PDA

View Full Version : Tyre size

cammelot
25-03-07, 12:55 PM
I'm buying new tyres for my Cherokee, I have 235/75R15 at the moment. Do I have to stick with this size or can I use any bigger ones (and how much bigger if so)?
What brands do you recommend (all-purpose tyres)?

Thx

Dave
26-03-07, 04:11 PM
I've got Cooper ATR's on my KJ - in a 10 ply Light Truck, and I'm really happy with them. They are actually quieter on road than the Goodyears that it came with, but they are a more agressive tread and a good all round tyre.

Quite a few others have the Cooper ST's which are more aggresive for off road, I'd expect they are noisier too (the STT's are definately noisier). It depends what type of driving you want them for. As to size, that depends on whether you have any kind of a suspension lift on your vehicle - consult your tyre seller

Dave

Steve F
26-03-07, 04:28 PM
With stock suspensiona 30x9.5x15 will fit, its a little bigger than the 235/75R15 but will make a lot of difference in a more aggressive tyre. As for brands and an all purpose tyre the Goodyear MTR is popular and is supposed to last well, the Coopers are also a well known and popular brand.

Cheers
Steve

Wooders
27-03-07, 12:24 PM
As steve said 30x9.5 is your answer.
that's what we run on our deadstock XJ.
A new 30x9.5 will juuuust fit...iwhen new it will rub ever so slightly on the back of the rear guards. And the spare will JUST fit in the stock location.

Overl its the sweet spot of a stocker. Our first set are getting worn now and I;m just about to fit a new set of muddies but still in the 30x9.5 size.