PDA

View Full Version : Airflow Snorkel for the KJ (finally)

Dave
11-12-06, 02:03 PM
Did a google on Gibson RM after I spotted mention that they were now producing a snorkel for KJ Cherokees, and sure enough this is what the web site says is available.

Product Specifications

Jeep
Supply from 15/12/06. 3.1/2" full flow system delivering 175% free air to the inlet. Photo based Instructions (Needs to be professionally fitted.)

Go to http://www.gibsonrm.com.au/html/gibson_snorkels.htm and see for youself!

I have emailed them for further details and I will update if I hear more.

Merry Christmas,
Dave.

Dave
11-12-06, 05:07 PM
Got a phone call back from Michael at Gibson RM. They haven't released the catalogue yet containing new products including the KJ Snorkel.

He suggested I call him back next week and he will be able to give more information.

His number at Gibson RM is 03 5987 3733 if anyone else is interested.

More info as I hear it.

Dave.

CDKJ
12-12-06, 01:15 PM
Hi Dave,

Sounds good, keep us informed.

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59143&page=1

This is a tread fro AJOR on KJ snorkels.

CD

CDKJ
09-01-07, 01:22 PM
Dave,
Check out what CRDSTU has on his nice black CRD, link below. :D

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64859

CD

Dave
15-01-07, 10:12 AM
Thanks CD,

An interesting and scary post! I'm not trying it myself!!

I spoke to Michael at Gibson RM this morning. They are still doing Beta testing on the KJ Snorkel and are manufacturing a new part for the air filter box, to allow for easier removal once snorkel is fitted - for access to suspension etc.

He told me that the RRP for the full snorkel kit will be $449. He recommended fitting by a professional as it is very difficult and almost a panel beater job. We got any expert experts in the club? I'm certainly not!

Following that, he said they have no recommended dealers / fitters in NSW, let alone Sydney, only Vic, SA and Qld (what is wrong with us?) but I could order a kit by emailing him, if I could find a fitter.

Anyway, I'm not going to rush in. I would definately like to know if anyone in the club can help out.

Dave.

Dave
02-05-07, 02:22 PM
Got a phone call from Gibson RM on Friday last week. The snorkels are now available for purchase. Either contact them and they will ship one to you (cost approx $450 for the kit).

OR

I spoke to Troy at Jeepers HQ - ARB St Peters. He had previously tried to order some, and has been in touch with Gibson again. He told me that he was discussing becoming a recognised dealer for them, so he should be able to get stock and have them installed at ARB. Sounds like a good idea, as Gibson still recommended a very experienced fitter as it is a tricky job.

Can't wait to see one fitted (anybody else interested?).

Dave

MRGC
02-05-07, 04:09 PM
Is there any WJ happening.

CDKJ
02-05-07, 09:59 PM
Sounds good Dave, it seem's there are now a few KJ's getting around QLD & WA with them fitted. I look forward to seeing your KJ with one on, I've not seen any post's from fellow New South Welshmen that have fitted one. :D

Dave
14-05-07, 11:20 AM
Saw a Black KJ with Snorkel fitted at the 4WD Clubs Association get together at Bass Hill on the 6th May. It looked pretty good and the owner sounded happy with it!

He had his fitted at Opposite Lock at Rockdale on Thursday 3rd May. Spoke to Opposite Lock last week, that was the first one that they had fitted, and it took a full day!

They quoted me $750 for the whole job, and considering the kit alone is $450, fitting for $300 doesn't sound too bad to me - especially if it is a full days work.

I haven't signed up yet, counting the coins before the Simpson Trip on 1st July, so we will see!

Dave