PDA

View Full Version : Menai Cleanup on 23rd of Sept

CDKJ
11-09-06, 01:39 PM
I'm going to attend the Menai Cleanup on the 23rd of this month. I've not been on one before & want to know if anyone is planning on attending.

ChrisD :D

sir_camel
11-09-06, 03:07 PM
I am a potential. Not 100% as yet though.

Cpage66
11-09-06, 03:26 PM
I'm gonna try...About 95% right now.

jeepy
11-09-06, 03:41 PM
I have booked the day out ...

As long as I am not behind in Uni work I'll be there.

Hopefully I'll have my disconnects installed by then too :)

- Matt

MRGC
11-09-06, 05:56 PM
Are you getting it from wooders?

jeepy
11-09-06, 06:42 PM
Yeah Wooders fixed me up a few weeks ago, just need to find the time to put them on.

You know how it is, between the wife, work, uni, the boys and some sleep there isnt much time (boo hoo)

Maybe this weekend they will make it on. Stuffed if I'm going to crawl under the car with a spanner and socket again :)

- matt

CDKJ
12-09-06, 01:02 PM
Sounds like a few member are going which is great, I'm working on the wife to let me get a lift & a tow bar next week for the KJ.
She seem's to be slowly coming around so fingers crossed, it could be an early xmas.
Chris :D

JPLyn
13-09-06, 12:46 PM
Here's a tip for getting 'approval'.

When Mark first got his jeep ('97) our first 4wd outing was to the snowy region for the Jeep Roundup. I think Mark had put slightly bigger tyres (read: 31's) and removed some plastic .. not much else. When we got there there was a couple of other lifted /bigger tyre jeeps (low key in terms of what jeepers are doing these days, but they looked good) and I was like your jeep doesn't look as good as theirs. Mark was thrilled - licence to spend money (of course I had no idea how much that kind of stuff cost!, its really best not to mention that!). We keep separate bank accounts so its not really something he needs to get my go head on, but some sort of 'support/approval' is always good :wink:

So just put your jeep with a lifted one with a few of the other bells and whistles you want :D

CDKJ
13-09-06, 07:05 PM
Good advice JPLyn,
I didn't need to act on it, it's booked in at Overkill next week for the lift & fit + I picked the towbar kit up from Jeep today. :D Anything that helps reduce the chance of damage to our Jeep get's some attention. To bad they don't give the stuff away
ChrisD

Dorzun
16-09-06, 10:23 AM
Hey CD,

Make sure you wave. I am guessing you are getting the skyjacker set up that I was cal;led to check shock clearances etc about.

Make sure you wave in the traffic. You won't miss me, Mines the blue KJ with the Skyjacker stickers all over it.

jenko
16-09-06, 06:32 PM
Hey Brad you forgot to mention your BLING BLING rims as well :D

CDKJ
16-09-06, 07:10 PM
So that's you Drozun, my wife came home about a week ago & said there was a jacked up Blue KJ at Coles Asquith. I'm getting the OME lift, do you do business with Overkill Engineering :?:
CD
So whats the BLING BLING rims like 8)

stevet
16-09-06, 10:54 PM
See you guy's there.Can only stay till 1.00.p.m. :roll:

Dorzun
17-09-06, 09:58 AM
So that's you Drozun, my wife came home about a week ago & said there was a jacked up Blue KJ at Coles Asquith. I'm getting the OME lift, do you do business with Overkill Engineering :?:
CD
So whats the BLING BLING rims like 8)

Yep, that's mine. My wife must have been up doing the shopping at the the time.

Do all my bussiness with Sam and the boy's. He's bringing back my trashed TJ today from doen the snowies.

Just recently picked up an XJ for the next project that I should get started on around xmas. Just trying to decide what I am going to do.

Rims are OK, would have been better had the guy I got them from remembered they had spacers :evil: :lol: :D and I would have had less trimming to do.

jenko
17-09-06, 12:19 PM
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

sir_camel
17-09-06, 01:35 PM
I am a potential. Not 100% as yet though.

Looking like i am possibly out now. Jeep is a bit broken and not too keen to take it offroad till i fix it in a few weeks. Will keep people posted.

jeepy
18-09-06, 09:50 AM
I am in 100%

Looks like this cleanup may actually go ahead (touch wood) ...

Monday - 27, Sunny
Tuesday - 28, Sunny
Wednesday - 23, Partly Cloudy
Thursday - 25, Mostly Sunny
Friday - 28, Partly Cloudy
Saturday - 24, Partly Cloudy

What time and where are we meeting?

Outback
18-09-06, 10:17 AM
I'm going to attend the Menai Cleanup on the 23rd of this month. I've not been on one before & want to know if anyone is planning on attending.

ChrisD :D

See you there providing I can get a lower ball joint B4 then.

Brian

CDKJ
18-09-06, 11:43 AM
I'm not sure where to meet as I've not been there, perhaps someone knows of a servo or somethng in Holsworthy. I've been to PMP Print which is on Heathcote Rd (Moorebank side of the M5) but I can't remember a servo.

Is 8.30am time enough to get to the gate or should it be earlier :?:

I like the forcast Jeepy :D

ChrisD

sir_camel
18-09-06, 02:12 PM
830 gives you lots of time.

We normally meet on Heathcote Rd near Gate 6 (park on side of the road). I would tee up a spot to meet but i think i am going to be a no show.

stevet will hopefully pipe up and let everyone know.

jeepy
18-09-06, 02:17 PM
Somewhere on Heathcote Rd close to the entry would be good, as there are people coming from both directions (Liverpool and Sutherland).

stevet
20-09-06, 02:17 AM
If you come via Liverpool, Gate 6 is about a half a K past from where most of the motorbike rider's park there cars/traillers for the day on the left
We meet at 8.30a.m. on the road by the entry gate to sign on at 9.00a.m
When you get close use Ch.15 on your CB to contact but you should see the Jeeps :D

Dorzun
20-09-06, 02:14 PM
I may be going (not that I'm SJC anymore) and if I do CD I'll let you know and you can follow me over.

jeepy
20-09-06, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the clarification Steve, will see you there.

CDKJ
20-09-06, 08:09 PM
[I may be going (not that I'm SJC anymore) and if I do CD I'll let you know and you can follow me over.]

I can't get the nice little white box going :cry:

Sounds good Dorzun, send me a PM when you know for sure.

"Outback" did you get the ball joint :?:

CDKJ
20-09-06, 08:16 PM
Picked the KJ up from Overkill this afternoon :D :D The drive home was great, so I can wait till I can get it on some dirt this weekend.

Love the lift, It's sitting just under 3" :lol: :lol: :lol: , they told me it would settle but I hope not. :lol: :lol:

8) 8)

jeepy
21-09-06, 10:28 AM
Great news CD, look forward to seeing some KJ action on Saturday :)

arb87u
21-09-06, 01:37 PM
i might make this cleanup, about 80% atm.

sir_camel
21-09-06, 01:39 PM
i am out :(

arb87u
21-09-06, 03:59 PM
what a shame SC, would have been good to go wheeling with you again :)

CDKJ
21-09-06, 07:12 PM
Great news CD, look forward to seeing some KJ action on Saturday

Yes, me too Jeepy. See you on Sat.
CD
(Got the white box thing going :lol: )

Outback
21-09-06, 08:04 PM
The KJ lower ball joint has been Accessed as "SAFE" by the local stealership so I will be heading down to Menai this weekend... does anyone have a car trailer!... Touch wood I won't need it, the new joint is still four weeks away..

jeepy
21-09-06, 08:25 PM
Steve (someone??) - do I need my club membership card to sign on at the cleanup? Mine seems to be taking a few months longer than expected to turn up.

I would hate to get knocked back because I don't have it.

Thanks in advance :)

sir_camel
22-09-06, 12:27 AM
No you don't need your card. I can try chase up your membership #. Send me a PM with your last name matt so i can chase it up for you.

sir_camel
22-09-06, 12:28 AM
what a shame SC, would have been good to go wheeling with you again :)
yea...jeep is just too broken. give me a week or two and all will be good again

jeepy
22-09-06, 11:33 AM
Thanks SC, sent you PM.

Shame you can't make it though. Hope TJ gets better soon :)

arb87u
22-09-06, 02:00 PM
just heard that sydney is on extreme fire alert for the weekend.....

arb87u
22-09-06, 02:04 PM
looks like menai is in the clear

it is for the following areas

Southern Riverina Fire Area:

Berrigan
Conargo
Corowa
Deniliquin
Jerilderie
Murray
Urana
Wakool

Northern Riverina Fire Area:

Carrathool
Griffith
Hay
Leeton
Murrumbidgee
Narrandera

South Western Fire Area:
Balranald
Wentworth

jeepy
23-09-06, 11:06 PM
Thanks for a great day out guys. Special thanks to Steve for showing some of us newbies around.

Here are the pick of the nearly 100 photos taken on my camera during the day ... http://picasaweb.google.com/finichio/MenaiCleanup

See some of you all next weekend :)

arb87u
23-09-06, 11:23 PM
Good day out guys. here are the pics from my cam but only 17 of them :)

http://www.aussiejeepimages.com/gallery2/v/WarrenG/Menai+Cleanup+23_09_06/

sir_camel
23-09-06, 11:25 PM
Nice pics. Was a top day to be out wheeling with the roof off.

Cpage66
23-09-06, 11:36 PM
Looks like a great day guys!
Flip over to AJOR in the Grand section and see what the Prez and Vice Prez were up to today... :lol:

CDKJ
24-09-06, 08:18 PM
Great day out guys, and thanks for the guidance Steve. Who'd have thought a cleanup could be so much fun. The lift was worth sure worth it 8)

CD

stevet
25-09-06, 12:23 PM
Hi Folk's,
Thank's to all who attended the Clean-up on Sat. Yes it was fun! wasn't it :D Chris, glad you enjoyed it,( what did your other half think of the two tone colour scheme ? ), & Jeepy, how did track No.8 look in the day with Warren ?. I will get some pic's up tonight when my comp/tech. get's home from school :roll: . I'll do a trip report as well ( but be WARNED!!??- It may contain an unusual image or two ???? :wink: 8O )

jeepy
25-09-06, 12:53 PM
No8 was great, A little more demanding in some places, there was also a lot more tree cover so the sun burn didn't get too bad :) Much more suitable for 4 wheels as apposed to the open clay tracks of No 6. Although the track down to the beach and the branch off the side were quite nice!

Looking forward to doing it at night, will add that pleasant element of surprise to the trip.

Unusual pics?? You have my attention ... 8) !!

- matt

CDKJ
25-09-06, 01:31 PM
Hey Steve,
She liked the 2 tone so much we went straight to the car wash :o , she was just glad to see it in one piece :)
I will look out for the new pics.

CD

stevet
25-09-06, 09:51 PM
Here is the link the my photos from the Menai Clean-up

http://www.aussiejeepimages.com/gallery2/v/SteveT/SteveT/

:)

Cheers Stephen