PDA

View Full Version : Queensland Jeep Jamboree - who from SJC is going?

JPLyn
04-09-06, 05:01 PM
Even though I know not many jeepers are going from SJC ... thought we should start a post on it, just so for those of us who are going know who else to look out for ...

Those who I know are attending so far from SJC:
Mr Hickey (and maybe the family) in the KJ
Neil in the J10
The Corazol's in the full-size
Mark & Lyn in the TJ

anyone else ?

Steve F
04-09-06, 05:14 PM
I wish I was :(

Have fun all those that do.

Cheers
Steve

ann
28-09-06, 08:30 AM
Ben and Troy left this morning. Watch out Queensland :)

JPLyn
03-10-06, 12:29 PM
Watch out Qld indeed!!! The boys were in form ;)

The jamboree was absolutely fantastic (well the showers and loos were are bit iffy but even that wasn't too bad) .. tracks were great, weather was kind to us (lucky we didn't arrive a day earlier when they had 4 storms in a row that evening ... eek!), there were jeeps everywhere.

Luck was on our side ... we absolutely cleaned up in the winning stakes!
I won the overall female for gymkhana and got a nice little trophy plus jeep picnic set, coffee mug, cap, 5 litres of oil.
From a lucky draw we won our entry to the jamboree back!
From another lucky draw we won a jeep emergency kit
And from raffle tickets that Mark bought, we won a massive big red tool box thingy on wheels (kincrome) ... took a lot of work to fit that into the camper for the ride home and really added to the weight, but its very impressive!!

We will bring the little bit of video we took to this wed's meeting and bring out little tele too for those who are interested. I took a couple of pics with new camera, but havent had time to read any instructions yet nor loaded sw onto my thinkpad, so that might take a few days before I can post them.

Its got us thinking about the next jambo that SJC should host! and me wanting to buy the newest grand after seeing it on the trails.

Cpage66
03-10-06, 01:28 PM
If I had gone I probably would have won a pair of socks or a tie... :evil:

Steve F
03-10-06, 01:37 PM
Sounds like you guys had a great time, especially cant complain with all those raffle prizes :) Looking forward to seeing some video.

Cheers
Steve

sir_camel
03-10-06, 06:45 PM
No boom box though Mark?

JPLyn
03-10-06, 09:02 PM
Funnily enough they ran a slient auction. One of the items was a boom box! When we looked at the list it was up to $130!

JPLyn
04-10-06, 11:11 AM
Posted some pics on the club photos section ... not as many as I would have liked, but new camera and still awaiting on the bigger memory card.

CDKJ
04-10-06, 01:42 PM
Nice pics JPLyn,
I like the tyres on the old army jeep (the one with the gun?), It looks like it was a good turn out. Good work on the prize pool, it never hurts to have a few nice surprises. :)
CD