PDA

View Full Version : Gday!

MudderTruker
13-10-20, 09:17 PM
Hello Jeepers!

My name is Mike and thanks for letting me join your forum!

I currently drive a 2012 Hilux ute but am waiting for the diesel Gladiator (JT). My wife has a Renegade Limited (not 4WD but she still takes it off-road and we pull her when needed :) ). I convinced my brother-in-law to get a Jeep and he bought a Cherokee Trailhawk (lifted and tyres ... so far!).

I used to have a fully loaded JK but sold it ... I know, I know! I needed a tow rig to drive son all over Aus doing Trophy Kart and MX racing.

Anyhoo ... I am really into camping and overlanding, although I do like ‘more spirited’ off-roading, I shy away from the worst (read best) tracks. Having said that, I am keen as muck to do Gun Shot (while I sit on my couch - hehehe).

Thanks again for letting me in and please don’t judge me too hard! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joe98
15-10-20, 11:17 PM
Welcome!
When you get the Gladiator, please show us a picture! What colour did you order?

Dru
16-10-20, 08:51 AM
Mike, have you come across Rod Tippet? Keen Jeeper and mad kart-er.

There is nothing wrong with a Hilux. I think as long as there is room on the trip log you’d be welcome on most appropriate trips (suggest C Grade). Just ask the trip leader if they can fit you in with the Hilux while you are waiting on the JT.

MudderTruker
26-10-20, 02:35 PM
Welcome!

Thank-you!!! :)

When you get the Gladiator, please show us a picture!

For sure! You try stop me putting pics up! :)

What colour did you order?

I am leaning towards the Firecracker Red

Mike, have you come across Rod Tippet? Keen Jeeper and mad kart-er.

I have not, not that I am aware of anyway. And to be honest, we are all mad! :)

There is nothing wrong with a Hilux. I think as long as there is room on the trip log you’d be welcome on most appropriate trips (suggest C Grade). Just ask the trip leader if they can fit you in with the Hilux while you are waiting on the JT.

AH right! Thanks!! I spoke to someone before about joining with a Hilux (while I wait for FCA to bring in the diesel) and they said "Jeeps only!" But I will make sure I keep an eye on trips if it is okay for me to bring the Hilux.

MudderTruker
26-10-20, 02:35 PM
Sorry for the delay in replying ... I thought I had replied, but it turns out, I didnt ... :)