PDA

View Full Version : TRIP: Boat Harbour - 19th December

BenC
07-10-04, 12:32 PM
Trip: Boat Harbour/Kurnel

meeting point: "Volume Plus" servo just after Cronulla leagues club on Captain Cook Drive @ 9:30am.

contact Jason 0409 224 363

grade C with C+ options

entry fee $15

Please register your interest here or with Jason directly so he knows who's going

chrispy
08-10-04, 07:45 AM
$15.00 !!!!!!! Jeez... it was $10.00 last time I was there, and all the dunes were open! Are there ANY dunes left? I heard that they had closed the last one down for either or conservation reasons.

Is this place still worth going to? (apart from it being close to Sydney.....)

BenC
08-10-04, 12:17 PM
Geez mate, no need to wet blanket the trip. :roll: Sure it's not what it used to be, but it will still be a fun day out for stockers and those looking for a calm drive on a nice beach :)

chrispy
08-10-04, 12:28 PM
Geez mate, no need to wet blanket the trip. :roll: Sure it's not what it used to be, but it will still be a fun day out for stockers and those looking for a calm drive on a nice beach :)

True enough :? For those that haven't been on sand before, it'd be OK.

TIGGER
11-10-04, 09:47 AM
True it is a shadow of its former self, but boat harbour is still a decent drive if you know where to go :wink:

There are some decent water crossings if you like rust - and there are actually some rutted sections that are fun to play in as well as a few rocks to pose on.

Either way, it's only 10 mins from my house so it's the closest 4wding i got.

You would have to make a day of it though and relax on the beach etc - or everyone might get bored.

-Jase

Wooders
11-10-04, 11:43 AM
Thing to take:
Fishing rod, BBQ, BodyBoard & long ski rope :twisted:

wiz
11-10-04, 12:43 PM
True it is a shadow of its former self, but boat harbour is still a decent drive if you know where to go :wink:

There are some decent water crossings if you like rust - and there are actually some rutted sections that are fun to play in as well as a few rocks to pose on.

Either way, it's only 10 mins from my house so it's the closest 4wding i got.

Not having been there myself in ages ....
are you willing to lead this trip Jase ?

Was initailly thinking of meeting at the Servo(can't remember what it is) near Sharky Park Footy Stadium at about 9:30/10:00am ....
that way we can fuel up , get ice , munchies etc

TIGGER
11-10-04, 01:32 PM
Was initailly thinking of meeting at the Servo(can't remember what it is) near Sharky Park Footy Stadium at about 9:30/10:00am .... that way we can fuel up , get ice , munchies etc

Yeah, there is a budget servo just a bit further up captain cook drive past shark park.

Sounds like a good place to meet.

There really isn't much to Boat harbour so i'll just point out a few of the fun spots if you want, but would be happy to lead it if you dont want to. 8)

BenC
11-10-04, 01:59 PM
Sweet, I've updated Jason as the trip leader. Should be a nice relaxing day 4WDing for a change :P

TIGGER
23-10-04, 06:53 PM
Sweet, I've updated Jason as the trip leader. Should be a nice relaxing day 4WDing for a change :P

OK, i went out there today to check it out, and i got stuck - bad!

Most of it has been flattened out recently :? So i was having fun climbing the barriers made by the bulldozers.... not smart.

The result was 2 front wheels in the air at above head height, and one jeep burried to the doors :twisted:

The fact that my rear bar was being repaired meant i had no recovery point on the rear. So 2 after hours of digging and with 4 guys jumping up and down in the back of the jeep, i finally got free. MY front driveshaft toatally stripped of paint from spinning in the hot sand.

Apart from that, if it is low tide, there are some large rocks on the point, that i had a lot of fun climbing on, awesome spot for photos.

Anyway, should be a cruisy day (if everyone has recovery points :roll:) .

Meeting at "Volume Plus" servo just after Cronulla leagues club on Captain Cook dr. @ 9:30am.

More info closer to the date.

Sorry for the poor pic on the rocks, but it was taken with my phone.

http://210.10.49.162/albums/album12/Picture_2.jpg

TIGGER
02-12-04, 01:32 PM
Ben can you add this to the original post

meeting point: "Volume Plus" servo just after Cronulla leagues club on Captain Cook Drive @ 9:30am.

contact Jason 0409 224 363

grade C with C+ options

things to bring Sunscreen, hat, esky, flotation device, recovery gear, camera, kite, waterski rope

entry fee $15

Would be good to start getting some numbers sorted - so if you're interested in a fun drive along the beach either let me know here or give me a call.

-Jase[/b]

BenC
02-12-04, 01:36 PM
Updated.

I'll probably come to this one, but will be meeting up with you guys after I finish training. I'm assuming you'll be there still at around 12/1pm

TIGGER
02-12-04, 01:37 PM
Updated.

I'll probably come to this one, but will be meeting up with you guys after I finish training. I'm assuming you'll be there still at around 12/1pm

I sure will be, gotta get your money's worth :lol:

TIGGER
10-12-04, 01:10 PM
Ok guys - this trip is next week - who's coming?

Dorzun
10-12-04, 01:16 PM
Because I've had to pull out of thisa and I'll be too drunk from my chrissy party next friday I'll be a starter for this one. It'll be the last chance to get the CJ out before Xmas.

BenC
10-12-04, 01:31 PM
Yep I'll meet you guys there just after lunch time. I'll look for you on Channel 15 UHF

TIGGER
10-12-04, 03:03 PM
OK so at the moment we have

Wiz
Chris
Francesco
CJ Brad
Jeff

Maddog(?)
Billsta(?)
Wooders(?)

Ring ins:
Dean (80 Series Cruiser)
Ian (Prado)
Andy (Patrol)

Come on guys, should be a nice relaxing trip. 8)

Jeff
10-12-04, 10:24 PM
Put me down as a possibility. Really need to get the jeep offroad again.

wiz
13-12-04, 01:02 PM
Hey Jase , you can put me down as starter for this trip :wink:

given that it's on a Sunday should mean no excuses for me backing out :roll:

Cpage66
13-12-04, 02:30 PM
Dang it...Got a massive stocktake to finish up this weekend... :cry:

Wooders
13-12-04, 07:22 PM
Leave me as a (?).....
The TJ is running again now - Friday is photo shoot 8)
But we MIGHt be going away for the weekend to sip beer in the shoalhaven 8) 8)

Dorzun
14-12-04, 12:00 PM
well I can say I am a definate starter, under wifes oprders to get out and have some fun.

TIGGER
14-12-04, 12:04 PM
great news brad - shaping up to be a fun day 8)

BenC
14-12-04, 08:51 PM
I may have to pull out of this :?

Will let you know Jason.

chrispy
14-12-04, 09:09 PM
Jenny's working... so I guess I'll get to see what open diffs are like on sand.....

billsta
14-12-04, 11:24 PM
i might be able to make it..
if i can it would be either a TJ or a TJ tag along wtih a WJ..
not sure yet..
will let you knw later

TIGGER
15-12-04, 09:34 AM
Jenny's working... so I guess I'll get to see what open diffs are like on sand.....

UNless you go looking for it, it's rare that you'll encounter and soft sand like there is at stockton - I saw a Holden cruz (sp?) out there last time, he got all the way out to the beach before he had to get towed back!

I usually see at least 5 - 10 jeeps out there, so this will be a good chance to promote the club.

chrispy
15-12-04, 11:09 AM

UNless you go looking for it, it's rare that you'll encounter and soft sand like there is at stockton - I saw a Holden cruz (sp?) out there last time, he got all the way out to the beach before he had to get towed back!

I usually see at least 5 - 10 jeeps out there, so this will be a good chance to promote the club.

Yeah... you'tr right Jase. Stockton sand is waayyyyy softer in general. Boat Harbour is well-packed in comparison. It will be interesting trying to get up through the little bumpy tracks in between the scrub though.....

TIGGER
15-12-04, 12:22 PM
I've also got a stock Prado and Patrol coming, plus a mildly lifted 80 Series, you have to come chris so you can convince my brother to sell his 80 series and buy a grand :lol:

chrispy
15-12-04, 12:34 PM
I've also got a stock Prado and Patrol coming, plus a mildly lifted 80 Series, you have to come chris so you can convince my brother to sell his 80 series and buy a grand :lol:

LOL!! I know that I could sell him the engine, but let's see what the four independantly-spun wheels and silly cross-member do in the sand!

TIGGER
17-12-04, 02:22 PM
Sunday : Chance afternoon/evening shower/storm. Gusty N/NW winds
ahead of a southerly change in the evening. 34 degrees!

Guys just beware that it might rain on the way home so if you're coming toppless (the jeep that is) make sure you have something to keep you dry!

Cpage66
17-12-04, 05:53 PM
Looks like I might be back on for this...

sir_camel
18-12-04, 04:18 PM
I am a maybe. If i turn up i am there if i dont turn up dont wait for me.

Cpage66
18-12-04, 05:44 PM
Yippeee...I'll see ya'll at 0930.

chrispy
18-12-04, 09:33 PM
Hey guys... if I'm not there by 9:30 - I won't be coming either. After the last trip to Cabbage Tree I've got a few vibrations, and noticed that the exhaust has fallen off the first hanger this arvo. I have been running around like this for a few days now, and I think that the pipe needs to be bent back into position and re-hung before I go anywhere offroad.

I'll see what happens.....

Cheers
Chris

sir_camel
19-12-04, 08:25 AM
i am coming....see u in an hour

Cpage66
19-12-04, 04:26 PM
http://210.10.49.162/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album99

Pics...

wiz
19-12-04, 05:57 PM
thanx to all those attended :D , and Jase in particular for leading the trip :wink: , was good to have a cruisey day out by the coast ....
Cheers 2 SirCamel 4 rescueing me from the only rock in the dunes :oops: ... :lol:
checking out the punani weren't bad either 8O .... 8)
At least my heep survived being put in the classifieds :mrgreen: ... for now at least :roll:

nice pics Chris(Cpage66) :mrgreen: .... ours will probably be up some time 2moro :D ...
so where are the other "Coast Pose-Fest" pics peoples :?

chrispy
19-12-04, 06:12 PM
Guys - Please don't forget to put them up in the gallery on this site too.................

I've created a new album.

Cheers
Chris

TIGGER
19-12-04, 06:21 PM
Thanks guys, i had a great day - although we didnt end up doing all that much sand driving! Seemed we all got a bit carried away with the poser shots!

I have a few hundred pics, i'll sort through them and post tomorrow.

Antz
19-12-04, 07:05 PM
Where are the wheeling pics? looks like a bunch of posers :P

Did you guys get caught in the storm?

Who owns the paint on the rock? looks a bit 'camelish' to me :wink:

Cpage66
19-12-04, 07:08 PM
No Antz...it's a nice "Bradish Blue". The KJ kissed a rock a little hard and he left the front left driving light behind...

sir_camel
20-12-04, 01:12 AM
Where are the wheeling pics? looks like a bunch of posers :P

Did you guys get caught in the storm?

Who owns the paint on the rock? looks a bit 'camelish' to me :wink:

Hey i am done with painting rocks these days.

My pics are up here - http://210.10.49.162/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=BoatHarbour191204

Can you use the gallery remote program to upload the pics to the SJC site gallery? Just coz it makes it heaps easier. Do you know if we can Chrispy?

sir_camel
20-12-04, 01:14 AM
Oh and sorry to Steve for calling you Peter all day. Bit confused there i was.

Dorzun
20-12-04, 08:52 AM
I thought I'd be able to load them onto the puter at work but it won't let me so you'll have to wait for tonight for mine.

Tell you what , it's not the place it was ten years ago.

TIGGER
20-12-04, 09:45 AM
Tell you what , it's not the place it was ten years ago.

It's not the place it was 6 months ago - even i was surprised at how much they had graded

Dorzun
20-12-04, 10:56 AM
No Antz...it's a nice "Bradish Blue". The KJ kissed a rock a little hard and he left the front left driving light behind...

and that little kiss could cost me $400.00 bucks to fix if I cannot find an option for the lights.

Just got off the phone from jeep who qouted me $390 for the bloody thing. The problem id the shape and wether I can get something else in it's place.

BenC
20-12-04, 12:04 PM
Nice relaxing wheeling trip. Thanks Jason for running it.

Will have to check out the pics from you guys, as I forgot my camera! 8O 8O

BenC
20-12-04, 12:07 PM
Hey Camel, can you email me a high res pic of my car parked up on that rock please?

8)

chrispy
20-12-04, 12:08 PM
What is it with you guys parking on rocks? :?

:)

Jaffas
20-12-04, 12:15 PM
Can you use the gallery remote program to upload the pics to the SJC site gallery? Just coz it makes it heaps easier. Do you know if we can Chrispy?

Yes you can... just set it up as another location, and when you run the gallery remote program, you just choose to log in to SJC instead of the other one... you can set up many locations... well, of places that use the gallery program.

Cpage66
20-12-04, 12:57 PM
and that little kiss could cost me $400.00 bucks to fix if I cannot find an option for the lights.

Just got off the phone from jeep who qouted me $390 for the bloody thing. The problem id the shape and wether I can get something else in it's place.

Do what I did when I went over and visited the folks in July...Bring too much crap back with ya'll in the suitcase. That light should be tons cheaper at the stealerships in Cali or Nevada...

wiz
20-12-04, 08:28 PM
here are some pics that Rach took on the w/end ....

http://210.10.49.162/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=BoatHarbour19thDec04

they are a little black jeep biased though :lol:

sir_camel
21-12-04, 12:45 AM
Will put some of mine inot the SJC Gallery soon too. For some reason it fails alot doing them manually.

chrispy
21-12-04, 07:06 AM
Will put some of mine inot the SJC Gallery soon too. For some reason it fails alot doing them manually.

Mark - Sorry - haven't had time to investigate the GR application yet.

When you say that "it fails a lot doing them manually"... what fails? At what stage? It seems to work for me OK, but my login is as superuser.

Dorzun
21-12-04, 09:28 AM
some farker has infected my machine and I cannot get on the net at home. Some so called anti virus virus program has taken over the machine so as soon as I can fix it, probably Xmas day. I'll upload mine.

sir_camel
21-12-04, 09:41 AM

Mark - Sorry - haven't had time to investigate the GR application yet.

When you say that "it fails a lot doing them manually"... what fails? At what stage? It seems to work for me OK, but my login is as superuser.

When i say it fails it sometimes just keeps going and never ends the upload progress as if it gets stuck somewhere. Doesnt do it everytime, but probably about every 2nd time. Might be a problem at my end tho as well coz no one elese saeems to have these issues.

TIGGER
21-12-04, 03:44 PM
i can't upload - same symptoms as sir camel - but once i reduce my file sizes manually it works

chrispy
21-12-04, 05:48 PM
8O

I'll look into it!

Cheers
Chris

Dorzun
21-12-04, 08:50 PM
ok, I've uploaded some of the pics I took and will upload the rest later.

TIGGER
22-12-04, 01:10 PM
i've just uploaded some of my pics too