PDA

View Full Version : Site Bugs

BenC
26-08-04, 10:01 PM
When you get an email notifying you of a new private message, and you click on the URL in the email to get to the message, it comes up with an error saying the page does not exist.

chrispy
26-08-04, 10:02 PM
Hmmm.... still a few bugs left..... Cheers! :)

BenC
26-08-04, 10:17 PM
Ohh I worked out why.. the email is telling you to go to http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/etc/etc/etc

once this site goes up on the proper address it should work.

Antz
27-08-04, 08:06 PM
Not a bug but an observation.

On the calender, the current day is highlighted red (I presume as have only been here 1 day!) Under "Event Types" Club Meeting - Official is marked as red, could be confusing. Or is there a meeting tonight :lol:

BenC
27-08-04, 08:33 PM
It's the secret 'should we boot antz out of SJC coz his camera is too good' meeting :lol:

Antz
27-08-04, 09:06 PM
So when are you getting one? Canon are about to release a new DSLR the EOS20D which looks good.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0408/04081909canon_eos20d.asp

BenC
27-08-04, 09:10 PM
hmm the Canon looks good.. Umm we decided that we'd get a new one as a Xmas pressie to eachother this year.. So another few more months to wait yet..

Mine will have to do me until then :)

chrispy
28-08-04, 08:22 AM
Not a bug but an observation.

On the calender, the current day is highlighted red (I presume as have only been here 1 day!) Under "Event Types" Club Meeting - Official is marked as red, could be confusing. Or is there a meeting tonight :lol:

Good pickup Ant. I've changed the current day header colour to that of the day of the week header cells. Looks much more natural now.

Thanks!

Chris

AussieCJ7
22-09-04, 09:30 AM
If you dont log in on the first page but try to log in from the forum you get

Not Found
The requested URL /modules/Forums/modules.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

AussieCJ7
22-09-04, 02:48 PM
Blue and black default colour for profile editing doesnt work well

The Beridale trip takes you back to the testing server and then causes some dead links ( I am sure you already know if this one Chris)

chrispy
22-09-04, 02:49 PM
The Beridale trip takes you back to the testing server and then causes some dead links ( I am sure you already know if this one Chris)

Yeah - picked up that this morning.... try it now.

JP_Mark
28-09-04, 10:32 PM
I get a stack of these on my pages: (up the top)

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sydjeep/public_html/themes/Kaput/theme.php:256) in /home/sydjeep/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 529

is this just me???

chrispy
29-09-04, 06:21 AM
I get a stack of these on my pages: (up the top)

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sydjeep/public_html/themes/Kaput/theme.php:256) in /home/sydjeep/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 529

is this just me???

Probably Mark! ;)

Can you tell me what operating system you're using, and what browser version you're running?

Cheers
Chris

TIGGER
14-10-04, 09:40 AM
I get this at the top of every page.... but i am using safari and OSX...

doesn't appear with IE

[Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sydjeep/public_html/themes/Kaput/theme.php:256) in /home/sydjeep/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 529

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sydjeep/public_html/themes/Kaput/theme.php:256) in /home/sydjeep/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 531

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/sydjeep/public_html/themes/Kaput/theme.php:256) in /home/sydjeep/public_html/includes/page_header.php on line 532]

chrispy
14-10-04, 10:00 AM
What version of OSX and Safari are you using Jase? At work, it works fine for me under Safari. Do you have any wierd corporate proxies or anything that might be getting in the way?

Cheers
Chris

TIGGER
14-10-04, 10:23 AM
I'm running an older version of OSX...... 10.28

Safari 1.0.3 (v85.8)

Maybe it's time to update :lol:

No crazy corporate proxies.... i'm a one man show these days 8)

Jaffas
18-10-04, 12:35 PM
Currently my computer (at work) says it is the 18 Oct (which it is... being monday and all), but the calender preview on the left of this screen is still telling me it is the 17th and Menai cleanup is on... wish were still, cos I had fun, but I is bored at work

Looks like something somewhere is a bit time disoriented...

chrispy
18-10-04, 12:49 PM
Currently my computer (at work) says it is the 18 Oct (which it is... being monday and all), but the calender preview on the left of this screen is still telling me it is the 17th and Menai cleanup is on... wish were still, cos I had fun, but I is bored at work

Jaffas - YOU WIN THE PRIZE :)

I was wondering how long it might take for someone to pick up on it. Yeah - the calendar function's time management is separate from the forum sections - and relies on the local time of the server on which it runs. In this case - it's Washington DC time.

There are many discussions over how to adjust this in PHP, but all the suggestions people have tried to adjust the reported time just don't work. I'm trying to keep on top of a fix.

AussieCJ7
18-10-04, 12:55 PM
Hey Chris

I get those errors at home but not from work in both cases using mozilla

Iam 99% sure that is is the firewall (nortons internet security) that is causing the problem

I just need a bit of time to sit down and prove the theroy so other that are having this problem are you running a software based firewall ?

chrispy
18-10-04, 01:09 PM
David - the site is hosted in the USA. No idea what type of firewall they are using.... they are big though - so I presume it's a reasonably high-performance one. Maybe even one of your Cisco jobbies.......

AussieCJ7
18-10-04, 04:23 PM
David - the site is hosted in the USA. No idea what type of firewall they are using.... they are big though - so I presume it's a reasonably high-performance one. Maybe even one of your Cisco jobbies.......

I mean the users software firewall :)

it is rare that a hardware firewall causes too many application errors they either let it all through cause it meets a rule or block it all not just little parts of them

users software firewalls on the other hands are a pretty wierd beast

Jaffas
19-10-04, 11:28 AM

Jaffas - YOU WIN THE PRIZE :)

I was wondering how long it might take for someone to pick up on it. Yeah - the calendar function's time management is separate from the forum sections - and relies on the local time of the server on which it runs. In this case - it's Washington DC time.

There are many discussions over how to adjust this in PHP, but all the suggestions people have tried to adjust the reported time just don't work. I'm trying to keep on top of a fix.

YAY!! Go me :D:D

sir_camel
19-10-04, 12:06 PM
Any reason why there is a jambo convoy in calender for wed 20th october?

Is this a cheap shot at myself guessing i will have to leave now to hopefully get my jeep to QLD for next yr? :P

Jaffas
20-10-04, 12:28 PM
Any reason why there is a jambo convoy in calender for wed 20th october?

Is this a cheap shot at myself guessing i will have to leave now to hopefully get my jeep to QLD for next yr? :P

hehehe :lol: :lol:

My thoughts are it is prob just a mistake!

Jeff
24-12-04, 07:03 PM
Found a dodgy link: Clicking on 'Forums' in the top right corner doesnt work.