PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated KJ Run - Sat Feb 17th 07

CDKJ
13-12-06, 01:41 PM
I've put a post on AJOR to get a KJ Run going next Feb, we have a few KJ's in the club so you should come along. The AJOR thread is below

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?p=713372#post713372

It will be C grade trip up to Zig Zag / Newnes (Lithgow Area),
If anyone knows of any restrictions or things I should do in regard to going up to Newnes please let me know.

My first trip with SJC was at the Newnes Nat Park run by Mad Dog earlier this year. It was a great day out & I would like to do the same run.

So if its a KJ get on board.

ChrisD

Dave
13-12-06, 01:54 PM
Hey Chris,

Yes, could be interested! January is a bit tricky, but February could be a go. Let us know!

Dave.

jenko
19-12-06, 09:01 PM
Hey Chris talk to stevef he know somegood tracks up there. :)

CDKJ
21-12-06, 07:32 PM
Dave

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:54 pm? ?Post subject:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Chris,

Yes, could be interested! January is a bit tricky, but February could be a go. Let us know!

Dave.

So far we have 7 KJ's interested, including you Dave. It's a good start.
Chris

jenko
25-01-07, 03:04 PM
Chris are will meeting at richmond maccers our zig zag car park

CDKJ
28-01-07, 09:04 PM
jenko

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:04 pm? ?Post subject:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chris are will meeting at richmond maccers our zig zag car park

Hi Rob,
Either is good, I can meet up with anyone who wants at Richmond Maccers & go up to Zig Zag car park from there. It takes around an hour to get up from Maccer to ZigZag car park.

jenko
29-01-07, 10:52 AM
8,8.30 at maccer's ok

Steve F
29-01-07, 11:23 AM
Not sure if this will affect you guys (I think it will) but the Old Bells Line of road at the Zig Zag railway is closed from the 2nd of February. I think that is the dirt road that goes from the Zig Zag up past the sawmill, maybe someone else knows for sure which road it is.

Cheers
Steve

CDKJ
29-01-07, 01:16 PM
Hi Steve,
That's it, I saw the sign on Sat. Sir Camel thinks it wont last as the access is used by people other than 4x4 drivers. Do you know of another access near the ZigZag car park? Sir Camel said you can asscess via Lithgow & drive up that way or do the trip in reverse (not that much fun for the brain).

jenko

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8,8.30 at maccer's ok

8 am sounds good Jenko, I will post up on AJOR.
Chris

Steve F
29-01-07, 01:30 PM
Hi Steve,
That's it, I saw the sign on Sat. Sir Camel thinks it wont last as the access is used by people other than 4x4 drivers. Do you know of another access near the ZigZag car park? Sir Camel said you can asscess via Lithgow & drive up that way or do the trip in reverse (not that much fun for the brain).

jenko

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8,8.30 at maccer's ok

8 am sounds good Jenko, I will post up on AJOR.
Chris

You can come up from Lithgow and bypass that road but not sure what the road you come in on is called. The other people (as in not bikes and 4wd) that use that road are the owners of it, it's a private road, they are the ones that are closing it so unfortunately not much can be done about it. Hopefully they'll sort out the maintenance of it with the council and it'll get opened up again soon enough.

Cheers
Steve

CDKJ
29-01-07, 05:21 PM
The other people (as in not bikes and 4wd) that use that road are the owners of it, it's a private road, they are the ones that are closing it so unfortunately not much can be done about it. Hopefully they'll sort out the maintenance of it with the council and it'll get opened up again soon enough.

That's a shame.

Dave
31-01-07, 03:33 PM
Okay, so 8.00am at Richmond McDonalds or 9.00am at Zig Zag car park (according to AJOR). I'll be there, as long as the road closure gets sorted???

Dave

CDKJ
05-02-07, 01:36 PM
as long as the road closure gets sorted???

Hi Dave,
We should be fine now, it would seem that it's now been sorted out.

I will be at Richmond Maccers at 7.45 & plan to leave at 8.10am on the 17th.

CD

Dave
18-02-07, 07:38 PM
Many thanks to Chris for organising an EXCELLENT day out in Newnes State Forest. We had 5 KJ's attending, only one from outside the club, and we picked up Toyota Hilux on the way who tagged along - at least he was a diesel, and a good bloke.
We did some great driving up some challenging slopes. Chris did a really good job directing us over and around obstacles, so thanks again for that!
I took lots of pix, some good, some embarassing, but hey its all good!

I guess the message is clear, everyone needs to get a KJ and come on fun trips!

Dave

CDKJ
19-02-07, 01:36 PM
Hey Dave,
I'm glad you had a great day out, I did. Post up your pics, I will when I get them from my mate.

Chris

jenko
19-02-07, 03:53 PM
Chirs that was a great trip,

CDKJ
19-02-07, 04:33 PM
This is a link to Ed's pics.

http://pics.ehor.tk/pics/thumbnails.php?album=21

Thanks Jenko, too bad about the lockers & the 4wd hey.

MRGC
19-02-07, 10:38 PM
This is a link to Ed's pics.

http://pics.ehor.tk/pics/thumbnails.php?album=21

Thanks Jenko, too bad about the lockers & the 4wd hey.
what happened with the lockers.

Dave
27-02-07, 12:00 PM
Chris,

I'd love to post my pictures but I don't know how. Can't find instructions on posting a gallery to Club Photos, and I don't have another Web Site. Happy to burn them to disk and send if you would like a copy. Have done that for Brian and Jenko - giving them at Sunny Corner.

Dave

CDKJ
27-02-07, 06:37 PM
Sounds good Dave, I will PM you.