PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for a trip that involves familys

CDKJ
09-05-07, 09:00 PM
I'm wondering if people are interested in doing a trip that involves families. It just seems that Menai is all that's on offer at the moment (which I enjoy & will attend the next cleanup with the fam) & as I have to work hard to get the family to come along to that it would be nice if there was a trip or a few that could be geared to a wider range of members.

As I've got 2 kids it's hard to keep them cool in the back while I enjoy my self (Ed's OK but Sophie isnt, she's 18 months). There must be other members that don't go out as there concerned about the kids not getting out for a play or making it a crap day.

I've got a book as many of you may have called 4WD Trecks close to Syd. It's got some good trails (I think) that could be broken down so kids & wifes may feel like coming along. Perhaps 1/2 day's etc.

One trip in the book is up through Wisemans Ferry to Wollombi, it's a 104.7km trip but could less. Perhaps a BBQ half way or a beer at the pub in St Ablans & the little Jeepers could muck around. Or a trip to Newnes town or what's left of it, with a little fun along the way :D .

All I'm trying to do is get the members that have families out on the trails, along with those that don't. The club up the road from me does this sort of thing all the time but it's not a Jeep club, & I thought I'd give it a try with my fellow Jeepers. I've been on a trip with them & it was great so I know it can work.

So how about it, let's get some feed back & see what people are interested in. Along side the normal trips I think this could help build more friendships & relationships within the club. If not just say so :D either way your comments would be great. Perhaps this isn't what the members are interested in but it's worth asking.

ChrisD

BJsTJ
09-05-07, 09:09 PM
Hey Chris
I think that is a fantastic idea

and especially having a stop off for food etc

I have been out on a few clean-ups and though I have great fun it would be good to just hang around with others from the club without the added pressure of finishing as many trails as we can in the short time we have

I am sure others will like the idea

bernie

Outback
09-05-07, 10:46 PM
I'm in Chris but you really have to do a recee for some of those trips in the book which involves quite a lot of work.
I was thinking of a two day one up to Hill end via bridle path its also in the book.
Kids might like that one up to Blackfellows hand track that we called in to on the way back from Zigzag! Like the "Lost World"

CDKJ
10-05-07, 01:46 PM
I'm in Chris but you really have to do a recee for some of those trips in the book which involves quite a lot of work.
I was thinking of a two day one up to Hill end via bridle path its also in the book.
Kids might like that one up to Blackfellows hand track that we called in to on the way back from Zigzag! Like the "Lost World"

Yes, the Zigzag one could be good. With a lunch at the pub/small shop that's at the ruins (or what's left of them). Perhaps cook a snag or 2.

The overnight would be cool but perhaps when it's starting to warm up a little. I'd be keen to do a recee but we would need to plan ahead for that.

I really wanted to do some day one's first.

BJsTJ
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:09 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Chris
I think that is a fantastic idea

and especially having a stop off for food etc

I have been out on a few clean-ups and though I have great fun it would be good to just hang around with others from the club without the added pressure of finishing as many trails as we can in the short time we have

I am sure others will like the idea

bernie

I hope so, if more are interested we should plan something.

Steve F
10-05-07, 04:25 PM
Plan it and they will come ;) That seems to be the best method, pick a date, add it to the calendar and it'll get in the mag.

For family days I was thinking a trip to Stockton with some dune boarding is over due so will try and organise a run up there soon.

Cheers
Steve

CDKJ
10-05-07, 08:08 PM
Plan it and they will come ;) That seems to be the best method, pick a date, add it to the calendar and it'll get in the mag.

For family days I was thinking a trip to Stockton with some dune boarding is over due so will try and organise a run up there soon.

Cheers
Steve

That sounds like a great idea, I've been there but not on it.

billsta
10-05-07, 10:06 PM
zig zag and wattagen are good...
not too keen on stockton, too much sand... and every second jeep over heats

JP_Mark
21-05-07, 08:22 AM
The run out to St Albans pub is nice and is accessible by road even if trails are closed. The best way to approach these types of trips is to plan something you would like to do rather than try and cater to varied tastes in the club. Invite your friends along and at least you'll make a day of it even if you get a poor response from the club. No probs inviting non-jeep friends and fam along on the trip.

BJsTJ
05-06-07, 10:17 PM
CDKJ
I put this in the mag for this month

whats happening with it?

do you have a plan yet

CDKJ
06-06-07, 07:53 PM
CDKJ
I put this in the mag for this month

whats happening with it?

do you have a plan yet

OK,
No plan as yet, been busy with sick kids, long hr's at work & looking for new rims. I've not forgotten it, it's just not up the top of the list ATM

CD

BJsTJ
07-06-07, 05:14 PM
no worries
hopefully there may be some more ideas posted on here once everyone gets this months mag
but don't hold your breath

jenko
07-06-07, 05:43 PM
I agree with Mark a run to St Albans pub would be good D trip.

CDKJ
08-06-07, 01:18 PM
I agree with Mark a run to St Albans pub would be good D trip.

Yes I agree, I have to sort a few things out then I will post a D trip that will involve lunch and a beer. :D

CD