PDA

View Full Version : Lake Lyall trip

smorison
14-08-06, 12:25 PM
Hi,
heading up to lake lyall for the october long weekend.

the car when it gets there will still be stock height and not have a winch attached. is there anywhere it can be taken on its own without needing help and being relatively inexperienced.

thanks for your suggestions.

Steve F
14-08-06, 12:40 PM
Plenty of tracks you'll get around there with stock height and no winch. Some of the climbs can be tough especially if it's wet but you may just need to back down (although it can be a long way back). Around the pine forest is easy and there are also tracks around the lake where I've seen 4wd trips being run for softroaders. So basically, you should have no problems just walk the climbs before hand if you're unsure as it can get quite rutted out.

If you are very inexperienced it may be better to tag along on a club trip or something first to gain some confidence in what you and your vehicle can and cant do before you try anything too tough. But like I said there's plenty of stuff for the inexperienced up there.

Cheers
Steve

MRGC
15-08-06, 02:23 AM
Where is lake lyell?

Cpage66
15-08-06, 03:58 AM
Lithgow

MRGC
15-08-06, 11:05 AM
Is that where you left before the shell servo that has the carwash just when you enter lithgow.

smorison
15-08-06, 01:27 PM
yeah there's a servo / diner / carwash(?) at the turn off...
i haven't been up there in a few years and didn't have a 4wd back then...

Cpage66
15-08-06, 01:29 PM
Yeah, that's it...with the big green sign that says "Lake Lyell"