PDA

View Full Version : 2021 Rubi Build

Steve F
12-11-20, 01:01 PM
So the time has come, with my youngest about to go to high school and her legs longer than her mum, to move on the 2 door Rubi and replace it with a 4 door. The order was placed today, it's a black2021 Rubicon with black leather interior (Rubicon luxury pack), the steel front bar and front facing camera (Trail pack) and a towbar. The Offroad+ option (debuted on the Mojave Gladiator and on the 2021 JL) will be interesting to try and looking forward to the factory standard (on 2021 models) 4 spare switches and wiring for accessories.

Delivery time is estimated end of Feb/March but I think this will make my Christmas list easier so there will probably parts posted here before the Jeep ;)

Hunno
12-11-20, 01:13 PM
Awesome, Selling the Shorty or Trading it?

Steve F
12-11-20, 02:18 PM
Awesome, Selling the Shorty or Trading it?

Selling I think, not overly keen on trading if I can help it.

Cheer
Steve

Dave
12-11-20, 02:57 PM
Awesome! Should not be much to build on this beast? Second battery??

Yeah, I know, as if :smile-new:

Dave

Steve F
16-11-20, 05:53 PM
First mod ordered, due in Feb so before the Jeep. No big hole to cut in the side so much prefer that, and has a low intake that can be opened up or blocked off as required if the main snorkel is off to lower the windscreen.

Joe98
16-11-20, 07:22 PM
I especially like the forward facing camera. It will be fantastic off road and also handy in a tight car park!

Steve F
03-12-20, 09:03 PM
So while I patiently wait I decide to order the plates, these are on hold for me. If anyone else in interested in a plate I found a few to choose from ;)

Steve F
30-12-20, 09:04 AM
The boxing day sales were too much to resist, picked up the XRS Connect 330COB pack for $120 off of RRP. Been eyeing this for a while now, does anyone else use the XRS Connect feature, bit gimmicky but really like the OLED displays they have on the mic and gets great reviews (and a 5 yr warranty). As an added bonus the antenna is black, to match the Rubi :)

Also ordered a Topsy mic bracket from the US, they make a RHD one and it means no drilling into the dash to mount the mic and allows a phone mount as well off the same bracket if needed (using a RAM mount). Not the cheapest way to mount a mic but if I go drilling holes in the dash I'm a dead man ;)

Cheers
Steve

Steve F
11-01-21, 10:11 PM
So with the JK sold some more bits for the JL are on the way, estimated build date is to start on 02/02 at the factory, so another 3 weeks before the build even begins and then on to me within the month hopefully.

Anyway, for the brake controller, so I can get the camper back out there, a Red Arc tow pro elite.

For the lighting a Stedi ST3303 Pro (18.4"), looked at lots of stuff but trying to avoid spotlights as they will block the front trail cam in the grill so went with a decent lightbar, lower profile than spots but excellent light output. Will mount directly to the factory steel bar and hopefully have minimal impact on the camera.

Lift will come after I have driven it for a bit and see what I need :)

Cheers
Steve