PDA

View Full Version : Insurance......

jeeper
13-05-07, 05:21 PM
weve been shopping around for insurance quotes, and bernie told us that most insurance companies do not cover you if your a club member...or something like that..... and she mentioned about an insurance company that some of the members, including her self, are part of....what insurance company is that??????? thanx a heap peoples! :)

JP_Mark
14-05-07, 01:38 PM
Many insurers won't cover you if you go offroad but I don't think this has anything to do with being in a club (which is generally considered to be a good thing/sign of responsibility). The club is not allowed to make recommendations about insurers....but I happen to be insured through TCIS Insurance Brokers in Adelaide who cover my jeep offroad. :wink:

stevet
14-05-07, 02:06 PM
Hi Artie,
I am insured with GIO and they cover me off road, as long as it is a recognised 4wd track/trail eg, the tracks at Menai are ok as I found out when I made a claim the other year, but I am in the "old farts plus" rating for insurance and it was my 1st what the #$@! did I do that for 8O claim in 20 yrs :roll:
But it would pay for you to shop around and see what you can get.

Jaffas
15-05-07, 01:13 PM
You will find some of the "standard" insurance companies get funny about lifts over 2-3", so you have to do your shopping... just make sure u read the fine print, and sometimes ring back for a 2nd quote.
I rang 1 place one day for a price, the guy said all was OK. They looked like the best deal, so next day I rang back to confirm quote and join up, but the girl I spoke to was like, oh no, we don't cover that, blah blah, so obviously the first guy just wanted my money...

CDKJ
15-05-07, 01:32 PM
You will find some of the "standard" insurance companies get funny about lifts over 2-3", so you have to do your shopping... just make sure u read the fine print, and sometimes ring back for a 2nd quote.
I rang 1 place one day for a price, the guy said all was OK. They looked like the best deal, so next day I rang back to confirm quote and join up, but the girl I spoke to was like, oh no, we don't cover that, blah blah, so obviously the first guy just wanted my money...

I agree with you there. NRMA told me they would cover mine if I went over 2" but not the lift part. Last night they said if it's over 2" the whole car is not covered. As I have 10mm spacers in the back to compensate for the sag in the rear springs :wink: I should be OK :!: But I'm having a look around just incase.

BJsTJ
16-05-07, 04:49 PM
and bernie told us that most insurance companies do not cover you if your a club member...or something like that.....

Here's what I said

Most of the insurance companies I rang would not insure me once I got a lift more than 2 inches

so I eventually ended up talking to TCIS who said as long as you are a member of a 4WD club they will insure you off road and on road

my Jeep is insured with all the mods covered (everything I have done is covered)
The cost to insure with TCIS is less than tI previously paid though NRMA

Plus I am insured for twice as much as I was with NRMA when my Jeep was a stocker

jeeper
17-05-07, 06:28 PM
sweet! thanx for the help peoples! i think ill give tcis a call......