PDA

View Full Version : Menai Arvo/night drive Saturday 05/05/07

stevet
24-04-07, 03:26 PM
For those wanting to attend
Meet--Gate No.6
Time--3.00p.m.
End-- 10.30p.m.
All the usual Menai attendence requirements have to have been met by all vehicles wanting to drive at Menai.
Further info contact Stephen Taylor--m-0412-707903, or post up a reply if you interested 8)
As a gesture of "goodwill" we have been asked to collect x1 bag of rubbish whilst at Menai and provide a photo of our effort to the 4wd Assoc. with my trip report to them. ( The last to arrive gets to do the club trip report for the club magazine--think of the bonus points :wink: ) 8)
****** Late request folks. I need to have your Rego. No. before we enter the tracks due to new access rules for Menai. Just received email from the 4wd Assoc. So send me a pm or ring my mobile ASAP******
Stephen T.

**** Anybody else who want's to go on the run to Menai must supply me with their Rego. No. by tonight ( Friday 04/05.) or you can not drive. No late decisions to drive--If you are not already on the "registered list" unlucky, you WILL be asked to leave 8O :? , as per decision/Directive of the Menai Management Committee.****
Stephen T.

jeeper
25-04-07, 08:06 AM
yes! im going for sure....unless its called off.....

Katana
25-04-07, 06:23 PM
It would've been nice to tackle track 8 at night, but unfortunately I won't be able to make this one. :(

CDKJ
25-04-07, 08:18 PM
I could be in Steve, my wife is working in the afternoon/evening so I'd have 2 little Jeepers to contend with on my own. The good thing is they are able to fall asleep in the Jeep no problem. I will give some thought to the best way for me to haldle the trip & post back later. :roll:

BJsTJ
25-04-07, 10:02 PM
OK
it still all seems a bit scary to me
but I guess I am game
driving in the bush at night brrrrr
will bring my blanket and coffee

bernie

Steve F
25-04-07, 10:45 PM
Just dont break anything ;) we need you guys bright and early the next day at the 4WD Expo :)

Cheers
Steve

CDKJ
26-04-07, 01:33 PM
Sorry, after some thought I'm not going to make it.

Wolfe
03-05-07, 10:03 AM
Im keen to go and have sent you a PM

guido129
03-05-07, 11:28 AM
I'm in. See you there Steve. My Menai rego is until Sep.

stevet
03-05-07, 08:03 PM
Hi all,
Looks like we are all go for Saturday.
Coming----- Artie + Ponsie
Bernie
Chris C + Pellar ?
Guido129 ?
Wolfe ?
Me.
Anybody else coming along??????????
Thanks again for the lights Artie, can't wait to try them out on Saturday 8)
See you all there!.
P.S. Don't forget the camera's :roll:

stevet
03-05-07, 11:44 PM
Hi all,
Urgently need everyone's rego. No. before you can access Menai on Saturday due to new entry arrangements. The N.S.W. police will now be actively policing & enforcing tresspass laws/fines at Menai, so we may be stopped and our access permit/letter checked to see if all the vehicles are listed on the access letter.I have only Artie's & Manuel S.'s rego's so get them to me ASAP or by lunchtime tomorrow. Sorry for the late hassle but I just received the 4wd's Assoc. email. So P.M. me or ring me M- 0412-707903
Hear from you all soon :roll:

Cpage66
04-05-07, 09:47 PM
Steve, I'm out...have too much to do at the house Saturday if the wife has anything to do with me/us being gone all day Sunday.

Manuel
05-05-07, 10:40 AM
Steve I'm out as well. Sorry but something came up :(

jeeper
06-05-07, 12:05 PM
thatnx for a great night guys!!!!! Bernie howd you go with your brakes???? whats the go there???????

BJsTJ
06-05-07, 06:42 PM
well got home at some ungodly hour in the morning
the tow truck driver filled me in on the all the important details
like how he was working to pay the ex-wife and how
the girlfriend had the poohs with him as she wanted him to go to her place

boy was I glad to say goodbye to him Mr Cheerie not

today I bled the breaks (with a little help from my daughters friend) and after some coaching over the phone from Warren (arb87u)
and I have breaks

booking the car in still - want to know why?

very upset that I missed the 4WD expo - so from now on can we NOT have posts that say 'don't break anything' (thanx SteveF)

so all is good and is going to stay good

thanks for staying with me everyone - sorry it was such a cold night and we had already drank all the coffee
I had a great time anyway and night driving isn't so bad
what you can't see can't frighten you

and now I am a bit of an expert of driving without using the break - its easy just don't try it at home :D

BJsTJ
06-05-07, 06:44 PM
I really mean brake not break

must have been all the stress affecting my fingers

bj

jeeper
10-05-07, 07:58 PM
good to hear you made it home alive bernie!!! by the way we are still writing the trip report......email it to you soon :)

stevet
11-05-07, 03:33 PM
Here are the photos from the arvo/night.

http://www.aussiejeepimages.com/gallery2/v/SteveT/stephen/