you going to use a wheel hub center for the swing-out?? With wheel bearings it would be super rigid.

Outback
14-12-06, 11:01 AM
Gave the KJ a wash and wax for the show and shine then it rained... Still took a few shots before the Chrismas party to prove that you should follow a landcruser or a Hummer up a narrow track if you want to keep the scratches to a minimum. :D
How do you cover up scratches??

Steve F
14-12-06, 02:05 PM
Steve, thats looks like a stub axle for the hinge pin, are you going to use a wheel hub center for the swing-out?? With wheel bearings it would be super rigid.

Yep, I have this for the hub, just need to make up and weld the arm to it :) It runs standard Holden bearings the lower one 36mm ID so it's pretty beefy.

http://www.4wdlinks.com.au/albums/Rear-Bar-and-Carrier/Rear_Bar_096.jpg

Cheers
Steve

CDKJ
15-12-06, 06:15 AM
My KJ is in for a treat today, 1yr service. So it's kind of a joint 1st B'day for me as Jeep owner & my KJ. It will get two presents today (other than a service) the first is a luggage barrier, which I like to call the cage (WWF style). Not saying the kids will hold a Royal Rumble in the back or anything. The second is a transfer case skid plate.

CD