PDA

View Full Version : svere front end shaking tj cherokee sport.

hillbilly
29-04-07, 05:02 PM
my tj drives well on most road surfaces, however sometimes when i hit a dip or large bump this shaking happens. i have replaced shocks, dampener , & track bar bushes, any ideas very welcome.

hillbilly

Steve F
30-04-07, 09:53 AM
Has it been lifted at all? What you are getting is know as 'Death Wobble' and can be brought on by lifting the Jeep and having the oncorrrect castor.

Cheers
Steve

hillbilly
30-04-07, 04:38 PM
thanks Steve! our jeep has had a lift 4" i think , iwill have it attened to straight away, the jeep was also rear ended about 18 months ago,the chassis had to be straightened & i was assured the alignment was ok,thanks again Steve

happy jeep'n
hillbilly

Wooders
03-05-07, 04:24 PM
TJ wrangler
or XJ Cherokee?

If it's been lifted what was done with the panhard?

hillbilly
03-05-07, 05:52 PM
Sorry mate its an xj cherokee 95 model,the lift was done before i purchased it,rancho is the brand on the lower suspension arms, i have had the panhard bushes replaced recently, you can tell im not much of a mechanic ! but im learning fast , if the lift required a new panhard how do i know if this was done?.Many thanks

hillbilly

Wooders
03-05-07, 08:34 PM
OK in that case double check the bolts threough the panhard bush, the TRE at the body end and the mounting bracket bolts are all nicely tightened to factory specs......

hillbilly
29-05-07, 11:50 AM
:) thanks for the advice, i had new tyres fitted last week & found a bent rim on rear, this would have been part of the problem , i will also replace suspension arm bushes a.s.a.p.

thanks again , hillbilly