PDA

View Full Version : November (01/11/06) Meeting

Steve F
01-11-06, 10:22 AM
Just a reminder that this months meeting is at our new venue :)

Sydney Markets Industries Club
First Floor, Markets Plaza Building
Flemington Markets.

Off of Hammersmith Road

Tonight we have a talk on communications (UHF radios etc) and will hopefully be showing some video of previous trips as well as the usual raffle and trip reports etc.

As always visitors are welcome.

Cheers
Steve

CDKJ
01-11-06, 01:21 PM
:cry: Sorry I can't make it. I've got an info night for my sons kindy that he starts next year. I hope the new venue stacks up. :)
CD

Wooders
01-11-06, 09:58 PM
Ditto - sorry couldn't get there.....so how was the new venue???

Steve F
01-11-06, 10:51 PM
Went pretty well, the Harley owners club had thier AGM so it got a bit noisey and we were in a different area to where we'll normally be as they needed more room but other than I think it was pretty good.

The guys at the club are very friendly and enthusiastic and there are some possibilites of fundraising using the venue and the markets.

The only downside is you dont get to look over everyone elses Jeeps although there's no reason why we cant before or after the meeting.

I'll be interested to see what others thought of it.

Cheers
Steve

billsta
01-11-06, 11:24 PM
they sell beer

BJsTJ
02-11-06, 09:26 AM
The food was ok
we had tables and chairs to sit at
it's air-conditioned

more importantly not hard to find (even for me)

AussieCJ7
02-11-06, 02:47 PM
Steve Top find !!!!

Plenty of security guards driving around the car park, food was good value $10 for roast and desert and the club could not have tried to make us feel more welcome.

The price is perfect to boot

only 1 problem now it is only 30 mins from home I have lost some of my exuse for getting home late after BSing too long after the meeting

I am also wrapped to see a new level of euthisim returing to the club great work to the new committee

Jumbo
02-11-06, 06:26 PM
Big thumbs up on the new venue.. :D